Sponsored

Off-Road Pages not available at this time, try again later?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Anyone get a message indicating Off Road Pages not available at this time, try again later?

I was getting the Off Road Pages all along and then this past weekend, while out in the dirt, I was getting the message and unable to display the pages. I had it in 4 Hi and tried it also in 4 Lo. Did I miss something? Shouldn't they be available in any transfer case selection?
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
I assume this is on the 7" or 8" screen? On my little 5" screen they don't show up...have to view them in window behind steering wheel. It only has data if below 25 MPH. I don't have that big fancy screen, so probably not much help. ✌

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Shouldn't be dependent on your t case at all. Works in 2hi as well. Has your radio done a recent update to your knowledge?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Off-Road pages disables itself if you are going above 20 MPH I believe. They also disappears if the system loses track of the satellite, if reception gets blocked by trees, etc.

I find it pretty unstable to be honest.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Only the inclinometer portion is locked out at speed. This sounds like it won't even load for him. Which goes with what you were saying about stability. It's rather hit or miss.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
The Off-Road pages disables itself if you are going above 20 MPH I believe. They also disappears if the system loses track of the satellite, if reception gets blocked by trees, etc.

I find it pretty unstable to be honest.

That is incorrect, it will display at any speed... However, the actual incline data and other similar data likely will not appear. The program itself will still be accessible though... I use it occasionally to determine my altitude when driving through the mountains on paved/dirt roads, often in excess of 45mph.

One thing I have noticed is that if you have just started the Jeep up, it may take a few minutes before you can access that program, I guess it is still booting up in the background.

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I was out in the open when I tried, although it was overcast Saturday. I tried again yesterday and got the same message. Then just now, I was successful in getting them up. I dunno what's with the app. One handy page of the app is the gauges all on one screen.

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That is incorrect, it will display at any speed... However, the actual incline data and other similar data likely will not appear. The program itself will still be accessible though... I use it occasionally to determine my altitude when driving through the mountains on paved/dirt roads, often in excess of 45mph.

One thing I have noticed is that if you have just started the Jeep up, it may take a few minutes before you can access that program, I guess it is still booting up in the background.
If you have Nav, you can get the altitude by going to GPS Data. You'll get coordinates and altitude.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Okay that is weird, did not have this issue-but my On X offroad blinked off for about ten minutes-Saturday.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Generic suggestion: press all of your fuses to be sure that they are seated.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

You don’t need the Off-Road Pages just to get your elevation, though. You can get elevation through the GPS Info page. It works all the time, at any speed, and you don’t have to wait for the finicky Off-road Pages app to load up.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I get a similar message about 10% of the time I bring up Off-road Pages. The other 90%+ it works fine and eventually will work again. Have no idea why.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I get this message when I am in the underground garage, not sure why the Wrangler need to connect to the mothership to display local onboard information.

Most likely ORP and other similar stuff will become a subscription service in the future, hopefully headlights and wipers will not be part of that service.

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
You don’t need the Off-Road Pages just to get your elevation, though. You can get elevation through the GPS Info page. It works all the time, at any speed, and you don’t have to wait for the finicky Off-road Pages app to load up.
Yeah, I don't get what is it that needs over the air loading about the off-road pages. If it's the GPS location, that's covered in the Nav pages. The rest of the info is onboard collected data: roll/pitch, gauges, and driveline status.

I wish the gauges weren't part of these finicky off road pages. I really like that page.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I've had 3 JLs now and in every one of them at some point or another Offroad pages just shits the bed.

After a restart or two it starts working again.
Sponsored