Sponsored

Official: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Specs, Info, Wallpapers...

Dan250378

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530d
Just fyi information what i was reading on the German papers today is that the JL Sahara is now called Sport S on the US Market

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
the interior remains waterproof—even the fancy new 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment screen. The interior went through multiple 24-hour rain tests with the roof and windshield down to be sure

the front doors are now 18 pounds lighter and the rear doors, if equipped, are 15 pounds lighter. Jeep has also molded a handle into the bottom of the armrests to grab when lifting the doors off

The windshield was made flatter so it doesn’t look like a bowl when folded down, but it was also raked back 7 degrees for better aerodynamics
What's your source for the interior water proofing/testing?

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Nice diesel bump! Sweetttttt!

Edit: fuck me, I see Jay just added diesel is only on 4 door models, that's extremely disappointing.
4 door only and no manual... I'm crying.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Surely that isn't the sub.... They can't have put it where my wet dog will drip into it. :headbang:
Oh, good catch! Its a in-floor mounted hot air blower, that can dry your wet dog (or any other wet equipment). :idea:

If so, I might take back a lot of the bad things I was thinking about Mark Allen. :involve:

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
It’s a weird setup for ST. It includes a 4PT mode, but the original ST-II didn’t have 4PT, just 2WD, 4auto and 4Lo (plus Neutral) in the liberty and Just 4Auto and 4Lo (plus N) in the Hemi Durango, so WTF !?!

Pic of Durango ‘shifter’;

C0C6B3D3-EB6B-42DA-B7CF-AB35BC018C5D.jpeg

So these pics of ST in the JLU Sahara don’t make sense;

EC935E0D-3052-4897-BF0F-74CC60D3D7A5.jpeg

D8B7EA27-A125-4140-A54A-EBCB03B36FAE.jpeg
This is confusing. If you read the owner's manual for the 5 position Transfer Case it shows:
2H
4H Auto
4H Part Time
Neutral
4L

Just like the pictures.

4H Part Time is described as "This range maximized torque to the front driveshaft, forcing the front and rear wheels to rotate at the same speed:.
4H Auto is describes as "The four wheel drive system will be automatically engaged when the vehicle senses a loss of traction.

So why does Jeep call it "4H Part Time"? Seems like it's really 4H Full Time when engaged. Part Time is really the Auto setting because the vehicle will switch to 4WD automatically when needed.

They should just name them:
2H
4H Auto
4H
Neutral
4L

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
Can someone now calculate the optimal gear ratio for running 37's now that we have these numbers?

TRANSMISSION: 850RE AUTOMATIC, EIGHT-SPEED OVERDRIVE
  • Availability: Standard — 2.0-liter I-4; Optional — 3.6-liter V-6
  • Description: Adaptive electronic control or Electronic Range Select (ERS) driver-interactive manual control and electronically modulated torque converter clutch
  • Gear Ratios:
    • 1st - 4.71
    • 2nd - 3.13
    • 3rd - 2.10
    • 4th - 1.67
    • 5th - 1.28
    • 6th - 1.00
    • 7th - 0.84
    • 8th - 0.67
    • Reverse - 3.53
Here is an excellent video on how to calculate that based on existing setup and new tire size:

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
Trust me, you don't want to drive any modern diesel with a manual.... I'm not sure what the obsession with that possible combination is around here?
Contemporary/modern Dodge Ram 2500 diesel manual is awesome.

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Trust me, you don't want to drive any modern diesel with a manual.... I'm not sure what the obsession with that possible combination is around here?
I think the obsession is that there are a lot of purists / old schoolers who only want to drive manual, and some of those same people want a diesel. I don’t necessarily know that it is the combo they want, but more so, two independent aspects that are very important to them. That would be my guess. But I should probably just shut up, because as much as I would LOVE to have a manual again,I drive auto because my wife refuses to learn to drive a stick, and I don’t really care one way or another about getting a diesel.

Sponsored

rtf500

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee altitude
Has anyone been able to find any information on the 850RE transmission? Specifically the hp and tq limits? The 845RE was in the grand cherokee pentastar and was limited to 331ft/lb torque. If it's similar on this application, it could seriously limit the aftermarket for those of us interested in the Hurricane.

deweyboy

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, mustang convertible, QX60, Patriot
I think the obsession is that there are a lot of purists / old schoolers who only want to drive manual, and some of those same people want a diesel. I don’t necessarily know that it is the combo they want, but more so, two independent aspects that are very important to them. That would be my guess. But I should probably just shut up, because as much as I would LOVE to have a manual again,I drive auto because my wife refuses to learn to drive a stick, and I don’t really care one way or another about getting a diesel.
Three factors in favor of a manual --1. Cheaper; 2. less likely to be stolen; 3. less likely to be asked to be borrowed:like::like:

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Wikipedia explains the selec tracs pretty well. The issue with SELEC-TRAC II in the liberty was it was 4auto and 4 low with no center differential so it was very electronically controlled. In auto the full system only engaged when slippage was seen.

Selec-trac on early grand Cherokee, Cherokee, liberty (1st gen) had a center differential. Full time 4wd powered all wheels (48/52) and then allowed slippage for turns, etc. It additionally had 4hi and 4 lo.

The new system appears to have 4hi so maybe they improved it. I personally like the proven original selec-trac as it has years of abuse behind it.

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody
Pfft to that I say. Before Dieselgate, we had a Sportwagen Diesel 6MT. It was sublime.
Sponsored