Official 2019 Wrangler Info Inside

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
It's done through cameras on the windshield by the rear view mirror.
Uh oh, does that mean they may do away with fold-down windshields? You know, the one feature that only 1% of Jeep owners EVER uses, and that 1% only uses 1% of the time, yet we all collectively freak the F out if they even hint at discontinuing it? Iā€™ve got my torch and pitchfork ready, plotting directions to Toledo on the GPS!

[and yes, I am feeling particularly snarky today]

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I canā€™t imagine why they would switch from KO2ā€™s to MTā€™s. Goodbye smooth ride and good mileage. Hopefully itā€™s an option and not required.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Good call on their part. Think it will interfere with lowering the windshield? Not that I care. I will probably never lower it to begin with. Just curious. Glad they didnā€™t mess with the grill which might have made winches, lights, and grill guards a hassle.
You wouldnā€™t be driving at speeds necessary for ACC with windshield down anyway!

caitlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well crap! Lol. One of the main reasons I was waiting is for Blindspot. Hummm, now only if the 2018 had the ACC. Dang it. Hubby feels Iā€™d get used to not having ACC since we are moving from the beach area to more of the woods, so not as much driving on highways. Sigh and ugh.

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
No etorque for the 3.6? Laaaaaame
They didn't put it because they haven't figured out how to do etorque right. Haven't you heard about the crispy fried 2L Turbos?

K. I. S. S. and I'll add a supercharger if I need more power and torque without turning the Jeep in to a Prius.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
They didn't put it because they haven't figured out how to do etorque right. Haven't you heard about the crispy fried 2L Turbos?

K. I. S. S. and I'll add a supercharger if I need more power and torque without turning the Jeep in to a Prius.
Im totally on board for a supercharger.

OP
OP
TXRubicon

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
No, the two cameras used for it will be on the rearview. European cars and others have been doing this for the last few years. Technology has come a long way with this. Pitchforks away :)

Uh oh, does that mean they may do away with fold-down windshields? You know, the one feature that only 1% of Jeep owners EVER uses, and that 1% only uses 1% of the time, yet we all collectively freak the F out if they even hint at discontinuing it? Iā€™ve got my torch and pitchfork ready, plotting directions to Toledo on the GPS!

[and yes, I am feeling particularly snarky today]

Rckkrwlr

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Yet again. Teased with the thought of a diesel for 2019 with no follow through. Ugh!

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Well...I'm glad I ordered mine back in April and received it in May...not one single regret or problem to date. If I had waited for the 2019 model JL, I'd be pretty disappointed and most likely would have had to pay a considerable upcharge from the 2018 JL. :)

Sponsored

whelan007

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara Unlimited
Does adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning mean it does not include automatic emergency braking.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I canā€™t imagine why they would switch from KO2ā€™s to MTā€™s. Goodbye smooth ride and good mileage. Hopefully itā€™s an option and not required.
This is clearly a typo, unless my understanding of the Goodrich tire lineup is completely flawed. The KM is a mud terrain, but the press release explicitly says all terrain. The question is which part is the typo. Fingers crossed somebody pressed "M" instead of "O."

oneslowjeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Did I miss the most important thing?
What will be the price hike in Canada if/when Trump's crazy tariffs kick in?

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Yet again. Teased with the thought of a diesel for 2019 with no follow through. Ugh!
I would still expect the deisel to be released sometime this winter. And there are multiple reports that the pickup will be coming in April ā€˜19. So Iā€™m not surprised by the underwhelming updates mentioned in this thread. Those will be the 2 major additions for 2019.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
This is clearly a typo, unless my understanding of the Goodrich tire lineup is completely flawed. The KM is a mud terrain, but the press release explicitly says all terrain. The question is which part is the typo. Fingers crossed somebody pressed "M" instead of "O."
I noticed that after reading it again. That gives me some hope.
Sponsored