Sponsored

Off-road Beaches in Mass

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all,
besides Nantucket and Sandy Neck, does anyone know any beaches where you can take the Jeep on the beach? Thanks!
Sponsored

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
These are all in Cape Cod. Nauset Beach in Orleans. Chapin Beach in Dennis, Race Point in Provincetown, and from Long Nook Beach in Truro to Long Neck in Provincetown. You’ll need a ORV pass and sometimes access can be closed due to shore bird nesting. Nauset Beach access in Orleans is actually really large and goes down a large sand bar with water on both sides, it stays above high tide.

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are all in Cape Cod. Nauset Beach in Orleans. Chapin Beach in Dennis, Race Point in Provincetown, and from Long Nook Beach in Truro to Long Neck in Provincetown. You’ll need a ORV pass and sometimes access can be closed due to shore bird nesting. Nauset Beach access in Orleans is actually really large and goes down a large sand bar with water on both sides, it stays above high tide.
Thanks!

Also:
Sandy Neck in Barnstable

Nobadeer and Great Point on Nantucket (did both this summer).

Haven’t been to the Vineyard to off-road before...

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Do you need different ORV permits for each beach or is there a general Cape permit that covers all?

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
No special permits, stickers or anything required?
Duxbury beach permit is an expensive and limited full season permit. It was closed for half of last summer for piping plovers (taste like chicken). I am curious about how the Cape Cod permits work.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
There is a single ORV Permit you can get from the state: https://www.nps.gov/caco/planyourvisit/orv-permits.htm

I wanted to do it this year but won't now because of what is going on. I am not totally familiar with the cape so I don't know if the single permit covers all of the other towns. I didn't read the whole thread but figured I would reply with what I did know.

Sponsored

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a single ORV Permit you can get from the state: https://www.nps.gov/caco/planyourvisit/orv-permits.htm

I wanted to do it this year but won't now because of what is going on. I am not totally familiar with the cape so I don't know if the single permit covers all of the other towns. I didn't read the whole thread but figured I would reply with what I did know.
Thanks. This is only for the trails on the northern tip of the Cape (not Dennis or Sandwich, near me). Thanks for sending though.
Hope to see you out there next year.

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably similar
I was looking at Dennnis: https://www.town.dennis.ma.us/natural-resources/road-vehicle-orv
But then I can't go to Sandwich w/o buying a different one? Annoying
Guess I'll have to find some local Jeepers.... and get a Jeep
The Dennis ORV pass is only good in Dennis. It's through the Dennis Natural Resources commission, so only good at just the single beach, Crowes Pasture, which I went to all last summer. Dennis used to have Chapin beach as well, but it eroded away a few years back. Crowes Pasture is awesome, especially at low tide, except for the damn piping plover in July closing the beach... You can take dogs on the beach in August as well... The pass is actually good April 1 - March 31 each year, so can get some nice days in spring / fall there...

Went social distancing at Crowes Pasture the other day with the kids...

NOTE: The bay side of Cape Cod is one of the few places on the East Coast of the US where you can see a sunset over the ocean...

IMG_2722.jpg

5CAA53E9-86D4-4BC4-9350-FA46C4E2FC01.JPG