First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Doubt it. Mazda’s philosophy on Miata is all about lightweight and doing more with less. A big honking six cylinder engine would add a ton of weight and kill Miata’s perfect 50-50 balance.
Yeah, I realize that it kinda goes against what a Miata is supposed to be. But I imagine that the engineers who designed the AC Ace thought that Carroll Shelby was a bit mad when he proposed putting a large American V8 in their car.
Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
So we just picked up our 2023 GW with the 3.0. I have to say I was hesitant when we ordered it, but man I love it! I flat towed our 392 back almost 500 miles. It averaged 10mpg through steep mountains and made most its power between 2000 and 3000 rpm. It’s really quite inside but has a nice unique sound at startup and idle, almost like an I6 diesel.
Ordered it through Gupton Motors.
Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Hurricane Twin-Turbo 3.0 I-6 Coming for Jeep - HO with 510HP and 500 ft-lbs! 6E79C911-A91B-4490-A3F6-D678BE902FE0

Deleted member 59498

So we just picked up our 2023 GW with the 3.0. I have to say I was hesitant when we ordered it, but man I love it! I flat towed our 392 back almost 500 miles. It averaged 10mpg through steep mountains and made most its power between 2000 and 3000 rpm. It’s really quite inside but has a nice unique sound at startup and idle, almost like an I6 diesel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Hurricane Twin-Turbo 3.0 I-6 Coming for Jeep - HO with 510HP and 500 ft-lbs! 6E79C911-A91B-4490-A3F6-D678BE902FE0
How peppy is it just driving around town? Good looking rig!

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
They had better improve the seats, because the ones in the current gen suck! I cant wait to trade mine off for a JK/ JL.
Man you are almost to the Arctic Circle. Way, way, way up North. You definitely know what cold really is...

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Since this is a "Wrangler Forum", I figured you guys knew I was referring to it being put into a Wrangler. I do not really care about it being put into an overpriced Wagoneer, other than it being a test mule.
I'm all for this new engine, if it lives up to it's hyped reputation, as long as it isn't overly priced.
I was all for the.V8 being stuffed into the Wrangler, and was going to buy one, until the price was set at a stupid level. I am glad I did hold off on that one, because of the weak axles they paired with it. let's hope they learn from past mistakes. But history says.they won't.
The truth.

The Jeep 0IIII0 as I have known it has never been a fav son any company that owned it. MB almost killed it and would have done so save for a few details that came out after they announced its death knell. Jeep is the only vehicle I know that is classified as an ICON and its NOT easy to get on that list. Others are Kleenex, XEROX, and Coke. The other item that came to light at MB was the realization that Jeep had the highest margins of any vehicle made, so it was HIGH profit, and the only division that made money every year, but they just did not sell a lot of them.

HP has never been a Jeep option, we were looking for one thing...Torque! But Jeep did play with a V6 back in 65, IIRC it was a Buick engine w/155 hp which almost doubled the HP of the 4 bangers.

I would bet the Super 6 Hurricane is not going to show up in an SWB, maybe the LWBs in a replacement of the HIGH dollar 392 EGO-BelchFire V8.

The Jeep world is a changing world. Off-road is fading fast, Moab is closing trails, in 2021 they canceled the Vendor show at EJS. The market is shifting to older folks. Many of us are old-timers going back to CJs and earlier and like many of us we chased the mud, sand, rock for 40 years or more and at some point in time, IMO, 2007 Jeep began to leave us behind as the Jeep got FAT on electronics and do-doah, push button windows and leather seats and more. Jeep did not have IIRC factory air until 97.

Like many I called my extreme rock days over in 2010, I retired. Jeep rose to meet consumer demand and the last real Jeep was the TJ/LJR. TJs did not get left on the trail due to breakage, NO SIR, they could fix on the trail and very few things went wrong. I fixed many a Jeep on the trails usually a u joint was the culprit.

Do I really want to wheel and beat my $63000 JLR with more electronics than the Best Buy store, can I drive thru a river with water up to my chest???

TIme Marches On, Tracy Lawrence

Last edited:

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
Is that color River Rock?

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
And since it's a forum, there's also nothing wrong with folks doing "a lot of guessing and assuming"...
THANK YOU!!!

(if only certain other members could grasp this truth)

Take away all the speculating, rumors, wishlists, and sharing of bits of inside knowledge and vehicle forums become REALLY boring.

Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
The truth.

The Jeep 0IIII0 as I have known it has never been a fav son any company that owned it. MB almost killed it and would have done so save for a few details that came out after they announced its death knell. Jeep is the only vehicle I know that is classified as an ICON and its NOT easy to get on that list. Others are Kleenex, XEROX, and Coke. The other item that came to light at MB was the realization that Jeep had the highest margins of any vehicle made, so it was HIGH profit, and the only division that made money every year, but they just did not sell a lot of them.

HP has never been a Jeep option, we were looking for one thing...Torque! But Jeep did play with a V6 back in 65, IIRC it was a Buick engine w/155 hp which almost doubled the HP of the 4 bangers.

I would bet the Super 6 Hurricane is not going to show up in an SWB, maybe the LWBs in a replacement of the HIGH dollar 392 EGO-BelchFire V8.

The Jeep world is a changing world. Off-road is fading fast, Moab is closing trails, in 2021 they canceled the Vendor show at EJS. The market is shifting to older folks. Many of us are old-timers going back to CJs and earlier and like many of us we chased the mud, sand, rock for 40 years or more and at some point in time, IMO, 2007 Jeep began to leave us behind as the Jeep got FAT on electronics and do-doah, push button windows and leather seats and more. Jeep did not have IIRC factory air until 97.

Like many I called my extreme rock days over in 2010, I retired. Jeep rose to meet consumer demand and the last real Jeep was the TJ/LJR. TJs did not get left on the trail due to breakage, NO SIR, they could fix on the trail and very few things went wrong. I fixed many a Jeep on the trails usually a u joint was the culprit.

Do I really want to wheel and beat my $63000 JLR with more electronics than the Best Buy store, can I drive thru a river with water up to my chest???

TIme Marches On, Tracy Lawrence

Off-roading is fading fast?I don't think so. It's getting even more popular because of the Jeep that's why everybody's trying to copy them All Jeep is trying to do is make it more accessible for more people people who are used to paying those kind of prices for things like heated/cooled seats, cruise control, AutoTrans, screens and technology. I was in Moab in 21 they did have a vendor show. I will say off-roading is not like it used to be I mean it's so much power and so much convenience that you basically losing touch with the trail computers and transmissions and gearing does everything for you and if you build one up nowadays you basically can close your eyes and drive through the Rubicon trail. Off-roading ain't going nowhere it's just changing from when you did it.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

EJS in 2021 was a crapshow. covid shut it down for 2020 and for the rest of the year it was thought that we wouldn't have one in 2021 either. With a short time to spare they called it good and it was back on. Not a lot of time to get everything organized, but it happened.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
The little 3.6 barely turns 37's even with 5.13 gears in 4hi/2wd. I personally can't wait for a turbo engine with 400ft lbs.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJS in 2021 was a crapshow. covid shut it down for 2020 and for the rest of the year it was thought that we wouldn't have one in 2021 either. With a short time to spare they called it good and it was back on. Not a lot of time to get everything organized, but it happened.
That was the first time I went into me it was the best time I had a ball that year.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The little 3.6 barely turns 37's even with 5.13 gears in 4hi/2wd. I personally can't wait for a turbo engine with 400ft lbs.
I have a fully built Jeep with 3.6 and 513 gears and big heavy axles and nitto trail grapplers and it's pushing it just fine even in deep snow at 3 psi.
Sponsored