Sponsored

OEM to LED conversion success

ittessor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, 2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker, 2013 Chrysler 300S
Occupation
IT PRO
Vehicle Showcase
All items below sourced from Amazon & Ebay. No fast blink adapters needed (Shocked) and beyond expectations when installed. Great night time coverage and all same color match. Light bar connected to AUX 3 button - 15 amp lead.

All aftermarket LED upgrades

DRL/Turn signal upgrade
(4) 2 of EA - BEAMTECH 7443 LED Bulb, CSP Chips 6500K 800 Lumens W21/5W 7515 T20 Dual Xenon White

Headlight upgrade
Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1 Series LED Headlights H13 9008 H13A P264T PJ264T PHILIPS CSP LED Headlight Conversion Kit 50W 8000lm 6500K Hi-Lo Beam

Fog Light upgrade
Auxbeam H16 H16 (JP) LED Light Bulb 5202 5201 H16 PSX24W 9009 2504 LED Bulbs

LED Light bar (Ebay)
(1) 12inch 208W LED Work single row light bar

IMG_20180326_235655_01.jpg
IMG_20180326_235713_01.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ittessor

ittessor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, 2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker, 2013 Chrysler 300S
Occupation
IT PRO
Vehicle Showcase
What was the price difference vs the OEM LED Package?
Headlights - $32.99
Fog lights - $16.99
Turn signal/DRL (x2) - $44.00
Light bar - $12.99
Shipping/tax - $0

Total - $106.97

LED Lighting Group
Sales code: AD6 - $895.00

Total savings - $788.03
I can live without the halos :)

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Headlights - $32.99
Fog lights - $16.99
Turn signal/DRL (x2) - $44.00
Light bar - $12.99
Shipping/tax - $0

Total - $106.97

LED Lighting Group
Sales code: AD6 - $895.00

Total savings - $788.03
I can live without the halos :)
Yeah without projectors. Meaning you’ll blind everyone on your path. :facepalm:

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Whenever I have looked at these types of LED light upgrades I am not able to find if they are DOT or not.

Do you know if these are DOT approved? I ask as some people may have issues in their states depending on how much the local police pay attention. Some may not have issues while others may.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ittessor

ittessor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT PRO
Vehicle Showcase
Whenever I have looked at these types of LED light upgrades I am not able to find if they are DOT or not.

Do you know if these are DOT approved? I ask as some people may have issues in their states depending on how much the local police pay attention. Some may not have issues while others may.
The few sites I looked at said they have DOT certification. I haven't had any flashes to alert me I might be blinding other drivers. As a reference I have constant flashes with stock projectors on my 300 (factory aligned/no modification).

*Note - Breakdown between DOT and SAE regs - https://www.truck-lite.com/content/news/sae-vs-dot-truth-about-lighting-regulations

http://bestheadlightbulbs.com/brightest-led-headlight-bulbs-2017/
http://carunderstanding.com/best-led-headlights/

DOT.PNG DOT2.PNG

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The few sites I looked at said they have DOT certification. I haven't had any flashes to alert me I might be blinding other drivers. As a reference I have constant flashes with stock projectors on my 300 (factory aligned/no modification).

*Note - Breakdown between DOT and SAE regs - https://www.truck-lite.com/content/news/sae-vs-dot-truth-about-lighting-regulations

http://bestheadlightbulbs.com/brightest-led-headlight-bulbs-2017/
http://carunderstanding.com/best-led-headlights/

DOT.PNG DOT2.PNG
That is from Amazon. I would like to see the manufacturers website make the statement. So far I cannot find the light you purchased for your headlight. The closest I could find is the S2 which may be just the latest version. I don't see anywhere on the manufactures website that these are DOT or SAE approved.

https://www.auxbeam.com/headlight-bulbs/H13/88623535

I am not trying to argue. I just want to make sure that people have all of the information before making a choice like this. In some areas people have been known to either have issues with local law enforcement or obtaining an inspection sticker. It is best to know for certain before making a purchase like this.

