Sponsored

Off Road Pages has arrived via OTA software update!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Unfortunately Jeep doesn't release the USB updater since it's likely to cause bricked devices if the user messes it up. You may be able to find one but I highly suggest you get the dealer to do it or call jeep and have them see if they can trigger it remotely.
I don’t think that’s true. I downloaded the USB update from UCONNECT because when I typed in my VIN it told me an update was available. The instructions are specific, but accurate.

When I got to doing the update it told me I already had that version installed, but it did boot the USB and start it’s routine...

IIRC there’s a thread on here, somewhere, that has more details.

Edit - Found the thread I was thinking of: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/uconnect-4-update.45444/post-1005918
Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Like OldGuyNewJeep, on mine I downlaoded the software update to a USB drive and did it myself. It was easy. Prior to me doing that I did not have Off Road Pages and after updating I did and still do...

timize

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
I just bought a 8.4” UAQ and trying to update from 28.3 to 30.24. I keep getting an error code 10 at the 75% mark and it reverts back to the old software. Any ideas why it keeps doing this? I’ve tried 5 times with no luck.

timize

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just bought a 8.4” UAQ and trying to update from 28.3 to 30.24. I keep getting an error code 10 at the 75% mark and it reverts back to the old software. Any ideas why it keeps doing this? I’ve tried 5 times with no luck.
Well I found out that certain flash drives will not allow the update to function properly. I was using a SanDisk flash drive. Once I switched over to a Memorex, the update went though flawlessly.

Per Uconnect customer service, these are what will and will not work:

USBs SUPPORTED- Kingston, Philips, ONN, Sony, Memorex, Samsung.
USBs NOT supported (due to encrypted files)- SanDisk, Lexar and PNY.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Well I found out that certain flash drives will not allow the update to function properly. I was using a SanDisk flash drive. Once I switched over to a Memorex, the update went though flawlessly.

Per Uconnect customer service, these are what will and will not work:

USBs SUPPORTED- Kingston, Philips, ONN, Sony, Memorex, Samsung.
USBs NOT supported (due to encrypted files)- SanDisk, Lexar and PNY.
Good information!

Sponsored

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Has anyone figured out if there is an officially supported way to get Connect 8.4 UAQ updates? Beyond what is available if you put your vin in? I'd REALLY love to move to the Media button instead of having separate radio and media.

timize

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone figured out if there is an officially supported way to get Connect 8.4 UAQ updates? Beyond what is available if you put your vin in? I'd REALLY love to move to the Media button instead of having separate radio and media.
I used this to download all my UAQ updates: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uc6gYueoqOdCo93y3FgaMiZFSBmPKSE6

I was on 28.3 and updated to 30.24 and 34.2 in two steps. I was also hoping updating to the latest version would solve my USB2 and Sirius/Media button issues, but they remain.

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV