Sponsored

Off Road Pages has arrived via OTA software update!

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
DAY 1 - 1.5 Summary for fixing ORP through dealership w/ UConnect and JEEP Corporate

- Dropped car at dealership Tuesday
- Got a follow up of info from dealer and my UConnect case manager
- Testing completed per Jeep engineers request....radio is not receiving connection from UConnect server...confirmed the ORP/software update was pushed over the air specifically to my vehicle but vehicle did not receive.
- dealer told to open a "Star Case" to continue to answering questions from engineer (There was some confusion about whether this was done or not...it seems opening this case is the start of the dealer being able to work directly with corporate/engineer for a fix)
- If this software update isn't received it won't load Off Road Pages

Overall: Playing a little bit of middleman between dealer and UConnect but that's probably just me being overly involved. I'd rather have the cellular connection to the vehicle fixed then just load and update and go through this the next time a software update is pushed out to customers. UConnect said this is a issue specific to me and not widespread since I have been pushed the update but did not receive...but that sounds very similar to others complaints about what is going on with their vehicle (multiple software requests, owned since early 2018, live in good LTE/4G coverage area, and have reset their personal settings on vehicle multiple times).

Hope this helps someone out. I'll follow up again in a day.
Sponsored

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
DAY 1 - 1.5 Summary for fixing ORP through dealership w/ UConnect and JEEP Corporate

- Dropped car at dealership Tuesday
- Got a follow up of info from dealer and my UConnect case manager
- Testing completed per Jeep engineers request....radio is not receiving connection from UConnect server...confirmed the ORP/software update was pushed over the air specifically to my vehicle but vehicle did not receive.
- dealer told to open a "Star Case" to continue to answering questions from engineer (There was some confusion about whether this was done or not...it seems opening this case is the start of the dealer being able to work directly with corporate/engineer for a fix)
- If this software update isn't received it won't load Off Road Pages

Overall: Playing a little bit of middleman between dealer and UConnect but that's probably just me being overly involved. I'd rather have the cellular connection to the vehicle fixed then just load and update and go through this the next time a software update is pushed out to customers. UConnect said this is a issue specific to me and not widespread since I have been pushed the update but did not receive...but that sounds very similar to others complaints about what is going on with their vehicle (multiple software requests, owned since early 2018, live in good LTE/4G coverage area, and have reset their personal settings on vehicle multiple times).

Hope this helps someone out. I'll follow up again in a day.
Seems like the they should replace the cell unit in your Jeep if it's not getting updates.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I bought mine in Feb and still not getting the offroad page. I am in CA. I have been given multiple time lines from the dealer and Uconnect . Nobody will call me back with an update. I always have to call in. I just do not understand.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine in Feb and still not getting the offroad page. I am in CA. I have been given multiple time lines from the dealer and Uconnect . Nobody will call me back with an update. I always have to call in. I just do not understand.
I had some regular contact going, but the UConnect rep has not responded in a week or so.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had some regular contact going, but the UConnect rep has not responded in a week or so. I'm going to shift to a more aggressive strategy if I don't hear back from them soon.
JeepCares sent me a response today that detailed where we are right now with mine, so I'm hopeful to see a possible solution soon.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Anyone in Arizona receive them yet?
I have not received it yet, but today i heard from them they are working on a download link for manual installs. Perhaps some cell parts are not receiving the signal.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my 2019 last Thursday and no Off Road Pages until today. Must have updated.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I was told by Jeep cares yesterday that the update was pushed to my Jeep/confirmed a while back ......but I never received. I was also told yesterday to clear my personal setting from UConnect and I should then receive it. I did this immediately yesterday and have had my Jeep running outside and/or on the road for 3 hours yesterday and today...still no off road pages. Keep in mind I live in Central Valley - CA. Where there is excellent cell reception. Appears radio is not receiving connection from connection/update from UConnect. Could a receiver part on my Jeep be defective. Anyone else being told a similar process by Jeepcares and have success. Thanks

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
I was very similar...JeepCares said it was pushed on Monday. Still don't have it...Wed they said to clear personal settings and let them know if I don't have them after two days....I was at the dealership on wed for other warranty work and oil change and they didn't have a clue...In fact they said off road pages are gone and not coming back.....

Sponsored

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have not received it yet, but today i heard from them they are working on a download link for manual installs. Perhaps some cell parts are not receiving the signal.
please let me know if you hear anything.
Thanks

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am beginning to think that off-road pages on the 8.4 is a myth that FCA started to help them sell jeeps!

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I am in the exact same situation. Update pushed, not receiving, possibly defective hardware. Have them open a case. I have one open now. Waiting on Jeep engineer feedback. See my post earlier in this thread.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Are these the same as seen in the center cluster or is there more to it ?
Sponsored