Official 2019 Wrangler Info Inside

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
yeah, i'm not interested in those other engines. my friend's concern seems to primarily be around buying the first year of a new Jeep (Chrysler) vehicle.
Well first of all, FCA has sold 200,000 JL's so far. So it's not like you'd be going out on a limb here. And I'm not sure what he thinks will be different about a 2019 manufactured in November versus a 2018 manufactured in August? :facepalm:

The Pentstar V6 engine you're considering has been used on Wranglers since 2013, as well as a boatload of other FCA products (Ram trucks, Dodge cars, etc). They've sold approx 6 million of those engines, so it's pretty time-tested by this point. The auto transmission is new for 2018 (and vastly improved), but I'm fairly sure the manual you're considering is also a carry-over from previous years, so again the kinks have been worked out. So while I don't think buying a first-year car is a problem, many of the mechanical issues on this vehicle actually aren't new if that's a concern for you.

Ultimately just remember - it's your money, not your friend's. So do what you're comfortable with. If you're not comfortable buying a first-year JL, you could always save a few bucks by buying a used JK. Or you could just opt for one of the other body-on-frame, solid-axle, convertible SUVs that can ford 30 inches of water with the doors removed. Because you know, there's plenty of competitor vehicles out there.:cwl:

This forum is full of people who love Jeeps and will tell you how awesome the vehicle is. But it's your money, buy what you want. :like:
Sponsored

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
From what I've read on the forum and seen on YouTube there were some issues with initial builds.
If buying of the lot, I would get one built later in the year.