Sponsored

Official 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Order Guide (4-Door JLU - U.S.). Order bank is open!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
So I just called 2 dealerships here in Houston and one told me I wont be able to order until the end of the year. The other told me they wont be coming in until the 2nd half of next year because it takes 5-6 months to come in. Does that sound off? because I thought i read somewhere there was a delivery date of around mid jan.
Get a new dealer(s)!

5-6 weeks is typical, 5-6 months is ignorance of epic proportions.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Still unknown. They say they will honor my tread lightly and beat whatever my credit union gives me for financing. That was good enough for me.
You ordered a new Jeep without knowing the price? Wow...thats ballsy.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I just ordered and paid my $1000 and they are gonna honor the tread lightly discount or the 1 percent below dealer invoice. I got it in writing from the dealer. I ordered a JLU sport in granite with the freedom top, automatic, 8.4in uconnect, remote start, cold weather package, power convenience group.
Was A/C standard?

JL's JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2018 JL
I just ordered and paid my $1000 and they are gonna honor the tread lightly discount or the 1 percent below dealer invoice. I got it in writing from the dealer. I ordered a JLU sport in granite with the freedom top, automatic, 8.4in uconnect, remote start, cold weather package, power convenience group.
Great to hear Tread Lightly Discount will apply to the JL! And congratz.

Sponsored

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Thank God the 2 doors are not available for order yet...or I'd be at a dealership ordering one blind right now!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Izzy #1 in the Hizzouse!!! Whoop whoop!

:champagne:

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
You ordered a new Jeep without knowing the price? Wow...thats ballsy.
Same boat - sending emails to dealers as we speak. If I can get 1% under invoice, I'm good. We have a good idea of the ball-park price. If I know I'm going to buy regardless, might as well go for it.

Sponsored

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
I was dead set on ordering the moment the banks opened. After seeing the initial color offerings (officially), I think I'm going to wait. Going to try and hold out until the official reveal next month. Also curious to know what sort of backlog of orders there will be, if any. For example - if I wait to order next month vs right now, my concern is that the delivery date will keep slipping further.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Same boat - sending emails to dealers as we speak. If I can get 1% under invoice, I'm good. We have a good idea of the ball-park price. If I know I'm going to buy regardless, might as well go for it.
That's what I said. I'm buying it anyway and with them accepting tread lightly and them saying they will beat whatever my credit union gives me, I was satisfied enough.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
I've got all the options picked out, except for a few, which I have questions about:

1) 17x7.5 wheel option. Is this required to get the 32-33" inch tires" on the rubicon? Don't care about looks, just want the larger oem tire.
EDIT: Looks like I'm good!
  • LT285/70/R17 tires standard on Rubicon trim.

2) Curious about the HD Electrical option

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase