Sponsored

Official Jeep Statement: We are getting off road pages on the 2018 Wranglers!

OP
OP
Andrew_MI

Andrew_MI

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
One thing that’s confusing is it says the people who purchased a 2018 jeep with Offroad pages, you will get that as late availability. But jeep took out the off-road pages off-line and out of the 2018 JL , Jeep said the 2018 will not get offroad pages so if I bought a new wrangler today it would say nothing about Offroad pages but will I still get the pages in the future? Or is it just for the early adopters who were promised the Offroad pages and did not get them. If I buy a wrangler later today or tomorrow , Jeep and the dealer say nothing about off road pages But do I get them anyway ? If this is real then jeep needs to update their site to say Offroad pages late availability then I would feel safe and secure that we’re all going to get them. But right now I don’t know
If it’s a 2018, it’ll receive an update via over the air regardless of when the 2018 is purchased, I do agree with you in a sense it should be added back to website, I feel they haven’t as it has already caused confusion and may not want to add to it.
Sponsored

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
If it’s a 2018, it’ll receive an update via over the air regardless of when the 2018 is purchased, I do agree with you in a sense it should be added back to website, I feel they haven’t as it has already caused confusion and may not want to add to it.
I work on websites, sometimes it is easy to do an update sometimes not. I am sure with all the swirl going around they need to get their story straight before they burn it in with code. You need creative assets, you need copywriters and then you need publishers to get it out on the site. Also you need to scrub the site of all past references. That can take a couple of weeks to get straight.

Everyone thinks websites are really easy but I imagine the Jeep web team is very small and very over worked with a backlog of work a mile long.

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I like your confidence and hoping that's the case with my order! :)

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
I work on websites, sometimes it is easy to do an update sometimes not. I am sure with all the swirl going around they need to get their story straight before they burn it in with code. You need creative assets, you need copywriters and then you need publishers to get it out on the site. Also you need to scrub the site of all past references. That can take a couple of weeks to get straight.

Everyone thinks websites are really easy but I imagine the Jeep web team is very small and very over worked with a backlog of work a mile long.
Oh please!
They still have Jeep prices advertised as starting at $26,995 on their website and we're almost in April.
If I told my wife to add $800 to each and every item on our companies website she'd be done in 10 minutes.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I didn’t think this was a big deal until I took it off-road this past weekend and really wanted to see the ORPs on the Uconnect screen. So glad they are deciding to do this.

Sponsored

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Oh please!
They still have Jeep prices advertised as starting at $26,995 on their website and we're almost in April.
If I told my wife to add $800 to each and every item on our companies website she'd be done in 10 minutes.
One person can change all the prices on your website in 10 minutes? It’s a little different in the SOC compliance world. It takes about 10 different people to change a price on the site I work on and about half a day.

Last edited:

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
One person can change all the prices on your website in 10 minutes? It’s a little different in the SOC compliance world. It takes about 10 different people to change a price on the site I work on and about half a day.
Ok a half a day then...

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I'm not sure why people are churning themselves into butter over this issue. It's an ill defined feature, it's software, Jeep can label anything it's "ORP" and claim they have supplied them. The cost of distribution to existing customers is almost zero, providing no hardware changes are required, in the same way as the software on your phone has no real cost for the previously sold phones. Software development is always focused on new customers, driven by market needs and competition. The only meaningful exceptions are bug fixes and safety fixes. Jeep will supply something and take the high ground, while some customers will still feel short changed by the lack of feature completeness.

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD
Still waiting for 2019

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Like this is Shopify, Wordpress or Magento. Hahaha

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
They sure seemed to be able to take them down pretty quick. Putting them back up should be as easy as restoring a backup.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I'm not sure why people are churning themselves into butter over this issue. It's an ill defined feature, it's software, Jeep can label anything it's "ORP" and claim they have supplied them. The cost of distribution to existing customers is almost zero, providing no hardware changes are required, in the same way as the software on your phone has no real cost for the previously sold phones. Software development is always focused on new customers, driven by market needs and competition. The only meaningful exceptions are bug fixes and safety fixes. Jeep will supply something and take the high ground, while some customers will still feel short changed by the lack of feature completeness.
Not ill-defined. They had every page shown in the Owner's Manual. The product has existed on other Jeep vehicles prior to this. They marketed the product as having Off-Road Pages and sold it on that basis. Then they disabled the pages with an OTA update and tried to surreptitiously remove all references to the fact that they sold them from their website.

JeffMiller

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Too lazy to get up. Does the owners manual discuss how to get the Uconnect connected to get download?
That’s what I’d like to know. Do these things have LTE built in? And if so, who’s paying for the data?? I thought I saw somewhere you can have weather radar on there also. Does the unit connect to the internet via your smartphone hotspot?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what I’d like to know. Do these things have LTE built in? And if so, who’s paying for the data?? I thought I saw somewhere you can have weather radar on there also. Does the unit connect to the internet via your smartphone hotspot?
It works via XM Sat. Had it in my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, and in a Toyota Siena SE. it is nice to have the weather radar when traveling.

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great point. With satellite radio and all the other stuff. (You do have the ability to set up Wifi - so it has some sort of cellular radio built in.) They have all types of ways of "getting in". My concern is what are they pulling out on a daily basis that we have no idea what data they are harvesting.
Sponsored