OP
OP
ittessor

ittessor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT PRO
Vehicle Showcase
That is from Amazon. I would like to see the manufacturers website make the statement. So far I cannot find the light you purchased for your headlight. The closest I could find is the S2 which may be just the latest version. I don't see anywhere on the manufactures website that these are DOT or SAE approved.

https://www.auxbeam.com/headlight-bulbs/H13/88623535

I am not trying to argue. I just want to make sure that people have all of the information before making a choice like this. In some areas people have been known to either have issues with local law enforcement or obtaining an inspection sticker. It is best to know for certain before making a purchase like this.
Understood, however the snips are from the websites that have links posted. The snip that you see "VIA AMAZON", was from the picture the site showed.

Listen, I am not here to lead anyone anywhere. I am sure everyone is savvy to a degree. I don't need to put a disclaimer on everything I post, which certain members seem to have this need.

When I look to upgrade, save money, etc., I don't want to waste my time or anyones, which is why I read posts, am courteous as possible and keep my beliefs MINE. I am sure someone wants to throw a set of lights in, light bar, air horns, wheels, tires and you name it and want to know if it works, I SURE DO. I am not their police of choices. Do me a favor, ignore me and please don't read my posts any longer. Dude you're killing it for me.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood, however the snips are from the websites that have links posted. The snip that you see "VIA AMAZON", was from the picture the site showed.

Listen, I am not here to lead anyone anywhere. I am sure everyone is savvy to a degree. I don't need to put a disclaimer on everything I post, which certain members seem to have this need.

When I look to upgrade, save money, etc., I don't want to waste my time or anyones, which is why I read posts, am courteous as possible and keep my beliefs MINE. I am sure someone wants to throw a set of lights in, light bar, air horns, wheels, tires and you name it and want to know if it works, I SURE DO. I am not their police of choices. Do me a favor, ignore me and please don't read my posts any longer. Dude you're killing it for me.
This is a forum for discussion. Many people will read this topic. Many people do not think about DOT or try to check only to come back and say how they wish they had known.

I am sorry that you feel I am killing it for you by adding information some people may find useful. If this is an issue for you maybe you should not create anymore threads. I have not been disrespectful in any way to you. I am adding information as I will continue to do so. I am sorry that you do not like it.

Sponsored

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Not a fan of hid’s without projectors looks messy and you have no cutoff line. It’s just the wrong thing to do, which is why you never see hid’s from the factory without projector specifically made for hid. LED headlights have their own type of projector just further reiterating that housing needs to match bulb type. Props to you for taking matters in your own hands regarding brightness but don’t expect everyone to pat the head for what ultimately is illegal and a hazard to other drivers. Brackets will be sold soon I’m sure and then a jk retrofit projector lens will give that hid light a path, but until then it’s jerry rigged.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)

Whoa...I didn’t find his post negative or offensive. What gives?

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I would be interested to see the beam pattern of the LED replacements with the 270° specification mentioned in the ad. Here's a pic of the OEM LED cut off at 30-40'

IMG_20180327_200045.jpg
It’ll most likely be scattered. There’s no projector to “project it” if that makes any sense lol. Basically there’s no cutoff like how you see it.

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
All items below sourced from Amazon & Ebay. No fast blink adapters needed (Shocked) and beyond expectations when installed. Great night time coverage and all same color match. Light bar connected to AUX 3 button - 15 amp lead.

All aftermarket LED upgrades

DRL/Turn signal upgrade
(4) 2 of EA - BEAMTECH 7443 LED Bulb, CSP Chips 6500K 800 Lumens W21/5W 7515 T20 Dual Xenon White

Headlight upgrade
Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1 Series LED Headlights H13 9008 H13A P264T PJ264T PHILIPS CSP LED Headlight Conversion Kit 50W 8000lm 6500K Hi-Lo Beam

Fog Light upgrade
Auxbeam H16 H16 (JP) LED Light Bulb 5202 5201 H16 PSX24W 9009 2504 LED Bulbs

LED Light bar (Ebay)
(1) 12inch 208W LED Work single row light bar

IMG_20180326_235655_01.jpg
IMG_20180326_235713_01.jpg
When you use your turn signals do they just flash white? Can you post a video by any chance?

Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored