OEM Steel bumper question.

WvJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Looking for some info from anyone who has added the Rubicon front steel bumper to their Sport or Sahara. I’m curious as to how well the texture and color match the plastic rear and other plastic trim. Is it noticeable at all? Im looking to add the front steel bumper, but I’m going hold off if it doesn’t match the rear. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for some info from anyone who has added the Rubicon front steel bumper to their Sport or Sahara. I’m curious as to how well the texture and color match the plastic rear and other plastic trim. Is it noticeable at all? Im looking to add the front steel bumper, but I’m going hold off if it doesn’t match the rear. Thanks for any info.
I think they matched very well. In fact, all Moab edition come with steel front and plastic rear and I see no one complains.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It looks fine. Notice that the OEM steel bumper has plastic on it around the fogs. That is pretty much the same plastic as on other body pieces. Go forth and mod!
31379766577_9880a0ff3a_h.jpg

Girlwonder

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Here ya go. Same plastic and eventually it'll all fade In the sun. As long as it fit I think it'll look slick. Full frontal for example/attention.

Xtreme Recon package (2.5 lift, 35s, and 4.56 gearing) Steel Bumpers, 2023 Earl Grey Rubi[/QUOTE]

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Steel bumper question. 20221203_112534

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
This will likely be an unpopular take, but I wished there was a plastic stubby version for the the JL. I have intentionally tried to keep my jeep light and 100 lbs plus on the front end is not something I want to do, but I really do like how the stubby looks.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Slaphitter

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Seconded. Would have checked that box in a heartbeat.
Same. Given that a stubby bumper is really just a carrier for a winch and some lights, I don’t see any reason why Mopar couldn’t add a winch plate and fair lead to the steel internals of the plastic bumpers. Plug and play, lighter weight, perfect cosmetic match.