Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Sure! If you dont have anyone else back there.
I think he means the small empty space behind the seats themselves... so I hope you don’t have people back there. ;)
Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Carry-bag or Cart Bag, or CartBag with wheels?

Essentially in my experience with the JK (which sees a lot of golfing at the cottage) only a medium Carry-bag will fit there and only leaning sideways, but my Ogio Carry-Bag won’t fit in the JK because it’s too thick to fit behind the top of the seats and the window when they are down in place and too long to lay flat, because the space is truncated at the ends back there. A soft top would allow you the freedom to stick out the end a bit where the seat leans back.
A CartBag would never fit IMO.

I don’t think this area in the JL has increased in space much.

Of course you can alway pair down you clubs (odd irons only) and use a travel bag, that might help. ;)

Or just fold the seat up, which is what I do... when it’s not removed altogether. But if you need that seat in it’s normal spot, it’s very limited space.
Kind of what I was seeing...I think mine will not fit. Leaning towards a 4 door anyway so the wife and kids can be comfortable, but have to make sure my clubs fit too! You know...priorities!!

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I don't think anyone is putting lipstick on anything. Bus since we are discussing, how would you think they should have gone about reducing the wheel base? I know I can think of one sure fire way.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
What does wheelbase have to do with anything? Chevy Tahoe body is much larger than the JLU - larger car carries more people. What exactly is your point?

By the way, you do understand the Wrangler is marketed for off-road? And you do understand that a larger wheelbase in relation to the body is good for off-roading, right?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The Tahoe has less ground clearance and MUCH worse approach and departure angles. It is NOT an off road vehicle, in any way, shape, or form. It is good at what it does, which is people moving, towing, and handling bad weather, VERY comfortably. I just took trails a couple weeks ago in my JKU that I would NEVER consider taking in a Tahoe, because it simply would not have made it. I would have torn the air dam and rear bumper to shreds, for starters.

This is an apples to oranges comparison. Heck, the ZR2 has a MUCH longer wheelbase than either of them, at up to 140.5 inches. Ask Chevy which is better off road, the ZR2 or the Tahoe. So does the Power Wagon. And, the Raptor. And the Tacoma TRD Pro (140.6) Any of those are far superior to a Tahoe off road.

The best thing is that if you do consider wheelbase to be so important, the Jeep offers something the Tahoe does not: A 2 door version with a short wheelbase. See, you are covered!

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
The Tahoe has less ground clearance and MUCH worse approach and departure angles. It is NOT an off road vehicle, in any way, shape, or form. It is good at what it does, which is people moving, towing, and handling bad weather, VERY comfortably. I just took trails a couple weeks ago in my JKU that I would NEVER consider taking in a Tahoe, because it simply would not have made it. I would have torn the air dam and rear bumper to shreds, for starters.

This is an apples to oranges comparison. Heck, the ZR2 has a MUCH longer wheelbase than either of them, at up to 140.5 inches. Ask Chevy which is better off road, the ZR2 or the Tahoe. So does the Power Wagon. And, the Raptor. And the Tacoma TRD Pro (140.6) Any of those are far superior to a Tahoe off road.

The best thing is that if you do consider wheelbase to be so important, the Jeep offers something the Tahoe does not: A 2 door version with a short wheelbase. See, you are covered!
Hey, you figured out my sure fire way!

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
:) well put

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
ohana-limousine-3.jpg

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on who rolls out of it, you might be quite popular, or on the wrong end of a swinging baseball bat.

If the Swedish bikini team, you're all-world for life. :handsinair:

If Pennywise and all his buddies, I see a different outcome.

wy5aql0l7ulkb6per4ox.jpg

Though I think Pennywise is more likely to show up in the heavily modded smart car...

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Based on wheelbase the best off-roading is a 4wd Smart car.
9038F44B-FAA8-4114-B678-22A2F81D9649.jpeg
That thing reminds me of a vehicle I actually thought was pretty cool when I first saw it in the early 90s, The Renault Racoon.
I loved the idea of a scissor lift for different on-road / off-road characteristics on a single platform.
Those green tyres were sepcially made by Michelin for extreme traction wet grip, the tech eventually made its way to bicycle tyres.

4EDD0F08-7083-49EB-A992-56CD0D6D184B.jpeg
43804239-1461-4AD7-85B6-868EA63C18B5.jpeg
A2792584-F4EA-40D0-ABB7-FE486BD6F77C.jpeg

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was wondering how long it would take for there to be some JL-inspired mods for the JK :)

Not long at all!

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 9.54.58 PM.jpg
Sponsored