Sponsored

Official 2019 Wrangler Info Inside

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
The official 2019 Wrangler info has been released today. Only two changes - advanced safety group gets adaptive cruise / forward collision warning and bikini will be an available color. Mojito is gone. No Powertrain or other changes.

September 1, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
The iconic Jeep® Wrangler – the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world – delivers unmatched off-road capability and is produced with more than seven decades of 4x4 engineering experience. Powertrain options include a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and an all-new 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine. Wrangler continues to offer a body-on-frame design, front and rear five-link suspension system, solid axles, electronic lockers and is one of the few midsize SUVs that offer a six-speed manual transmission in addition to its available eight-speed automatic.

New for 2019:
  • Wrangler’s Advanced Safety Group package now includes adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning
  • Bikini exterior paint color joins the Wrangler lineup

Highlights:
  • Jeep Wrangler’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and is engineered to provide a broad torque band
  • Available 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with eTorque technology delivers 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque
  • Available on Sahara and Rubicon four-door models, Sky One-Touch powertop allows occupants to open or close the Wrangler’s roof with a push of a button. The Sky One-Touch powertop can be used at speeds up to 60 miles per hour (mph)
  • Best-in-class approach angle of 44 degrees, breakover angle of 27.8 degrees, departure angle of 37 degrees and a ground clearance of 10.9 inches help the Jeep Wrangler scale the toughest terrain
  • Wrangler models feature lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders and windshield frame, as well as a magnesium swing gate, to help reduce weight and boost fuel economy
  • The capable driveline of the Sport and Sahara models include the Command-Trac NV241 part-time, two-speed transfer case that features a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio and next-generation Dana front and rear axles. In addition, an optional Trac-Lok limited-slip rear differential provides extra torque and grip in low-traction environments, such as sand, mud or snow
  • The Wrangler Rubicon model features next-generation Dana front and rear heavy-duty axles, enhanced off-road rock rails and the Rock-Trac NV241 two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio. Wrangler Rubicon also includes electric front and rear locking differentials, disconnecting front sway bar and 33-inch BF Goodrich KM All-Terrain tires, taking the Wrangler to the highest level of capability
  • Wrangler Sahara models offer a Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case with full-time four-wheel drive and a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. This full-time two-speed transfer case is intuitive and allows the driver to set it and forget it, while constantly sending power to the front and rear wheels
  • Jeep Wrangler’s signature features include iconic round headlamps, seven-slot keystone grille, trapezoid wheel flares, removable doors, exposed hinges with the Torx tool-bit size stamped into it, a fold-down windshield and innovative removable tops that allow the Wrangler to retain the brand’s iconic appearance and function
  • Fourth-generation Uconnect system includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the choice of a 7.0- or 8.4-inch touchscreen with pinch-and-zoom capability. A 5.0-inch screen is standard on Sport
  • Standard electronic stability control (ESC), electronic roll mitigation, trailer-sway control, Hill-start Assist and brake traction control are among more than 75 available safety and security features

Model Lineup
For 2019, the Wrangler lineup consists of four models:
  • Sport
  • Sport S
  • Sahara (4-door only)
  • Rubicon

Available Exterior Colors:
  • Bright White
  • Hella Yella
  • Granite Crystal
  • Billet Silver
  • Black
  • Firecracker Red
  • Punk’n Metallic
  • Sting Gray
  • Ocean Blue Metallic
  • Bikini

Available Interior Colors:
  • Black
  • Heritage Tan
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
No etorque for the 3.6? Laaaaaame

Now we just need pricing and an options list

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The official 2019 Wrangler info has been released today. Only two changes - advanced safety group gets adaptive cruise and bikini will be an available color. Mojito is gone. No Powertrain or other changes.

September 1, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
The iconic Jeep® Wrangler – the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world – delivers unmatched off-road capability and is produced with more than seven decades of 4x4 engineering experience. Powertrain options include a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and an all-new 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine. Wrangler continues to offer a body-on-frame design, front and rear five-link suspension system, solid axles, electronic lockers and is one of the few midsize SUVs that offer a six-speed manual transmission in addition to its available eight-speed automatic.

