Sponsored

Off road pages are (now) tied to Sirius subscription?!?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares can you shine some light on the screenshot provided on the first post ?

I mean, it's a fact that information is on the website. If it is a mistake or something that is planned is yet to be determined.
Thanks for the tag, vanzano

In previous threads regarding this topic, Off Road Pages is an app in the Uconnect system supplying information on select components, but it does not require any subscription for this feature. It is a standard feature for Uconnect systems with the 8.4 inch or larger display.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

OP
OP
davewald

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Thanks for the tag, vanzano

In previous threads regarding this topic, Off Road Pages is an app in the Uconnect system supplying information on select components, but it does not require any subscription for this feature. It is a standard feature for Uconnect systems with the 8.4 inch or larger display.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Again, see the screenshot. Maybe *someone* should tell the marketing department that listing a free service as a benefit you get by paying for a subscription is not a good idea. Us Jeep people are pretty picky about those kinds of things, as evidenced by the replies to my post.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I'm not sure how a subscription to a US service like Sirius could work outside the US like in Europe where we don't have Sirius. We have digital radio, but providers are different throughout Europe.
We have a BMW with its eSIM so there's no doubt Jeep could do something. Subscriptions are a pin in the butt. pah

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
An MS Office download can be purchased outright, if you prefer not to use the subscription model. I recently did just that when the one year trial on my laptop expired.

Yes, once support for your particular version is withdrawn by the Mothership, it may only be a matter of time until the software functioning stops, or slows to a point that renders it virtually unusable. Voice of experience here.
This happened to my MacBook. When I upgraded to the latest OS, my previously purchased versions of pages and numbers became obsolete and I couldn't access it anymore. I used my older version of MS Office to access the files and now, just saved it to the cloud and can access from my other PC's. It sucks that something you bought and owned becomes obsolete just because a "needed update to increase functionality" is required. If and when the time comes when Stellantis will require us to subscribe for functionality we already have, there will be numerous aftermarket companies who will gladly provide compatible head units that won't need a subscription. Greed runs deep in all industries. Stellantis might sell the mold, but the aftermarket sells the parts...

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If and when the time comes when Stellantis will require us to subscribe for functionality we already have, there will be numerous aftermarket companies who will gladly provide compatible head units that won't need a subscription.
I'll gladly tell anyone how to work around a problem, provided (a) I've done it myself, and/or (b) the aftermarket has the provided solution ready to sell. I defeated ESS with this harness, and I stopped AutoPark in its tracks (ha) with this little add-on.

Tazer and JScan wait in the wings for the day I might need one or the other, too.

It's an arms race, and I'm glad the aftermarket provides us the ammunition to fight. 👍
Sponsored