Sponsored

Off Road Pages has arrived via OTA software update!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
It's hard to believe that they still have not figured this out yet. I received the update on that first push (seems forever ago). I actually missed it, due to Rubi being in garage, so I chose the schedule option for later that day. It came, vanished on first start up, then returned and has been fine ever since. Wasn't that complicated.....The whole thing seems odd. (I'm in Maryland, btw).
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Glad to see they're finally offering a way to download & install!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see they're finally offering a way to download & install!

Yep, my download was 9.3gb +/-, took about 45 minutes, then had to extract it onto a USB drive...

FYI, they say to use a 4gb Drive, I'd highly recommend using a 16gb+

Sponsored

INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

The comedy (or lack there of) of this continues...

I think I was one of the first to get the TSB "excuse" and force me to go to a dealer back in October of last year. I just refused to go for such a ridiculous notion...

Low an behold this year I had to go for the Steering Damper TSB, so I figured I would get them to update...
Classic CDJR is clueless... Had to spoon feed all info and then...

OMG, I had Off Road pages!

...At least long enough to get me off the lot and get home... Then poof! Gone again! Also notice icons changing and reordering. Going from uConnect icon to whatever was suppose to be and reordering... but still no Off road. Totally hosed now. Worse off then I was.

Decided to try and fix my own problem again and went to uConnect updates, input my VIN for a shot in the dark and BAM: You have an update available! Downloaded, read notes and checked version. Dealer updated me to 19.11.4d. Download is for 21.10!? WTH!? Why didnt dealer do that!? Oh right, incompetent...

Thinking there was hope (falsely) Followed instructions to install: Cannot Update Software. Software not compatible with vehicle.
AGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
Triage myself with different devices, builds, rearranging folders, resizing partitions, sizes formats to see if doc was wrong.. No love...

Back to square one... What on earth are these companies doing!!!!????
Messaged @JeepCares again... (extreme eye roll)

I love my Jeep, but just take it back... (oh and not because of this alone, but for the ongoing list of like 12 other issues it has) Ill go back to imports...

INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Yep, my download was 9.3gb +/-, took about 45 minutes, then had to extract it onto a USB drive...
FYI, they say to use a 4gb Drive, I'd highly recommend using a 16gb+
Funny how you cant fit 9GB into 4GB... ;]

Can you give some specs if you know?
USB brand?
USB Bus (1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, etc)
USB size?
USB format? (FAT32, exFAT, NTFS)
Port in Jeep used (USB1 or USB2)?
Extracted zip on the USB into, only 2 folders in the root right? (map_package & VP4R_Update)
Filename? (mine was) UCONNECT_8.4_IR21.10_MY18JL_VP4R_USA.zip

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how you cant fit 9GB into 4GB... ;]

Can you give some specs if you know?
USB brand?
USB Bus (1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, etc)
USB size?
USB format? (FAT32, exFAT, NTFS)
Port in Jeep used (USB1 or USB2)?
Extracted zip on the USB into, only 2 folders in the root right? (map_package & VP4R_Update)
Filename? (mine was) UCONNECT_8.4_IR21.10_MY18JL_VP4R_USA.zip
Sandisk Ultra (Bought the 2-Pack, UPC #619659168551)
USB 3.0
32gb
I didn't format it, just left it as is out of the packet.
Used the port in the dashboard, I think it's #1, it's in the "Media" section with the auxiliary inputs
Downloaded to desktop, extracted to USB
File Name: UCONNECT_8.4_IR21.10_MY18JL_VP4R_USA.zip

FYI, I put mine in the drive before I started the Jeep, it immediately recognized there was an update when I started the Jeep, then it took 45-50 minutes to complete (It said on the screen 65'ish, but took slightly less)

INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Sandisk Ultra (Bought the 2-Pack, UPC #619659168551)

FYI, I put mine in the drive before I started the Jeep, it immediately recognized there was an update when I started the Jeep, then it took 45-50 minutes to complete (It said on the screen 65'ish, but took slightly less)
Funny. When I contacted uConnect they said not to use Sandisk, it was an unsupported brand...
Tried with inserted before start up now too. No love. I hate this thing.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Funny. When I contacted uConnect they said not to use Sandisk, it was an unsupported brand...
Wow, isn't Scandisc probably the most popular brand? Most of my zip drives and memory cards are Scandisc. What is their recommended brand or brands?

Sponsored

INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

The other 2 weird things are:
The TSB 08-001-19 was written up as TSB 08-011-19 (hope it was just a invoice fat finger and not applied wrong)
And the version in the Dealer menu change "format"/ totally different naming convention.

USA-IR-19.9.0-20171026-I07G - Original
USA-IR-21.10.0-20180605-I09W - Around when TSB came out
USA-ASO-8.4-MR-28.3.3-20190314-M0G3 - Current

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The other 2 weird things are:
The TSB 08-001-19 was written up as TSB 08-011-19 (hope it was just a invoice fat finger and not applied wrong)
And the version in the Dealer menu change "format"/ totally different naming convention.

USA-IR-19.9.0-20171026-I07G - Original
USA-IR-21.10.0-20180605-I09W - Around when TSB came out
USA-ASO-8.4-MR-28.3.3-20190314-M0G3 - Current
I had mine updated at the dealership a good while back. They had lots of help from @JeepCares as well. It had many quirks for the first month or two, but it settled down since then and now works consistently the way it should. It never disappeared, though. It had times where the ORP were inaccessible, but those episodes didn't last long.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Unsupported brand? Isn't a USB a USB?

INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Wow, isn't Scandisc probably the most popular brand? Most of my zip drives and memory cards are Scandisc. What is their recommended brand or brands?
Yeah exactly, but they actually do have a lot of issues but it is mostly a disclaimer to try another. I dont recall their full list, that just struck me as odd too.

Unsupported brand? Isn't a USB a USB?
Exactly as above and this is just cause i'm a techie. They have this issue with memory cards too with Go Pros and other devices entering the 4k / high speed market. Then just have different manufacturing tolerances, and run certain tests that say some are more reliable than others. Only really nessessary on high end items.

a firmware flash... not exactly a performance need, so definitely a disclaimer... Standard call center deferral tactics for the most.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Trying to do the update now and it isn't working. I tried a sands, no go. They I grabbed a Lexor. No go. Now I am trying to format and erase the Lexor as it had some files on it. We will see if this works.

1. Check online and said an update was available.
  2. Downloaded from Mac to first USB (Sandisk, 3.0, 32gb) Brand new USB no formatting.
  3. Then erased files off old Lexor, didn't work. Was formatted to something funky like MS-Dos so I erased and formatted to exfat and trying that.
I unmarried the Taser and put all that back to original before I started all this. What a cluster.
Sponsored