Sponsored

Official 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Order Guide (4-Door JLU - U.S.). Order bank is open!

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
No sense eating 9-10 months of depreciation off the lot!
Doesn't really matter much if you keep it longer term.
Sponsored

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
So since this package forces the selec-trac does that include the upgrade to an automatic or do you have to add the automatic first and then add the Moab package meaning the price is really $12,905 off base of a Sahara?

The 2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab Edition (package code 24M) is detailed in the latest order guide (posted above).

It is available for the 4-door Sahara only and the package adds $10,905 MSRP ($9,705 invoice).

PACKAGE CONTENTS:
  • 17X7.5 MOAB BLACK ALUMINUM WHEELS (WJP)
  • 2.72:1 SELEC-TRAC FULL TIME 4WD SYS (DHP)
  • ALPINE PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM (RC4)
  • ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
  • BLACK BADGES (MGF)
  • BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION (XAN)
  • BODY COLOR 3-PIECE HARD TOP (HT3)
  • BODY COLOR GRILLE W/ BLACK ACCENTS (MFX)
  • ELECTRONIC INFOTAINMENT SYS GROUP (AEK)
  • HOOD W/AIR VENTS (MEW)
  • LED LIGHTING GROUP (AD6)
  • LT255/75R17C TIRES (TTK)
  • MCKINLEY LEATHER SEATS W/ JEEP LOGO (*FL)
  • MOAB EDITION (AMB)
  • MOAB HOOD BADGING (M1A)
  • MOPAR ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS (CWA)
  • MOPAR HARDTOP HEADLINER (CHD)
  • MOPAR HEAVY DUTY ROCK RAILS (MMU)
  • PARKSENSE REAR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM (XAA)
  • PREMIUM WRAPPED I/P BEZELS (JEK)
  • REAR VIEW AUTO DIM MIRROR (GNK)
  • REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER (GFA)
  • REAR WINDOW WIPER/WASHER (JHB)
  • REMOTE PROXIMITY KEYLESS ENTRY (GXD)
  • SAFETY GROUP (AJ1)
  • SIRIUSXM GUARDIAN, 1-YR TRIAL (RSK)
  • SIRIUSXM TRAFFIC PLUS (RTB)
  • SIRIUSXM TRAVEL LINK (RSM)
  • STEEL FRONT BUMPER (MC6)

OPTIONAL:
  • 21.5 GALLON FUEL TANK (NF5)
  • COLD WEATHER GROUP (ADE)
  • DUAL TOP GROUP (AEN)
  • ENGINE BLOCK HEATER (NHK)
  • JEEP TRAIL RATED KIT (XWX)
  • REMOTE START SYSTEM (XBM)
  • SKY ONE-TOUCH POWER TOP (STJ)
  • SMOKER'S GROUP (AWS)
  • SOFT TOP WINDOW STORAGE BAG (CWJ)
  • TRAILER TOW AND HD ELECTRICAL GROUP (ADH)
  • TRAIL RAIL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CMD)
  • MOPAR 1941 HOOD GRAPHIC (M9E)
  • MOPAR AMERICAN FLAG HOOD GRAPHIC (M9D)
  • MOPAR BLACK TUBE STEPS (MRU)
  • MOPAR CARGO TUB LINER (CK5)
  • MOPAR CHROME TUBUE STEPS (MRT)
  • MOPAR HINGE-GATE REINFORCEMENT (XDB)
  • MOPAR LOWER BODY SIDE GRAPHIC (M9G)
  • MOPAR PLASTIC DOOR SILL GUARDS (CLP)
  • MOPAR UPPER BODY SIDE GRAPHIC (M9F)

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
Doesn't really matter much if you keep it longer term.
From what I’ve seen it’s about $2500-3000/year on depreciation. To me that’s significant and about 8% of the purchase price. Especially if the only determining factor between buying and not buying is simply waiting another 3-4 months.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
My dealer said 2018 orders were closed? Is that just for custom factory orders?
Yes you can only buy what’s on lots

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
So custmer can't order one? This is only for dealership to order from? 2019 model must be months away.
No one could order a 2018 , I believe 9/13 is 2019 order date

CE761E2B-46E2-4E2D-9932-6BAAF4AEDEF9.png

837DE372-AB84-45F1-95C3-ABB9E8C8322D.png

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
So customer can't order one? This is only for dealership to order from? 2019 model must be months away.
Now I been searching around and I’m getting conflicting information on this , originally I thought u couldn’t order a 2018 after 7/18 but jeep came out with a special edition in August so I may be wrong, try calling a bunch of dealers to find out exactly what the case is , but if I were you I’d order a 2019 at this point I believe that you can do that on 9/13 next Thursday

Sponsored

jaynejs

First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara on order
So I have a question about invoice pricing. My order was submitted on June 11 and is finally on her way to getting delivered. My Saraha order was cloned. Will my invoice pricing still be from the date of order or are they going to try and put the increases in since the original June order date?

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
I was curious and looked at KBB for used values and you don't really gain anything buying the 2019 versus the 2018 as far as used values. I spec'd the same Sport S as a 14' and 15' with the same mileage and the private sale values were the same. did the same thing for a 16' and it actually shows a lower private party sale than the 15' and 14' (shrug).

If I can save more buying an 18' off the lot versus ordering a 19', I'm in for an 18'. Depreciation doesn't seem to matter .

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
I was curious and looked at KBB for used values and you don't really gain anything buying the 2019 versus the 2018 as far as used values. I spec'd the same Sport S as a 14' and 15' with the same mileage and the private sale values were the same. did the same thing for a 16' and it actually shows a lower private party sale than the 15' and 14' (shrug).

If I can save more buying an 18' off the lot versus ordering a 19', I'm in for an 18'. Depreciation doesn't seem to matter .
That's bc no one has sold 2019's, so there's no data available...plus, hopefully they've addressed the TSB's on the newer models, so less likely to have a recall (at least for prior known issues). There's also the additional safety package only avail on the 19's if you wanted that option. As for depreciation, many argue it doesn't matter longer term, however, there's at least a $2-3K difference if you bought a 2018 and sold it the following year vs buying the 2019 model. Its true Wranglers don't depreciate as much as other vehicles, but that's still a substantial difference FWIW.

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
That's bc no one has sold 2019's, so there's no data available...plus, hopefully they've addressed the TSB's on the newer models, so less likely to have a recall (at least for prior known issues). There's also the additional safety package only avail on the 19's if you wanted that option. As for depreciation, many argue it doesn't matter longer term, however, there's at least a $2-3K difference if you bought a 2018 and sold it the following year vs buying the 2019 model. Its true Wranglers don't depreciate as much as other vehicles, but that's still a substantial difference FWIW.
Not according to KBB. Their values show an 18' JK is worth less than a 17' with the same mileage.

For fun I ran the data for the same Sport S with the same mileage as a 13, 14, 15 and 16. The biggest gap was between the 13' and 16' as you'd expect, but the difference was only $1400.

So the reality according to the experts is depreciation between an 18' and 19' is a non issue.

entreposagerigide

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2017
Yes for your information, you can get affordable price on Montreal Jeep Wrangler roof storage service at Entreposage Rigide.
Sponsored

Last edited: