Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Not sure if this is serious or not.

If it is serious, I would propose installing a skid plate that sits 1” above your toilet seat. Don’t worry! It will require “only” six bolts to remove, and you must reinstall it after every flush. Bolts will need to be torqued to spec, natch.

This process may sound unnecessary but it’s actually very simple. De minimus, really.
Haha, the oil isn't changed several times a day, it's only changed every 5,000 flushes (miles) or every six months or so.
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Hopefully Stellantis didn’t call it “Hurricane” ...because it sounds like a Dyson... 😫
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

More than likely had something to do with this:

Wiki said:
Willys Hurricane Engine:
The Willys F4-134 Hurricane was an inline-4 piston engine and powered the famous Jeep CJ in the CJ-3B, CJ-5, and CJ-6 models. It was also used in the Willys 473 and 475 pickups, wagons, and sedan deliveries. It replaced the Willys Go Devil engine that was used in the MB Jeep and other early Jeep-based models like the Jeepster. This engine was also built by Mitsubishi for their license-built Jeep, as well as other applications.
Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Hurricane Twin-Turbo 3.0 I-6 Coming for Jeep - HO with 510HP and 500 ft-lbs! iu

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I'm waiting on my flat-six to be built but yes other than flat-sixes, inline sixes are the next best ;) Aside from V10s, of course.
Not sure what V10 you're familiar with but my Ford 3V V10 is a keeper. 17 years old and runs like a top.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Vipers, R8s, Gallardos, and M5s. And have heard a Carrera GT at full song a few times. I love the sound of a screaming V10. That was sort of what I was saying. V10s are the GOAT. After that, flat sixes, then inline sixes :)

Not sure what V10 you're familiar with but my Ford 3V V10 is a keeper. 17 years old and runs like a top.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
What were the problems the 2.0 had? Other than the turbo rattle noise (waste gate valve) I haven’t heard or read any issues with the 2.0.
Don’t remember what ended up being the problems since they complained but probably never came back to share the outcome and the fix. All I remember is numerous owners being without their Jeeps for weeks and even months. Most likely for stuff that gets fixed the same day now, but the techs didnt have a clue how to fix them. Those that waited months were waiting for techs that had to be flown-in💁🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
My wife is going to be sooooooo pissed.... "you JUST got that Jeep!" I can hear it now....
I think you'll be fine. You won't see this in a Wrangler for a little while. Look how long it took them too stuff the 392 in it. Most likely Jeep will run it in the Trucks and Wagoneer models for awhile and have Jeepers begging and pleading for years. That way when they finally give it to you they'll over charge for it just like the V8 Wrangler. And then they can say they listened and gave you what you want and you'll be happy to over pay and take it from behind. This is the Jeep way!!

mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I was hoping that they wouldn't end up screwing this up but they did anyway. This engine had great potential as a 350hp-ish replacement for one of the current mainstream JL engines but instead it's a halo engine that may not even end up in a Wrangler. Kinda ridiculous that FCA chose to do this when their most iconic vehicle has such head-scratching engine choices.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hmmm should be an easy engine job swap for the 2.0T down the road. This engine in my 2 door would be…fun.
I wonder how similar it will be with the 2.0... mostly because I'm betting that it will never be offered in the 2-door.

OP
OP
gato

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Don’t remember what ended up being the problems since they complained but probably never came back to share the outcome and the fix. All I remember is numerous owners being without their Jeeps for weeks and even months. Most likely for stuff that gets fixed the same day now, but the techs didnt have a clue how to fix them. Those that waited months were waiting for techs that had to be flown-in💁🏼‍♂️

Yes, I'm not sure what the issue you are referring to is. The 2.0L is a model or serviceability and modularity. The intake comes out with all the charge cooling, the turbo is another module with wastegate controller, single cam [edit: bank], single row of ignition, 4 into 1 exhaust, and it has been bullet proof. Jeep has a lot more problems with the 3.6L (tic, toc, tic, toc, tic, tic, tic, tic :))

Last edited:

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
So there ended up being nothing to the reports of tighter cylinder spacing. Possibly that was inferred from the use of the spray in coating over cylinder liners.

OP
OP
gato

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I wonder how similar it will be with the 2.0... mostly because I'm betting that it will never be offered in the 2-door.
The 2.0 will definitely be offered in the 2-door, simply for the fact that the 3.6 will be killed long before the 2.0, which will live until the last ICE Jeep vehicle leaves stage left. (the only issue is when)

I think having the 3.0T will free up enough 2.0 engines to offer them more widely.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The 2.0 will definitely be offered in the 2-door, simply for the fact that the 3.6 will be killed long before the 2.0, which will live until the last ICE Jeep vehicle leaves stage left. (the only issue is when)

I think having the 3.0T will free up enough 2.0 engines to offer them more widely.
What I meant to say was: I don't think the 3.0 will ever be offered in the 2-door. If you want a 3.0 in a 2-door, it will likely need to be swapped.

• Sad
Reactions: AFD

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
And I thought my Hurricane T4 looked well-encumbered with hoses and pipes and wires...

Isn't it interesting how, as the capabilities and performance of modern engines continue to increase, they also continue to look less and less like their predecessors? The sheer degree of plumbing on the new I6 certainly contributes to this phenomena. No worries; I wouldn't refuse the capabilities that it puts on offer. 👍

Jeep Wrangler JL Official: Hurricane Twin-Turbo 3.0 I-6 Coming for Jeep - HO with 510HP and 500 ft-lbs! New TT I6

The T-6 could only be offered in Wranglers as a high $ flagship 392 like model only.🤔
I certainly hope not. Why position the new I6 as anything other than another engine choice? Stellantis has already made their money grab with the boutique toy calling itself the Rubicon 392. Make the twin turbo 6 engine choice just another check off on the Configurator, in a manner similar to selecting an automatic transmission, and price it so as many Wrangler buyers as possible can enjoy it.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
What I meant to say was: I don't think the 3.0 will ever be offered in the 2-door. If you want a 3.0 in a 2-door, it will likely need to be swapped.
What exactly is making people think the new 3.0T won't be offered in the 2-door?

I do see the Pentastar going away fairly soon, but having the 2.0T as the only 2-door engine choice kinda sucks (guess it's still better than having the 2-door go away completely).
Sponsored