Sponsored

Official: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Specs, Info, Wallpapers...

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
He said underbody protection in the section before the underbody shot.

There were a few plates there, but also some reinforced bars (much of which had scratches). Some protection is built into the part as well like the reinforced pans, etc.
Does the Rubicon come with every skid plate in the Mopar catalog, or are there extra plates to get there that don't come stock?
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Does the Rubicon come with every skid plate in the Mopar catalog, or are there extra plates to get there that don't come stock?
I don’t know anymore. But I think Mopar has more (like the swaybar plate), or at least other 3rd party aftermarket options.

I know that in 2012 that was the last year before they added some to all, with an added single plate for the Rubi (oil sump IIRC), yet you could still add more, especially 3rd party that was stronger and broader.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I don’t know anymore. But I think Mopar has more (like the swaybar plate), or at least other 3rd party aftermarket options.

I know that in 2012 that was the last year before they added some to all, with an added single plate for the Rubi (oil sump IIRC), yet you could still add more, especially 3rd party that was stronger and broader.
That plastic oil pan for the ZF8 looks pretty exposed in that video. (At least that's what I think it is.)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
That plastic oil pan for the ZF8 looks pretty exposed in that video. (At least that's what I think it is.)
Yeah, not sure if it's plastic or reinforced painted steel.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
He said underbody protection in the section before the underbody shot.

There were a few plates there, but also some reinforced bars (much of which had scratches). Some protection is built into the part as well like the reinforced pans, etc.
There's a crossmember underneath there that looks like it will catch on a lot of things and get damaged.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Seemed like a couple of cross members that were ripe to catch on stuff. Didn’t look like a good off-road setup. Not sure why there would be those running across the vehicle without having good ramps/lead-ins on the front edges.

Pete

TATER1971

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willy's Wheeler JK in Rhino
Very disappointed to see the diesel is only available on the 4 door.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do we know any more details on this new manual transmission (D478)? Are there any current real world uses yet? (other than the JL of course) The only bit I was able to find out is that it is still an Aisin made transmission but even they do not have any information on their website.

Sponsored