Sponsored

Official 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Order Guide (4-Door JLU - U.S.). Order bank is open!

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
What about Select-trac? I heard thats Sahara only. But is it all Sahara's?

I want the msnual tranny with select-trac
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
So will the Rubicon come with high line flares? Are they a Mopar aftermarket item? Will the Rubi RockTrac transfer case have full time and part time 4H?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
So will the Rubicon come with high line flares? Are they a Mopar aftermarket item? Will the Rubi RockTrac transfer case have full time and part time 4H?
RockTrac has no FT option, just PT. Same with CommandTrac, just with lower ratio and not rated as HD unit.

Only SelecTrac offers FT 4WD.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
Well if I use the JK pricing on the website, which is most certainly too low :cwl: I'm looking at $45,815 for an unlimited body-color Rubicon with all the options I want. I'd guess price will be about 5% higher than that for the JL, so close to $50k all in.

By the time I ever place an order hopefully I'll be able to negotiate back down to low $40s. :fingerscrossed: We'll see. Not cheap!

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Is it possible to order one but lease it vs buying? Someone mentioned that leasing the first year would allow them to get all the bugs worked out then actually buy a 2019 version.

Sponsored

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
So I just called 2 dealerships here in Houston and one told me I wont be able to order until the end of the year. The other told me they wont be coming in until the 2nd half of next year because it takes 5-6 months to come in. Does that sound off? because I thought i read somewhere there was a delivery date of around mid jan.
Sounds like the sales person is trying to steer you toward dealer stock rather than individual order.

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
Was Select Trac an option, I do not see it on the order sheets.

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
What's the deal with Android Auto... What trim level do I need to start with to get it? Hopefully I don't need the Alpine option to get it. I could do better spending $1k aftermarket.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
there are always people that have plenty of $$$$ so price matters not, for the rest of us average joes its a struggle to spend a ton of $$$ on a "toy" as there are other rides that are similar for less $$$$, many times we must get what we can afford + actually need. a FWD with 4 snow aka real winter tyres will get you almost anywhere + put those 4 snow tyres on a manual shifted Subaru that has a 50-50 split unlike the front biased slushboxes + your good to go. yes i would like a convertible top 2 dr pickup with a manual tranny that can haul half a ton but i am not going to rob a bank to be able to buy one!!

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
You ordered a new Jeep without knowing the price? Wow...thats ballsy.
When I put money down on a 2010 Camaro I had a period of time to make changes to the order. By then pricing was known.

I did have to switch dealerships though after getting screwed. We had agreed on MSRP but they backed out. So get it in writing.

Sponsored

UN4GTBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
What's the deal with Android Auto... What trim level do I need to start with to get it? Hopefully I don't need the Alpine option to get it. I could do better spending $1k aftermarket.
Looking at other FAC products, as long as you have the new 7 or 8.4" radios, you *should* get it.

But, I'd obviously confirm that.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Not much information to make a decision. Unknown what size touchscreen is available, where is the black premium top (sun rider?) What kind of tires? What size wheels? Is the Safety Group AJ1 the same as the Aj1 on the Grand Cherokee:
  • Adaptive Cruise Control W/stop (NH#)
  • Advanced Brake Assist (BGG)
  • Full Speed Fwd Collision Warn Plus (LSU)
  • Lane Departure Warning Plus (LAS)
  • Parallel & Perp Park Assist W/stop (XH5)
  • Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers (JHC)
Not to mention no clue about pricing. But I am still Jeepless after mine was totaled recently so I will head to the dealer tomorrow hoping for enough info to order a Rubicon, and likely order a $45,000 item sight unseen (crazy, huh?). If it is not what I want then I will refuse it when it arrives.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
No body color top or LED lighting package for the Sport. Meaning 2 door buyers need to get a Rubicon just to get a body color top or LEDs.. ridiculous.
Looks like I'm ordering a Rubi!

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
When I put money down on a 2010 Camaro I had a period of time to make changes to the order. By then pricing was known.

I did have to switch dealerships though after getting screwed. We had agreed on MSRP but they backed out. So get it in writing.
You can always change the order until it gets a Vin

NextStep9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler JKU Sahara
Order banks are now open.

2018 JL Unlimited initial exterior colors:

BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
BLACK CLEAR COAT
BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT
FIRECRACKER RED CLEAR COAT
GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR COAT
10-24-17 Order banks are now open? Apparently not? I went to the local Jeep dealer today to ask for information about ordering a 2018 JlU and the three salesmen, speaking in a foreign language to each other, stopped talking and shook their heads. They responded in English and said they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. In addition, they had no idea if it was possible to order a 2018 JK Wrangler. Subsequently, they resumed their conversation in a foreign language. Incredible.
Sponsored