Sponsored

Official: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Specs, Info, Wallpapers...

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Will it work or not?
Yes, but it may require the system automatically disabling ESS, or you manually doing so. But it would still operate without the 48V battery for the BSG as it still retains the 12V for primary functions.
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Any info in regards to rear seats back if they recline or not? as in JK they are too upright?

@ 30:47 He explains the reason why they moved the rear wheels back is to give the back seats more recline

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
So the Rubicon will have permanent 2 and 4 wheel drive while the Sahara will have an additional auto 4 wheel drive system?
The Selec-Trac TC with 4H Auto is OPTIONAL only on the Sahara. It comes standard with the same traditional TC as the Sport.

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 1997 Lexus LX450
No it doesn’t make sense. Looking at it after the initial shock, it seems more like the Selections are really.

2H

4AutoHi with electronically controlled clutch packs set at 50/50

4Auto set to 42/58 (or whatever the default FT ratio will be)

N

4AutoLo with clutch packs set at 50/50 and gear set engaged for 2.72:1 torque multiplier.
There's no rear clutch. The rear is always fully locked or engaged (except for N).

The front is locked in 4H (or 4 part time). In 4A the computer controls the clutch for the front driveshaft.

laserdude

First Name
Haden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Guy in the video also stated that there are no decorations on the car and everything is functional when referring to the yellow rubicon. So the vents in the hood must be functional

Sponsored

jeepney123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Train Set
It looks like Approach and Departure angles have improved, while Breakover angles have decreased.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
This is my first Wrangler so I ordered the Sport so I can sit for hours and hours and figure out which bumper I want or rims or winches. I feel like buying the truck with everything already did takes away from alot of the fun.
You can buy a Rubicon and still mod it to death. Just ask me and many others. :) Modding Jeeps is half the fun, if not more.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
You can buy a Rubicon and still mod it to death. Just ask me and many others. :) Modding Jeeps is half the fun, if not more.
Yeah but I don't off-road, rock climb, or anything like that. I'm buying a Wrangler for the open air experience. A Rubicon would be beyond overkill lol and hurt my pockets a little more than I would like.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Other than the obvious (more complicated, more things that could break, more expensive to repair, etc), any reason not to go for the Turbo I-4 over the V6?
Yes. Manual transmission, which also will make up for less torque with lower gearing.

Sponsored

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
Did anyone else catch Mike Manley say that the diesel should be rated for OVER 30 MPG?....

I'm likely not a potential diesel buyer but WOW!

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Some miscellaneous tidbits:
  • Half doors are coming for 2019 model year (first for the Rubicon and then for the other trims).
  • Ecodiesel is coming for 2019 model year.
  • Sky One-Touch Power Top features a canopy that scrolls back.
  • Aluminum used on doors, door hinges, front fenders.
  • Rear tail gate is constructed from magnesium.
Aren't the front fenders plastic?

What advantage is there to having magnesium for the tailgate?

Looks like we got bigger brakes. Are these the same as the current JK big brake kit? Will there still be different brakes for the European market models?

So why does Jeep call it "4H Part Time"? Seems like it's really 4H Full Time when engaged.
"Part-time" means you can only have it turned on part of the time, as in when you're off-road. You shouldn't use part-time on dry pavement. "Full-time" means you can just leave it on that setting all of the time, off-road or on dry pavement, and you don't need to worry about anything breaking.

Yes, it can be confusing, because part-time mode actually has power to the 4 wheels all of the time, and full-time mode sometimes removes power to some wheels.

But that's the nomenclature that's been handed down to us from our forefathers. It is what it is.

The pic of the Sahara shows the 4H part time and 4H Full time. So did the owners manual. So i think thr Sahara had select trac 1.
This new system appears to be a Selec-trac 3, not quite the same as 1 or 2.

Gah, 3500lbs towing kills it for me, I'll have to wait for the truck. Amazing that my mom's Grand Cherokee with the same engine and transmission, 4" shorter wheelbase, weaker axles and weaker frame can tow 6500lbs (and tows without issue) and this can only tow 3500. Makes no sense. Only things I can think of limiting it are the removable top or inadequate cooling.
Will we ever have an answer to this towing question? It would also be nice to know the meaning of life. Where art thou Jeep engineers?

Why is Jeep calling it "Part Time"? That doesn't seem to make any sense.
It's not just Jeep, that's pretty much the standard way of calling it by all manufacturers. We're stuck with the naming convention now.

Direct injection, coupled with turbocharging, enables more efficient combustion and increased performance. The 2.0-liter I-4 engine's fuel pump supplies the engine's 2,900-psi high-pressure common-rail injection system. These high pressures produce better fuel atomization and allow for more precise fuel delivery than port fuel-injection systems, which in turn improves both performance and efficiency.

The 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4 engine is part of the Global Medium Engine architecture family and features Double Overhead Camshafts (DOHC), dual independent camshaft timing,
The Direct Injection is new. How do you guys feel about this?

Anyone know why the 2.0 doesn't have Multiair?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Is anyone else concerned that the upgraded Pentastar is being built in Mexico?
Sponsored