Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

2020 Jeep® Lineup Ready for Winter With North Editions

jeep-gladiator-north-edition.jpg

• Jeep® introduces new North Edition models across the entire lineup to tackle the toughest winter driving conditions
  • Special-edition models include legendary Jeep 4x4 capability, winter performance tires, remote start, heated steering wheel and seats
  • Three Jeep North Edition vehicles will be on display during the New England Auto Show: Jeep Gladiator, Grand Cherokee and Wrangler
  • North Edition models are now available for sale and order through local Jeep dealers
January 16, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - As the bitter cold of winter moves into much of the country, Jeep® is delivering new North Edition models across its lineup, with legendary 4x4 capability and a host of standard content to tackle frosty commutes.

“When winter weather hits, your Jeep SUV can be your best friend,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA North America. “Every Jeep 4x4 is engineered to easily tackle winter, and our new North Editions add features and technology to make winter driving even more of a pleasure.”

North Edition models are available for sale and order through local Jeep dealers. The Renegade North Edition will arrive in Jeep showrooms in March.

Standard features on Jeep North Edition models include:
  • All-weather Jeep 4x4 capability with brake lock differential, anti-lock brakes and traction control
  • All-season or all-terrain tires for severe snow conditions and winter traction performance
  • Heated seats and steering wheel
  • Remote start system
  • Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen with SiriusXM Travel Link Weather
  • All-weather floor mats to contain slush and snow
  • Power heated mirrors
  • Tow hooks
  • Jeep Trail Rated kit (tow strap, D-rings, carabiner, gloves, safety kit)
Three Jeep North Edition vehicles – Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee (New England Motor Press Association’s past Official Winter Vehicle of New England) and Jeep Wrangler – will be on display at the New England International Auto Show (January 16-20) at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.

Starting prices for Jeep North Edition models (excluding $1,495 destination fee):
  • Jeep Cherokee (Latitude): $29,755
  • Jeep Compass (Sport): $27,800
  • Jeep Renegade (Sport): $26,670
  • Jeep Gladiator (Overland): $45,720
  • Jeep Wrangler (Sahara): $44,465
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee (Laredo): $38,790
Sponsored

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Some buyers are driving North Editions now and there are many on dealer lots. The official announcement is a bit late to the party.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Standard features on Jeep North Edition models include:
  • All-weather Jeep 4x4 capability with brake lock differential, anti-lock brakes and traction control
  • All-season or all-terrain tires for severe snow conditions and winter traction performance
  • Heated seats and steering wheel
  • Remote start system
  • Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen with SiriusXM Travel Link Weather
  • All-weather floor mats to contain slush and snow
  • Power heated mirrors
  • Tow hooks
  • Jeep Trail Rated kit (tow strap, D-rings, carabiner, gloves, safety kit)
Took a look at this list of standard features. My JLR has all of those things! Does that mean I have Rubicon "North Edition"? I want my "North Edition" sticker if it does! Nah…I rather stay in the closet after thinking about it. They can keep the stickers.

All kidding aside, great there are more special editions. Great way to get ride of options for FCA and great way for any buyers to save a few bucks for the bundled equipment. Win-win!

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm smirking.

And I'm doing so because I seem to recall FCA stating, upon release of the Gladiator, that this model would be a limited production vehicle--which in my mind equates to less Gladiators being made than demand for them exists in the marketplace.

Of course FCA's response might be, "oh--we've kept our word. This isn't a Gladiator, its a North version Gladiator." ;)

Yeah, something told me that if profit were to be had, FCA would meet Gladiator demand.

I'm not knocking this new Gladiator--it's great. I'm just sticking it to FCA a bit, as if to say, "we both knew all along that if Gladiator demand was there and profit was to be had, that the notion of limiting Gladiator supply to preserve collectors item value for owners, at the expense of corporate profit, wouldn't hold water."

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm smirking.

And I'm doing so because I seem to recall FCA stating, upon release of the Gladiator, that this model would be a limited production vehicle--which in my mind equates to less Gladiators being made than demand for them exists in the marketplace.

Of course FCA's response might be, "oh--we've kept our word. This isn't a Gladiator, its a North version Gladiator." ;)

Yeah, something told me that if profit were to be had, FCA would meet Gladiator demand.

I'm not knocking this new Gladiator--it's great. I'm just sticking it to FCA a bit, as if to say, "we both knew all along that if Gladiator demand was there and profit was to be had, that the notion of limiting Gladiator supply to preserve collectors item value for owners, at the expense of corporate profit, wouldn't hold water."
Yeah, at the end of the day most car companies answer to share holders. Car companies make sure they produce one car for every buyer + one additional unit.

True collector cars are one in a million. A very, very, very, very small percentage of modern production automobiles are instant collectables. Porsche, Ferrari, Ford and a few other companies have made instant collectables by limiting production but it's very, vary rare. Some car companies like Ferrari use these very exclusive- limited model cars as rewards for loyal customers. As in they give you the privilege of "possibly" buying one for being loyal. Being loyal mean buying and owning several high end models. Ford actually interviewed potential GT buyers before agreeing to sell them one under unique sales conditions.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this on the website earlier today. Just needs the rubi hood to top it off

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yeah, at the end of the day most car companies answer to share holders.
As they should Nick...better as their management is nothing short of required to do within the scope of law--agreed.

It's just the up front limited edition hype of the Gladiator that I knew would prove false if demand was there.

I'm sure get where I'm coming from.:)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5 Blazer, Jeep
Am I alone in thinking there are too many of these "special edition" packages? It would be more meaningful if there were fewer special editions and more differences between these models and the regular models.

Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
The point of these special editions isn’t to be some “1 of 200 in this color combo with this engine” fake rare trim, it’s to lump together a bunch of options that are commonly ordered together for a value package. This has all of the options I ordered for mine as standard, so if I was buying a new JL today, I would build it off of this one and save a couple grand.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As they should Nick...better as their management is nothing short of required to do within the scope of law--agreed.

It's just the up front limited edition hype of the Gladiator that I knew would prove false if demand was there.

I'm sure get where I'm coming from.:)
I sometimes wonder why car companies keep raising the MSRP even though previous years of inventory has to be sold for steep discounts? I am not smart enough to know why but I wonder if it's to bump their market cap?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I don't think I saw it listed, but I think these also come with the Selec-Trac tranfercase too.
Sponsored