New for 2019:
  • Wrangler’s Advanced Safety Group package now includes adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning
  • Bikini exterior paint color joins the Wrangler lineup

Highlights:
  • Jeep Wrangler’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and is engineered to provide a broad torque band
  • Available 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with eTorque technology delivers 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque
  • Available on Sahara and Rubicon four-door models, Sky One-Touch powertop allows occupants to open or close the Wrangler’s roof with a push of a button. The Sky One-Touch powertop can be used at speeds up to 60 miles per hour (mph)
  • Best-in-class approach angle of 44 degrees, breakover angle of 27.8 degrees, departure angle of 37 degrees and a ground clearance of 10.9 inches help the Jeep Wrangler scale the toughest terrain
  • Wrangler models feature lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders and windshield frame, as well as a magnesium swing gate, to help reduce weight and boost fuel economy
  • The capable driveline of the Sport and Sahara models include the Command-Trac NV241 part-time, two-speed transfer case that features a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio and next-generation Dana front and rear axles. In addition, an optional Trac-Lok limited-slip rear differential provides extra torque and grip in low-traction environments, such as sand, mud or snow
  • The Wrangler Rubicon model features next-generation Dana front and rear heavy-duty axles, enhanced off-road rock rails and the Rock-Trac NV241 two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio. Wrangler Rubicon also includes electric front and rear locking differentials, disconnecting front sway bar and 33-inch BF Goodrich KM All-Terrain tires, taking the Wrangler to the highest level of capability
  • Wrangler Sahara models offer a Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case with full-time four-wheel drive and a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. This full-time two-speed transfer case is intuitive and allows the driver to set it and forget it, while constantly sending power to the front and rear wheels
  • Jeep Wrangler’s signature features include iconic round headlamps, seven-slot keystone grille, trapezoid wheel flares, removable doors, exposed hinges with the Torx tool-bit size stamped into it, a fold-down windshield and innovative removable tops that allow the Wrangler to retain the brand’s iconic appearance and function
  • Fourth-generation Uconnect system includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the choice of a 7.0- or 8.4-inch touchscreen with pinch-and-zoom capability. A 5.0-inch screen is standard on Sport
  • Standard electronic stability control (ESC), electronic roll mitigation, trailer-sway control, Hill-start Assist and brake traction control are among more than 75 available safety and security features

Model Lineup
For 2019, the Wrangler lineup consists of four models:
  • Sport
  • Sport S
  • Sahara (4-door only)
  • Rubicon

Available Exterior Colors:
  • Bright White
  • Hella Yella
  • Granite Crystal
  • Billet Silver
  • Black
  • Firecracker Red
  • Punk’n Metallic
  • Sting Gray
  • Ocean Blue Metallic
  • Bikini

Available Interior Colors:
  • Black
  • Heritage Tan
Forward Collision Warning System??? With all the electrical problems Jeep is having I wouldn’t trust this system to work in a real world situation. SMH....Not Smart Jeep.

OP
OP
TXRubicon

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have ACC/FCW on our Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and it works great. Both can be disabled and cruise can be used like a traditional cruise system if desired.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Wow. My only struggle with buying a 2018 was not getting BSG. I would be pretty disappointed if i had waited.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
No mention of a diesel option? :movember:

OP
OP
TXRubicon

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not surprising at all though that there are no major changes, and the BSG rumors were always unsubstantiated. They stagger big changes in content and powertrain throughout the lifecycle of a vehicle to keep them fresh. We're not even 12 months into the on-sale cycle of the JL, so the interest is still strong in the stuff that's currently available. I wouldn't expect anything major to change/be added until 2020 at the very earliest.

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Wow. My only struggle with buying a 2018 was not getting BSG. I would be pretty disappointed if i had waited.
I am just opposite, I purchased a 2018 not wanting BSG. I was initially wanting to wait until the 2019s were available to order and purchase, but thought it was a sure thing 2019s would have BSG.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Forward Collision Warning System??? With all the electrical problems Jeep is having I wouldn’t trust this system to work in a real world situation. SMH....Not Smart Jeep.
it doesn't say active braking only forward collision warning? so it just beeps?

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I am glad they did not change the 3.6l engine. Did not want to buy a 1 year only engine making it harder to find replacement part or upgrades.
That wouldn’t matter. They’ve sold literally millions of these pentastars. The ESS version has been around for a few years in multiple vehicles. Parts won’t be an issue.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I am just opposite, I purchased a 2018 not wanting BSG. I was initially wanting to wait until the 2019s were available to order and purchase.
I was originally going to wait for 2019 but really wanted Mojito color.
I didn't care about adaptive cruise control because I never use cruise control anyway. The forward collision is nice to have, but not necessary. The rear and cross path is more important and I will have that.
Sponsored