Sponsored

OEM Rubicon front end noise. (knock, creak?)

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
So little update.

Took the Jeep back to the dealer this morning, and had a tech/mechanic come with me. I was able to replicate the noise and he heard it well.

3-4 hours later, they call to tell me they determined it's the Left front shock, but it's back-ordered so it'll be a while...

I guess we'll see
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I get a creaking sound similar to your first post. Front left.
2020 Rubicon 2 door. I've heard this before on cars...I think it's the spring. The perch gets some grit in there or something. I haven't been to the dealer or tried to solve it, it still drives ok. Just a bit annoying because a new vehicle should not have so many little issues. This is one of 4 small problems I can think of off the top my head.
So little update.

Took the Jeep back to the dealer this morning, and had a tech/mechanic come with me. I was able to replicate the noise and he heard it well.

3-4 hours later, they call to tell me they determined it's the Left front shock, but it's back-ordered so it'll be a while...

I guess we'll see
Hi @zrickety & @Aramis76 !

I'm super sorry to hear about the concerns you've been experiencing lately. However, if either of you would like additional support while working alongside your Jeep dealers to get this properly diagnosed and addressed, please feel free to send our @JeepCares team a private message! I'd be happy to look into your situations further to see where I can be of assistance. Thanks!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Well guys, I'm still waiting on that shock, it's been 2 months now, and i'm told, again, that it will be at least another few more weeks. This is completely unacceptable.
Edit:
After telling FCA this was unacceptable, they came back and found an alternative part number that can be available in a few days.
Upon looking, seems like my dealership ordered the right part, but it was superseded and nobody figured out that the part ordered would never come... sigh...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Little update and possibly the end... (a surprising twist).

As I was washing the Jeep last weekend, a piece of the cowl below the windshield made a creaking noise. While the Jeep was wet, I started pushing on it (red circle in picture) and noticed that the 2 screws (arrows in the picture) were moving just a little bit while making that creaking/knock sound.

I tightened them, and damn it, the noise seems to be gone...

When I think about it, it makes perfect sense. I always thought it came from the front left suspension, which is in the exact same direction when driving.
It always happened on uneven terrain, which that cowl piece would likely creak when the body was flexing a little.

Keeping fingers crossed, but so far so good, won't be needing that shock!

JeepNoise.jpg
Sponsored