CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
apples and oranges but i love the inline 6 in my E46 BMW

I thought i'd keep my JL "forever" but with the 392, XR package and now this, Stellantis is making it harder and harder not to trade in and upgrade.
Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Not in Wrangler. It'll be showcased in Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer at the NY Auto Show right around the time of the EJS. Wrangler application hasn't been confirmed or even mentioned at this point. Showcase will stay on the premium products for now.

Wonder if this might be showcased in a JL Easter Safari concept next month???

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
This looks like an awesome engine, but I will admit I am still kinda annoyed that they are focusing on Turbo's. Where is the supercharger engines? I would much prefer a supercharger than turbos in regards to longevity/maintenance and with the current situation gas price wise, I I don't understand the focus on ICE engines right now. shouldn't they be working on improving the electrical engines?

I just hope its not a new trend for Stellantis thats becoming like some big name computer companies where a few years back where it was more important marketting wise to put out new stuff often even if it was all buggy and not working properly vs putting out less stuff but making sure it worked right.

with that said, two doors are gonna be out for this anyways like stated by others because of drivetrain length issues. Now give some 2 door guys some love, where is my Magneto development status at...;)

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Hopefully the training and experience the Jeep techs now have on the 2.0 will pay off, cause it would be a shame if the first year owners of that engine go through the same nightmare that some 2.0 owners endured with their Jeeps in the shop for weeks and months because the techs didn’t have a clue on how to fix them.
What were the problems the 2.0 had? Other than the turbo rattle noise (waste gate valve) I haven’t heard or read any issues with the 2.0.

Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I wonder if the 392 will retain some value like air-cooled 911s.

It is pretty clear the HO version would replace the 392. The also mention electrification. I suspect Hellcats (or whatever is replacing it) will get some sort of supplemental electric motor to boost performance.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
GME-T6 SO at 400HP/450TQ+ with an option for regular gas sounds perfect and hopefully without the eTorque MHEV crap for now.

Any chance of this coming to a Wrangler (or Gladiator) 2-door any time soon?

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Be Nice if this is actually the oil filter -

1648214359449.png
If the oil filters in that location, don’t worry, I’m sure the engineers will figure out how to make it almost impossible to access. Just like they did on the current Ram 6.7 diesels. The filter was stupid easy to access then they decided to put a massive crossmember directly below it.
In a Wrangler I'm sure Jeep will place a skid plate under the oil filter making it nearly impossible to get damaged by off road activities AND impossible to access it during oil changes.

Like my 1992 Dodge Dakota. It had to have the inner fender liner loosened to fit the oil filter through during removal. I hated getting oil running down my arm accomplishing this so I finally took it in to get the oil changed.

The oil change on that Dakota was taking forever when the technician came into the waiting area and asked me how to get the filter out from between the engine and frame. And this was with the V-6 as I wanted a manual transmission and the V-8 only came as an automatic.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I notice that the alternator is located at the very bottom of the engine where it would be submerged in any creek crossing. Is that liable to be a problem?
Jeep relocated the alternator to the top on the Pentastar for Wrangler applications for that exact same reason. Hopefully they will do the same with this engine.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
A fellow member on the Fiat 124 Spider forum who lives in Michigan, says he has seen this engine driving around getting tested... and it sounds really good...

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
It definitely sounds intriguing & interesting at the same time. Having built a turbo engine in the MR2 turbo I used to have, this sounds very intriguing, especially...

• Engine-mounted water-to-air charge cooler with a dedicated cooling circuit (single inlet for SO/dual inlet for HO)
Some folks in the MR2 world were building air/water intercoolers. Radiator in the front with the charge cooler on top or near the engine. Worked better than a regular air to air since they were mounted next to the engine which was in the back of the car, so not a lot of air flow. But, could get complicated having all that extra piping, pump, & electrical components to run it. But was a better option than water/meth injection, as that could run out on road courses, but was fine for drags & auto-x. Of course this engine won't be sitting midship, so maybe this A/W intercooler won't be as complex.

Still, sounds very interesting. But, I actually like my 3.6L non e-torque. But, as mentioned, a simple tune & performance could really jump up.

Hmmmmmm...
:rock:
Sponsored