First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Sahara JLU
Occupation
retired
Heading to Waco and Arlington in a few weeks and was wondering if there are any good places to ride in the area. Thanks!
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey boss, there are a couple close to there in Midlothian and Grand Prairie but I’ve heard they’re just mud holes. I haven’t gone, and don’t plan to. Speaking of mud holes, be very careful at Bridgeport. Some of its “puddles” are deceptively deep.
Jeep Wrangler JL Off Roading near Waco and\or Arlington TX 26208153-19DB-4DDE-8683-FD6748B8F81C

We pulled this guy out, you’d have thought it was 12” deep at most.

I like Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer better, I think it’s about 2 hours from Arlington.
https://barnwellmountainra.com/

My favorite park is Hidden Falls. It’s South West Near Marble Falls. It is more like 3.5 hours from Arlington. If you’re staying in Waco it will probably be similar drive time to all three. You tube channel Rock Solid Rig does a lot of their videos out there.
https://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/

There are a few others further out but I haven’t been to them.

@Chocolate Thunder
@DaddyEngineer
@somedude922
Any of you guys around in a few weeks? I’d offer to go with but planning to be in Colorado.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey boss, there are a couple close to there in Midlothian and Grand Prairie but I’ve heard they’re just mud holes. I haven’t gone, and don’t plan to. Speaking of mud holes, be very careful at Bridgeport. Some of its “puddles” are deceptively deep.
Jeep Wrangler JL Off Roading near Waco and\or Arlington TX 26208153-19DB-4DDE-8683-FD6748B8F81C

We pulled this guy out, you’d have thought it was 12” deep at most.

I like Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer better, I think it’s about 2 hours from Arlington.
https://barnwellmountainra.com/

My favorite park is Hidden Falls. It’s South West Near Marble Falls. It is more like 3.5 hours from Arlington. If you’re staying in Waco it will probably be similar drive time to all three. You tube channel Rock Solid Rig does a lot of their videos out there.
https://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/

There are a few others further out but I haven’t been to them.

@Chocolate Thunder
@DaddyEngineer
@somedude922
Any of you guys around in a few weeks? I’d offer to go with but planning to be in Colorado.
I’ve got a couple of different work trips this month and remodeling the living room. Probably won’t have any opportunity to go wheeling until mid to late October.

I think I know that mud hole at Northwest OHV. Is it in the flat “quarry” part near the 2 steep hills?

Jeep Wrangler JL Off Roading near Waco and\or Arlington TX 52FBAFC4-EBB1-49BA-A301-BB52107E59ED

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol yep I think that’s it.

Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Now that I’ve retired, I have time. As long as they (work) don’t pull me back in on the project again full time as a consultant. I’m going to be upgrading some to get ready for the Moab Jeep Jamboree the end of October.

So this month I should be good for me to go wheel.

Scott

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that I’ve retired, I have time. As long as they (work) don’t pull me back in on the project again full time as a consultant. I’m going to be upgrading some to get ready for the Moab Jeep Jamboree the end of October.

So this month I should be good for me to go wheel.

Scott
NICE! You get all spiffed up on Moab so you can let me follow you out there next year! :)
Sponsored