Off road pages

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
i know the off road pages is only on the 8.4 unconnect 4 but is there any way to add to the 7 inch or are the gyros built into the radio? I searched but havent found anything techical on how it actually works. Thanks
Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Is everybody with an 8.4" supposed to have off road pages now? I've got a 19, and they're missing. Are we still in the "wait for the OTA update" phase, or do I need to bring it in?

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I just picked up my 2019 today and confirm it does have the off-road pages. Go into apps and see if you can choose off road pages.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Is everybody with an 8.4" supposed to have off road pages now? I've got a 19, and they're missing. Are we still in the "wait for the OTA update" phase, or do I need to bring it in?
The Off Road Pages, as well as about three other apps, don't come up immediately. Key the app page and wait a minute or two for them to come up. Cheers.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
My 19 Rubicon has the off road pages. It does take a minute or two to load once I try open it. I do worry that it may disappear, it sounds like some people have had that happen to them in the past, I have no idea if that issue has been fixed for others or not.

OP
OP

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
There is a whole thread on how to or if you have it with the 8.4, I am trying to get info on what makes the difference, where are the gyros etc. lets keep on topic in this thread please. While a switch of head units may be the ultimate solution I would like the technical reason it will not on the 7” before I drop 12-1500 Cad for it
Thanks

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have them on my 2018. Waiting for a supposedly soon to come solution. Mine is not receiving updates for some reason.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Do you know where I could source a 8.4 screen? Do you know if the wiring harness for the radio is the same?

Wiring is the same for the most part(see link below). The trim bezel is not. The cheapest place I have seen them is Ebay. Bezel is about $30 and when a screen shows up I have seen them go for $800 to $1200. Caution....make sure you find one that is a US take out. I have seen some ones from Europe pop up. You should get at least $400 when you sell your 7" screen.

Take a look at this link. Seems like most of the info is consolidated.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/7”-to-8-4”-upgrading-screen-size-success.13564/

Sponsored

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Wiring is the same for the most part(see link below). The trim bezel is not. The cheapest place I have seen them is Ebay. Bezel is about $30 and when a screen shows up I have seen them go for $800 to $1200. Caution....make sure you find one that is a US take out. I have seen some ones from Europe pop up. You should get at least $400 when you sell your 7" screen.

Take a look at this link. Seems like most of the info is consolidated.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/7”-to-8-4”-upgrading-screen-size-success.13564/
Thank you

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
i know the off road pages is only on the 8.4 unconnect 4 but is there any way to add to the 7 inch or are the gyros built into the radio? I searched but havent found anything techical on how it actually works. Thanks
All of the information presented in the offroad pages are available individually on the dashboard - just not available all at once on the 7" display.

So in other words, it's a software thing. Either done to make people upgrade to the 8.4 or more likely due to the smaller display area on the 7".

OP
OP

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
All of the information presented in the offroad pages are available individually on the dashboard - just not available all at once on the 7" display.

So in other words, it's a software thing. Either done to make people upgrade to the 8.4 or more likely due to the smaller display area on the 7".
That is good to know. Thank you very much.

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have a 2019 Rubicon with the 8.4 inch screen and I cannot find off road pages. I can see it on the dashboard - but not the screen. Do I need to have the dealer re-flash the software?

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I have the 7” screen in my special order JLR. I took possession in August and I had off road pages for about a month and then it disappeared. So, they can do it on the 7” screen.
Sponsored