Sponsored

OEM spare tire carrier (2 different part #'s)

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Will sport brake light fit on rubicon carrier?
In my case, the brake light itself is the exact same part number, even from a 2020 rubicon tire carrier to a 2021 sport tire carrier. It's just the plastic holding the light that's a different (shorter) height.

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM spare tire carrier (2 different part #'s) IMG_3933

That picture also shows anyone that she shape of the tire carrier is different and how it moves the tire up.

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM spare tire carrier (2 different part #'s) IMG_3934

Adding this one just to add another comparison photo to show the tire goes farther out too.
Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Any chance you measured the camera body to see if there is a difference in length as it extends out from the carrier?
I used my 2021 Sport camera housing and lug screw mount and put them in the 2020 rubicon tire carrier (didn't feel like unscrewing the camera and its wires). Everything fit perfectly and the camera works exactly as is

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
The loop that the brake light sits on is smaller on the Sport carrier, on mine I just mounted it in the bottom hole only. It has two holes in each leg and I just moved it up so it only uses the one screw instead of both of them. Been fine for well over a year.
Gregj
How has this been going for you? I did this too in prep for different tires since I saw it in the RC relocation bracket instructions (don't have the bracket, just used it as a guide). All I've noticed so far it is seems like a little more wobble when I close the tailgate. Not a big deal, and all that it's holding up is light plastic so I have a hard time imagining anything going wrong.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
How has this been going for you? I did this too in prep for different tires since I saw it in the RC relocation bracket instructions (don't have the bracket, just used it as a guide). All I've noticed so far it is seems like a little more wobble when I close the tailgate. Not a big deal, and all that it's holding up is light plastic so I have a hard time imagining anything going wrong.
Worked great, no problems at all. Have since went to 37’s and changed to the Mopar relocation kit (the Jeep grill looking bracket).

Gregj

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Just a small update, with 285/75/17s on the Rubicon tire carrier, it turns out to be unnecessary to move the tire up light to only use the top hole. I was able to put it back down and use both.

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM spare tire carrier (2 different part #'s) imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-xCfux6i7fi1b

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
On the mopar site, the spare tire carrier has 2 different parts #'s, one for All-Terrain tires the other for Off-Road tires. I wonder what the difference is in these brackets. Any ideas ?

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/aut...s-engine/body-cat/carrier-and-components-scat

68442146AA Bracket-Spare Tire Spare Carrier
OFF-ROAD TIRES

68442144AA Bracket-Spare Tire Spare Carrier
ALL-TERRAIN TIRES

• 68474051AC ( Replaces 68442146AA)
  • Other Names:Spare Tire Bracket Assembly, Mexico, South America, Bracket
  • Description:
    SPARE TIRE
  • Applications:RHD. Recon 4x4. Black And Tan 4x4.

• 68474050AD ( Replaces 68442144AA)
  • Description:
    SPARE TIRE
  • Applications:Black And Tan 4x4.
Sponsored