Sponsored

Off Road Pages has arrived via OTA software update!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
2.0L Turbo Sahara w/c8.4 uConnect my Off Road Pages showed up 3 days ago and I am in Farifield County, CT. No update warnings or alerts, I was just paging through the menus and noticed Off Road was there.
@Rockreid

You just got your JL. Your 8.4 had the new firmware installed at the factory. It was there all along but you did not see it. Was not downloaded to your JL in the last 3 days as you think. Had it been downloaded you would have had to accept the download.
Sponsored

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I talked to Uconnect support today and the woman told me if you have something plugged into ODB port Uconnect won't sent updates to the service (vehicle health, mileage, etc) and that it wouldn't take any updates OTA. Not sure if it's true or not but since my vehicle health hasn't updated since may 25th I'm guessing she might be right.

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
I talked to Uconnect support today and the woman told me if you have something plugged into ODB port Uconnect won't sent updates to the service (vehicle health, mileage, etc) and that it wouldn't take any updates OTA. Not sure if it's true or not but since my vehicle health hasn't updated since may 25th I'm guessing she might be right.
Hmmmm guess I should remove the tazer for now.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Yakpimp

She might be full of chitt too. Time will tell. By the way, I have had the TazerJL installed since May and I get my vehicle health reports routinely.

Sponsored

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok... How do you get vehicle health reports? Does your Wrangler have to be or have WiFi? I have a Sport-S and so far I have no reports. But I do have a bad echo on the phone on the other side...my end clear as a bell.

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Ok... How do you get vehicle health reports? Does your Wrangler have to be or have WiFi? I have a Sport-S and so far I have no reports. But I do have a bad echo on the phone on the other side...my end clear as a bell.
I had a popup on the screen to sign up (which failed), then I signed up at mopar.com after speaking with someone (display in vehicle had a phone number to call when sign up failed), but the whole thing is useless IMO. Mileage shown on the website is half of actual, and the date of everything displayed is ~3 weeks old.

Does anyone know how often this health report should update? Is it really once a month?

This is a snippet from the mopar chat after signing in to ask why the data was so old:

chatAgent.png
Eileen: Your mileage will show less than actual as the next report has not been issued. The reports are sent to our system a few days before they are sent to you.
chatEndUserMessage.png
me: you stated a few sentences ago that the vehicle may send mileage updates more frequently
chatAgent.png
Eileen: It may, the information is sent by the Uconnect system to your account, this is all depending on vehicle run time.
chatEndUserMessage.png
me: I do not understand "vehicle run time"
chatAgent.png
Eileen: It is how the Uconnect system chooses to send the information, this is through an algorithm in the system.
chatEndUserMessage.png
me: I feel like I'm being fed anything to make me go away
chatAgent.png
Eileen: I promise you this is how the system works. The vehicle health reports are a free add on to the Uconnect remote features. Our system cannot send them more than once a month

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
How does one go about getting the vehicle health reports?

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Rubicon with 8.4 here. 20 min North of Detroit, can piratically reach out and touch FCA HQ. Just checked ....No update yet!

Sponsored

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Yakpimp

She might be full of chitt too. Time will tell. By the way, I have had the TazerJL installed since May and I get my vehicle health reports routinely.
The thing I have installed is the righttrack insurance tracker thing. I have to keep it for 10 more days or so, but we will see.

It's interesting because she didn't tell me it was what was causing the problem, she listed 3 reasons why it might not be updating and that was one of them. Its possible the Tazer is a different type of plugin (i'm not familiar with this stuff)

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
@Rockreid

You just got your JL. Your 8.4 had the new firmware installed at the factory. It was there all along but you did not see it. Was not downloaded to your JL in the last 3 days as you think. Had it been downloaded you would have had to accept the download.
What Uconnect firmware version has the ORP?

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
@Yakpimp

I get my health reports too!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get my health reports too!
Yes, I get the health reports. I also can use the Uconnect app to unlock, lock, start, honk horn, check odometer, locate vehicle, etc..

With that said, time will tell if a programmer attached to the OBDll port and a bypass module installed will keep a JL from getting the Uconnect update.

I ask that any forum member that has a programmer installed (TazerJL or Flashcal) to please post on the forum if/when your JL gets the Uconnect update. Obviously, if one forum member with a programmer installed gets it, the others with programmers will get it also.

By the way, Uconnect is having to send this update out to thousands and thousands. A big undertaking that will take lots of time to accomplish.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Las Vegas nv. 8.4 Rubicon, no update.
Sponsored

Last edited: