Sponsored

Official 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Order Guide (4-Door JLU - U.S.). Order bank is open!

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Who is going to order a JL with no price posted or official reveal? Just give them a blank check and hope for the best...
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
No black premium soft top?

What is the deal with the LED lighting group? On the JK it is standard on Rubicon and Sahara and optional on Sport. Looks like not available on Sport and option on Rubicon and Sahara. Don't see how that could be right.

Of course would also like to know the contents of each pakage and pricing. Would have to take a field trip to a dealer to get the full picture. But I would be reticent to order based on that guide. Looks like a work in process.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Well the Winter edition typical is announced and displayed at the end of the year (usually late Nov or early December) and then realeased around mid-later February, althouh this year is obviously different...
So yeah.., until then you would need other plans especially given this year is supposed to have good snow both out here and out east.

However something to rememeber, is that given the 90day hold anyways, even if you ordered today, then you are looking at an early next year (mid-Jan) delivery date anyways, although even that may be bunk considering the prior mention of closed JK banks from around the same time.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who is going to order a JL with no price posted or official reveal? Just give them a blank check and hope for the best...
If my Rubi Doozer hadn’t been KIA’ed then I likely would’ve done so as it would’ve come shortly after the end of an extended 5yr wrranty period, and the risk of a first MY would’ve been less than peace of mind of Warranty. It also would’ve been easier to do so if Baja/Nacho were in the first batch, as my concern was they would be intro colours and dissapear.

You aren’t locked in for an order, a deposit secures pricing (which is currrently unknown)and financing if that is an issue , but not required, and you can walk away if your order ended up being a surprising negative.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. It's been known for a while that the 2 door will be delayed.
I wouldn’t say delayed so much as phase 2 of production roll out, and not surprising considering volumes.

Delay implies they intended both at the same time and then that changed, seems to have been the strategy for some time.

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Yes. It's been known for a while that the 2 door will be delayed.
Yes, I knew the 2 doors are scheduled to be built after the 4 doors, just didn't know you still couldn't order them....well this way I will have a lot of answers by the time I am ordering a 2 door.

haitran724

First Name
Hai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LS460
So I just called 2 dealerships here in Houston and one told me I wont be able to order until the end of the year. The other told me they wont be coming in until the 2nd half of next year because it takes 5-6 months to come in. Does that sound off? because I thought i read somewhere there was a delivery date of around mid jan.

Sponsored

UN4GTBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
So I just called 2 dealerships here in Houston and one told me I wont be able to order until the end of the year. The other told me they wont be coming in until the 2nd half of next year because it takes 5-6 months to come in. Does that sound off? because I thought i read somewhere there was a delivery date of around mid jan.
I think you need to find other dealers/salespeople

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
They are wrong.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I just ordered and paid my $1000 and they are gonna honor the tread lightly discount or the 1 percent below dealer invoice. I got it in writing from the dealer. I ordered a JLU sport in granite with the freedom top, automatic, 8.4in uconnect, remote start, cold weather package, power convenience group.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered and paid my $1000 and they are gonna honor the tread lightly discount or the 1 percent below dealer invoice. I got it in writing from the dealer. I ordered a JLU sport in granite with the freedom top, automatic, 8.4in uconnect, remote start, cold weather package, power convenience group.
Price?
Sponsored