jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Hello,

My name is Jay living in Longmont. Have a 2019 JL Sport S 2 door 3.6L Auto (8.5K miles) with a spanking brand new Mopar 2.5" lift. Still waiting on Fuel Ammo 17x9 -12mm offset wheels. Damn CV insanity, may have to settle for a different wheel type. I will likely mate whatever wheels I acquire with either 35" Nitto EVO Grappler, Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler Ultraterrain AT or BF Goodrich KO2's. Regardless, still researching and using this delay to make a good tire decision.

So even though I'm still not yet completely set with my intended build, I'm sure interestered in meeting (likely still virtually) with other Denver area forum members. Maybe at least to just get acquainted and start talking about everything Jeeping here in Colorado.

I've done some off-roading but nothing really serious. Mostly Rosevelt Forest Motor Vehicle Use trails using Avenza MVUM maps. I do have a current CO OHV permit. I realize however that I don't have the rig to do cliff climbing and boulder bouncing just because of the non-locking open diffs. Still, just because I don't have a bad-ass Rubi doesn't mean I still don't won't go explore our great state. The lifted Sport with awesome 35 tires will get me to many places even mere SUV's will dare not go. I will also admit I have a lot to learn but am willing to do it the right way, with the advice and mentorship of outher Jeepers.

My wife and I are actively working on joining a patrol with the Mile High Jeep Club, we've been sponsored but the stay-at-home orders have canceled all their meetings. Unfortunately that means an indefinate wait time for any new prospective members.

So, I'm totally excited to meeting up with other jlwrangler forum members here in the Denver / Front Range area. Even if it is still via PM, email, zoom, phone or whatever.

Jay

IMG_20200411_115427.jpg

JeepColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hello,

My name is Jay living in Longmont. Have a 2019 JL Sport S 2 door 3.6L Auto (8.5K miles) with a spanking brand new Mopar 2.5" lift. Still waiting on Fuel Ammo 17x9 -12mm offset wheels. Damn CV insanity, may have to settle for a different wheel type. I will likely mate whatever wheels I acquire with either 35" Nitto EVO Grappler, Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler Ultraterrain AT or BF Goodrich KO2's. Regardless, still researching and using this delay to make a good tire decision.

So even though I'm still not yet completely set with my intended build, I'm sure interestered in meeting (likely still virtually) with other Denver area forum members. Maybe at least to just get acquainted and start talking about everything Jeeping here in Colorado.

I've done some off-roading but nothing really serious. Mostly Rosevelt Forest Motor Vehicle Use trails using Avenza MVUM maps. I do have a current CO OHV permit. I realize however that I don't have the rig to do cliff climbing and boulder bouncing just because of the non-locking open diffs. Still, just because I don't have a bad-ass Rubi doesn't mean I still don't won't go explore our great state. The lifted Sport with awesome 35 tires will get me to many places even mere SUV's will dare not go. I will also admit I have a lot to learn but am willing to do it the right way, with the advice and mentorship of outher Jeepers.

My wife and I are actively working on joining a patrol with the Mile High Jeep Club, we've been sponsored but the stay-at-home orders have canceled all their meetings. Unfortunately that means an indefinate wait time for any new prospective members.

So, I'm totally excited to meeting up with other jlwrangler forum members here in the Denver / Front Range area. Even if it is still via PM, email, zoom, phone or whatever.

Jay

IMG_20200411_115427.jpg

Welcome! You'll be surprised where that Sport will go!; especially with the way you are setting it up. Some good tire placement, an awareness of where your diffs are relative to the terrain underneath so they don't get hung up, and a willingness to go slow and pick your line and you'll be just fine. I took a sport TJ on 35s all over the Rubicon and Hell's Revenge- I did off-road parks from Florida to California in it. I've got a Rubicon now, but I learned on a Sport and truth be told, the Sport would go 98% of the places I've ever wanted to go.

JoepCO

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Since I started this thread prob a good idea to respond, right? I've been crazy busy but now have downtime due to COVID worldwide freeze-frame!
Prob a good idea to get a list of people that are interested in some group rides this spring - maybe start off with something not too crazy like slaughterhouse trail near Bailey, CO? Pretty accessible from most of the front range area and fun little trail. I last ran this with a couple buddies of mine back in October and it was a good time. Easy enough most rigs can clear it all, couple of fun spots you can pick harder lines on if your rig is more built up or you feel like testing the suspension limits!
Let's see who's interested and maybe set a time next month or so to meet up and do a ride (i.e. Slaughterhouse).
Erik
I would be interested, I live in Morrison so just let me know when!

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Reminder that there is still a group using slack for organizing Colorado trail rides and such. If any additional people would like to join send me your email address over private message.

Sponsored

OP
OP
efitzger

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I would be interested, I live in Morrison so just let me know when!
Awesome! I'm in Evergreen.
As soon as all this lock down nonsense is over I'm going to set something up one weekend (prob early start to avoid crowded trails) then see how many we get. Probably try to keep it to 5-7 rigs but if it gets bigger break into two groups. Plenty of fun little rides close by like Spring Gulch, Slaughterhouse, etc. If we get a good group going we can head out and do an overnighter/ bigger trip like Black bear, Crested butte area, etc.

OP
OP
efitzger

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Reminder that there is still a group using slack for organizing Colorado trail rides and such. If any additional people would like to join send me your email address over private message.
Shoot me your contact info so we can try and combine all this into one area and get a decent front range jeep calendar set up so there are multiple rides for everyone to choose from and fit in their schedule. Great to meet fellow jeepers in the area.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Hello, folks.

my wife and I are new transplants from Houston. We live in Downtown Denver. Would relish the opportunity to learn about our new State.

anyone have a recommendation on the best 4x4 shop in Denver? I did some reach a bit ago and found a place that I would like and now I can’t seem to find it. Thoughts?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Hello, folks.

my wife and I are new transplants from Houston. We live in Downtown Denver. Would relish the opportunity to learn about our new State.

anyone have a recommendation on the best 4x4 shop in Denver? I did some reach a bit ago and found a place that I would like and now I can’t seem to find it. Thoughts?
Welcome! I moved back last September after living on the east coast for 9 years. I hope you get some responses for a shop as I'm looking too.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, folks.

I do almost all my own installs so can’t really comment on good labor, but I did have mine regeared at Northridge4x4 and I haven’t had any issues with the work.

I do most of my purchasing through Northridge4x4 online and it’s been convenient to be able to return a few things back to the physical store when I’ve needed to. They stock inventory here too, but still most of the things ship in from other locations.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I do almost all my own installs so can’t really comment on good labor, but I did have mine regeared at Northridge4x4 and I haven’t had any issues with the work.

I do most of my purchasing through Northridge4x4 online and it’s been convenient to be able to return a few things back to the physical store when I’ve needed to. They stock inventory here too, but still most of the things ship in from other locations.
Thank you for this recommendation. have you had work done there too? Turn around times quick?

any other ideas from others?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for this recommendation. have you had work done there too? Turn around times quick?

any other ideas from others?
Only work I’ve had done there is regearing my axles.

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Hey everyone! New to the forums and I live in Colorado Springs. I've been a longtime Jeep owner (2003 and 2010 Liberty), but purchased a 2019 JLU Rubicon back in September. Working on a couple of upgrades (need to replace the plastic front bumper and add a winch) and also plan on hitting some of the more fun trails this summer!

I'd love to exchange ideas with everyone and meet up on the trails.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone! New to the forums and I live in Colorado Springs. I've been a longtime Jeep owner (2003 and 2010 Liberty), but purchased a 2019 JLU Rubicon back in September. Working on a couple of upgrades (need to replace the plastic front bumper and add a winch) and also plan on hitting some of the more fun trails this summer!

I'd love to exchange ideas with everyone and meet up on the trails.
Welcome to the Springs! what brought you here? I'm fairly new to the wheeling world and there are some decent trails close that will get you out into the mountains. I definitely don't get out as much as I should. One group I was just out with last weekend is the Bearded Bastards check out their F/B page, despite the name this has been one of the best local groups I've ridden with and seem super respectful and knowledgeable. Also, in this group is the Front Range Jeep Club (mostly Denver area), they use Slack and I am horrible about keeping up on Slack. I've ridden with them once and they are great as well. They just tend to do more of the Northern trails/rides so you'd travel a few hrs to meet up.
Sponsored