Sponsored

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Will there be a base Willys sport like there is now? For example, can I still get roll up windows on the Willy’s?

Malifestro

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Is there a new hitch to go with the 5,000lb towing, or a beefier rear cross member? Is that all engine options on the Rubicon, or just one?
I would think so. I heard Mark Allen stated that the 4xe is coming to the Gladiator next. It would make sense that during that release, all of this would be carried over to it.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
So the full float rear axle is dope but man the Rubicon is going to balloon in pricing. Makes the Willys way more tempting, and I probably could have saved a ton of money had I not needed to buy at the end of last year.

That radio however is hideous, the way it waterfalls into the cluster just doesnt work and the rectangle vents just dont fit in with anything else inside. Sucks that UC5 cant just be a flash or extension module for the older radios.

Also does that make the 23s a super short model year? Started in August-ish of 22 and already fazed out.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
I'm really hoping the new seats help improve head and legroom. I'm worried they might make it worse :lipssealed:
The current seat is comically high on the lowest setting. I don't know what they were thinking.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I dig it. I was convinced they'd never bother doing this and run the current technology as long as they could, but I was wrong. I wonder how much of this was natural evolution vs. competition with the Bronco.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Will there be a base Willys sport like there is now? For example, can I still get roll up windows on the Willy’s?
That was the first thing I noticed, in the list where it's enumerating all the models it only lists "Willys (Sport S +)". I think they're discontinuing the Willys Sport which is a shame.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Oh one ore thought, sucks that they partnered with Trails Offroad. Never found their features to be as good as onX or Gaia. Hell Gaia is probably the best Ive used even if its not the most polished.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That grill looks horrible....wonder if the old JL grill will fit.
Likely yes, since the 20AE is a JL.1 with this grille, you can probably put a JL.1 grille on a JL.2

I'm coining it now - We'll call them .1 and .2, Porsche already has this figured out.

Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping for ventilated front seats to get my wife to switch over to a JL. Got a WL Trailhawk with them and she won't give them up. I'm hoping for a retrofit kit for the infotainment setup. I dig it!
The aftermarket offers ventilated seat kits that can be applied to OEM seats. It is not for the feint of heart, but it is possible.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Toyota is investing heavily into hydrogen powered vehicle technology. I am not convinced that a fully electric Jeep is the way to go, but the engineers may be able to eventually pull it off. If Toyota can make hydrogen power realize its full potential then it would be fantastic to eventually see a hydrogen powered Jeep. Until then I am thankful for my diesel Jeep.

MaximusW

First Name
Maximus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe Rubicon X (Anvil)
Occupation
Creative Director
Oh one ore thought, sucks that they partnered with Trails Offroad. Never found their features to be as good as onX or Gaia. Hell Gaia is probably the best Ive used even if its not the most polished.
I like Trails Offroad. I'm a fan of all three services. To date, I've researched using Google Earth/Maps, Trails Offroad and onX and then used Gaia for on-trail navigation. OnX just did a pretty significant update to their route builder that I have yet to check out.
Sponsored