Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I love Wranglers and always will, but I would never pay that much for a Jeep or any vehicle. No offense to anyone that does buy one, to each their own.
Sponsored

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
I would throw out the body color flares/top and add the front camera and half doors. Pricing right where i figured over a similarly equipped Rubicon

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37ā€ KO2s
ā€œ392 Launch Editionā€ because ā€œBronco Launch Editionā€

Marketing. Itā€™s the 392. Enough said.

As others have said, I bet there will be 6.4L available in lower trims (ie: less standard features).

Anyone else wondering if it will come with the steel foot pedals and door seal guards. They werenā€™t an option to select and at 73K+, you think it would.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!

As others have said, I bet there will be 6.4L available in lower trims (ie: less standard features).

Anyone else wondering if it will come with the steel foot pedals and door seal guards. They werenā€™t an option to select and at 73K+, you think it would.

I agree. In a previous post, it sounds like someone who works for jeep in an unknown (to me) capacity said there won't be other editions, but that makes zero sense as that would mean all of the entire run of 392's would be "launch editions". Either way, I hope they do make them in less dressed up configurations, to make them more appealing to folks that want the engine, but not all the bells and whistles that come standard on the current 392.

Glad to finally see something official though. Was starting to worry that they had forgotten they had launched a new Wrangler. šŸ˜

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch.. can you spec the regular rock-trac 4:1 transfer case and 4.10 gearing for the 84:1 crawl ratio 'upgrade' :LOL: Or stuck with the selec trac and 48:1?

I'd guess the 450 ft lbs of torque makes up for it a bit. I'd have to think long and hard about it but it would be nice to have if I was considerably more wealthy.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

I'm almost certain they're doing this to literally beta test what will be future versions of this trim like they've done with other products before.

The JK 10th Anniversary Rubicon became a trim, the Challenger Demon essentially became a Hellcat trim, and the options on the Challenger 50 are now a Scat Pack trim.

If they don't kill the 392 sooner than later, I bet we'll see the engine appear as a mere powertrain option on the Rubicon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pnut

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Couple interesting things you can see on the B&P. First the dash is gloss grey. I wasn't sure what to expect - red, leather stitch or what. Second is the way the half doors have a hard frame around them at the bottom where they mate to the lower half of the half door. Will be interested to see in person.

Also that the armrest on the half door does not appear to have the bronze stitching like the concept did.

Also cool that the engine has bronze accents on the cover, as opposed to plain black.

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Jeep Wrangler 392 LAUNCH EDITION Starts at $73,500 Base Price. Build & Price Now Up dash and side window.JPG

engine.JPG

Heater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Rubicon. 2006 LJ Rubicon. 1984 CJ-7.
Itā€™s a nice vehicle. My first vehicle was a CJ-7 with basics. Did everything I needed it to do. Bought brand new in 1985 for $7000 out the door including tags. Drove it until the JKU came out then sold it for $4500 in 2009.

Understand how things go up in price but almost $80k for a Jeep JLU is ridiculous inflated.

I bought a brand new 2017 Ram Power Wagon with the 392 and all the options for a little over $51k. Iā€™m thinking Jeep is price gouging with this one.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Looks like the build tool/configurator is available up online now also
Just built my order on the configurator; man those half door uppers look dumb with the SOT roof! Was hoping they looked better than the spy photos. Will throw those in a closet and never look at again...

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Just built my order on the configurator; man those half door uppers look dumb with the SOT roof! Was hoping they looked better than the spy photos. Will throw those in a closet and never look at again...
For real haha
Sponsored