Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
AWup9vLLTNyX8M7nqHsmHg_thumb_2345c.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2345b.jpg
Reference this Star Case with JEEP CARES - 101323601

Background: Didn't get ORP. Tried 2 times with UConnect trying to push update OTA. I did the suggested reset of personal settings both times. Finally realized the software on the radio was not the most up to date.

Dealer: 3 trips to dealer to collect info on radio and send to UConnect engineers. Determined the radio was not receiving cellular signal. New radio was placed on order. New radio has updated firmware and also loaded off road pages.

If you're having issues with getting ORP's, then the real issue might be your not receiving software updates. In the long run I think that's the real issue you want to have fixed. I'm sure eventually you will be able to download and install these software updates yourself but the OTA feature is nice to have fully functioning.

The Star Case reference above should have all these notes if you call Jeep Cares so you don't have to start troubleshooting from nothing. I'd suspect this is a wider issue than just my JEEP as others on this forum have mentioned the exact same symptoms and had no remedy.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2345b.jpg
View attachment 127973
Any idea if there is a cell signal strength meter buried in a diagnostic menu we can access? Curious because I live in a poor cell signal area and park in an underground garage at work. That could explain the lack of update on my end. Thanks
Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Any idea if there is a cell signal strength meter buried in a diagnostic menu we can access? Curious because I live in a poor cell signal area and park in an underground garage at work. That could explain the lack of update on my end. Thanks
Agreed, I'd love to have a way to check and ensure my new Jeep is connected via cell. I guess I could try the wifi hotspot feature.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My wifi hotspot worked too but I didn't get the OTA update.

Also yesterday my Off Road Pages disappeared...this is just comical at this point.

GeoTracker

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the info. I'll see what happens with my update when I take it in for an oil change and ask them to get the TSB done in the next few weeks.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I use the hotspot and it works well, but have no ORP. I'm getting the TSB done next week, so we'll see. The connection doesn't appear to be the issue blocking the over the air update, though.

Sponsored

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
I'm scheduled for the TSB next Tuesday......fingers crossed that it cures the radio, back up camera and gives me the ORP's I've been missing for 9 months.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Literally at the dealership now getting the ORP TSB done. Will let you know how it goes.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up to anyone needing to get the TSB done for the software update. I suggest calling the dealer and make sure they have the file downloaded to a flash drive before heading in.

It’s a 10GB file and appears like the server is being overloaded and taking a long time to download. My appointment was today... now I’m heading back again tomorrow after the download is complete. Maybe otherswill have better luck. At least the end is in sight. Lol

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Offroad pages installed and working. As DjMatt85 said, give the dealership warning ahead of time. I was already there getting a lift kit installed so i figured why not. The TSB calls for 2.3 Hours of time which includes the download of the large file. Once the file is downloaded and extracted on a thumb drive, the process probably takes about 30 minutes or less. Had i scheduled and appt and had them download the file first it wouldn't have taken a little over 2 hours.

OTGAuGres

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Rubicon
Got mine installed by the dealer yesterday. So far, all is good.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I got off road pages months ago for the Rubicon

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I have an appointment with the dealer this Tuesday (not the dealer where I purchased because I moved from NC to RI). The dealer has been linked up with a UConnect engineer to call when my JEEP gets there. They are mostly trying to figure out why the radio is not communicating with their server through cell connection. (I'm still on an older software version of the radio and didn't receive the update).

I'll post results on Tuesday afternoon.
A couple of weeks ago, my ORP finally downloaded and has stayed available. I subsequently received an email from Jeep Cares stating that their IT people found out that my 8.4 was NOT receiving OTA downloads such ORP and that I should bring my Rubi into my dealer to have the 8.4 radio replaced!

So...for 6 months FCA had been unable to figure out why my 8.4 wasn't downloading updates...now when it does, they want me to bring it in to have it replaced???

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My dealership downloaded the update, as per the TSB yesterday and....after 1 year of waiting, I've got the ORP! There have been no hiccups or issues, so it seems to be functioning at 100%.

Thanks @JeepCares for all the help with this. They really did a lot for me along the way, working with UConnect, to try and get this resolved. They take some crap sometimes around here, but I'll tell you they really worked this problem for me, so I'm indebted to them.

@TIDALWAVE @JeepCares is a conduit for communication with the engineers who are actually solving the problems. They feed them information. It looks like in your case the solution happened before they communicated it to JeepCares, so they were proceeding with the previously known procedure. FCA is a huge corporation and these things happen. I run an organization a microscopic fraction of that size and things like this can happen. The bottom line is that the company was working the problem and it appears to be resolved. If I were you, I'd just communicate to them that a breakthrough has occurred and the radio doesn't need replaced. Enjoy the ORP!

My kids like watching the ORP, while I like having all the gauges on display. I now wish I had the 12" display out of the Ram so that I could watch the ORP while having a map on the other half. Oh well. There's no room for that huge screen, anyway.