Sponsored

Official 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Order Guide (4-Door JLU - U.S.). Order bank is open!

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
yes they got me all excited for nothing....
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
upload_2017-10-31_9-13-47.png

well that's exciting to see, the prices is comparable to the 2017's and so many options right out the gate!
I am hoping the pricing and options will be similar on the JT scrambler... fingers X'ed!
I have a feeling the JT will be $20k higher than the JLU. God I hope not, but I just have this feeling that they will come very "optioned" as standard, thus starting in the high 40's/low 50's. I'm just not expecting them to have a lot of variations of the JT... sort of view it as a one step up from the highest optioned/packaged JLU you can get. At least, that's how I see them positioning it. Would not be surprised whatsoever if JT's end up fully optioned in the high 60's.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling the JT will be $20k higher than the JLU. God I hope not, but I just have this feeling that they will come very "optioned" as standard, thus starting in the high 40's/low 50's. I'm just not expecting them to have a lot of variations of the JT... sort of view it as a one step up from the highest optioned/packaged JLU you can get. At least, that's how I see them positioning it. Would not be surprised whatsoever if JT's end up fully optioned in the high 60's.
If its in the 60s Im buying a Raptor. I doubt it will be that high as they they are in full size price ranges. My guess is high 40s on average for the Premium trim and low to mid 30s for the base trim.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If its in the 60s Im buying a Raptor. I doubt it will be that high as they they are in full size price ranges. My guess is high 40s on average for the Premium trim and low to mid 30s for the base trim.
I’m hopeful !

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

2018-JL-Wrangler.jpg

But we're working on getting it to you sooner... stay tuned.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
2018-JL-Wrangler.jpg

But we're working on getting it to you sooner... stay tuned.
Great! I'm just waiting to hear about the axle ratio that will come with a Rubi and manual transmission!

ColoradoJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Liberty CRD
Someone said you'd be able to get a Rubicon with 33" wheels from factory. Anyone know what option that is?

I'm wondering if I can skip a lift (right away) and make due with stock Rubicon on 33" tires. I think it might have a good enough stance for me.

Then... I'm wondering, can you put 35" tires on Rubicon rims? I'm thinking of doing a plasti-dip on the Rubicon rims.
As long as there is enough clearance, you will be able to put 35" tires on them.

All of the stock tires from all of the manufacturers are crap. The auto companies get the tire companies to make them lower quality versions of what they sell retail to consumers, to save money. All of them, not just jeep. When my wife bought her Cherokee a few years ago, they offered "upgraded" tires on the trailhawk version. They were so bad that we had to replace them immediately. My wife couldn't even get it up our freshly plowed driveway. We put on some good tires, problem solved.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
If its in the 60's, they will be pricing themselves out of the target market IMO.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
$20k??? That would be crazy.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
As long as there is enough clearance, you will be able to put 35" tires on them.

All of the stock tires from all of the manufacturers are crap. The auto companies get the tire companies to make them lower quality versions of what they sell retail to consumers, to save money. All of them, not just jeep. When my wife bought her Cherokee a few years ago, they offered "upgraded" tires on the trailhawk version. They were so bad that we had to replace them immediately. My wife couldn't even get it up our freshly plowed driveway. We put on some good tires, problem solved.
I don't think that's always the case. I had KM's on my JK, and they were fantastic, on and off the road. I swapped them out with KM2's at about 58k miles, and they still had a good bit of tread left. A used tire shop gave me 200 bucks for the set.

Sponsored

luc

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I bought 14 jeep during the last 30 years. A very big fan of the brand. I'm waiting for the new jeep for 2 years. I am very disappointed so far. FCA has been working on the concept for several years. The jeep looks identical and the new engines are not available in the short term base on the order info. The only real change seems to be the multi-media screen offered in the Grand Cherokee for several years. At every piece of information flowing, the new Jeep seems more and more similar to the JK launched 11 years ago ... disappointed so far ... no innovation

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
the new Jeep seems more and more similar to the JK launched 11 years ago ... disappointed so far ... no innovation
What changes exactly were you hoping for?

Last edited:

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
I bought 14 jeep during the last 30 years. A very big fan of the brand. I'm waiting for the new jeep for 2 years. I am very disappointed so far. FCA has been working on the concept for several years. The jeep looks identical and the new engines are not available in the short term base on the order info. The only real change seems to be the multi-media screen offered in the Grand Cherokee for several years. At every piece of information flowing, the new Jeep seems more and more similar to the JK launched 11 years ago ... disappointed so far ... no innovation
Are you reading the same forums we are? Maybe you need your eyesight checked :facepalm:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wat
Sponsored