Sponsored

OEM Mopar Splash Guards fit MOAB and Rubicon?

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I want/need splash guards on my MOAB and am encouraged that for the first time I see that it appears that the Mopar ones do in fact fit the MOAB. My question is, how are the MOAB rock rails different from the Rubicon ones that results in Jeep/Mopar saying that the OEM splash guards don’t fit the Rubicon - I thought the Rubicon and MOAB rock rails were the same? See below:

I just installed both front and rears and they fit fine. The front guards bump up against the rails but no installation issue except with the nylon rivets. Purchase extra to have on hand.
OK, dumb question here. Just to make sure. You installed the Mopar splash guards on a MOAB. Am I correct? If so, then I be buying for my wife's MOAB. Thanks.
Sponsored

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
I want/need splash guards on my MOAB and am encouraged that for the first time I see that it appears that the Mopar ones do in fact fit the MOAB. My question is, how are the MOAB rock rails different from the Rubicon ones that results in Jeep/Mopar saying that the OEM splash guards don’t fit the Rubicon - I thought the Rubicon and MOAB rock rails were the same? See below:
Moab and Rubicon rails are not the same. JLUR fitment issues may also be related to the high fenders?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@BLACKMOAB … The MOAB is essentially a Sahara, and they fit since they're a Sahara accessory. @slamr is correct, and they don't fit the JLR because of the Rubi rock rails. I'd imagine you're referring to part #s 82215333 and 82215333AB.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
If you're talking about the front molded Mopar splash guards fitting with Rubicon rock rails, you just need to trim the rock rails a bit. Did it myself. Not difficult. A couple YouTube videos out there showing you different ways to tackle it, too, but it's basically just some sawing through the rails to trim and repainting and capping.

So yea, it's totally possible, just up to you if you want to put in the bit of work to get it done. I've loved having the front guards; haven't really had issues with rocks flying up at my doors while on the highway. They do eat into your ground clearance, obviously, but my thinking is when they get wrenched off while offroading, that will be nature's way of saying the splash guards are done lol

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@BLACKMOAB … The MOAB is essentially a Sahara, and they fit since they're a Sahara accessory. @slamr is correct, and they don't fit the JLR because of the Rubi rock rails. I'd imagine you're referring to part #s 82215333 and 82215333AB.
So if I removed the rockrails (which I did to put on the steps) does that mean that I can use whatever mud flaps I want?

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So if I removed the rockrails (which I did to put on the steps) does that mean that I can use whatever mud flaps I want?
I'm not so sure you'd have to remove the rock rails. I know of a few owners who've gotten non-OEM mud flaps on, some even found them on Amazon. I replaced my rock rails with Mopar molded side steps, and there's an area where I could attach mud flaps... I'd have to use rivets.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-husky-liner-rubicon-mud-flaps.9204/#post-550096
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ped-new-grill-carbon-fiber.23341/#post-560880
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mudflaps-and-rubicon-flares.4435/page-4#post-565509

Here's a guy with a Moab with the mud flaps... see @Jeeper post #11707

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-781#post-542933

goldy222

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.

goldy222

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I've numbered the positions in the first image. The second image is the anchors I used for position 1. The third image is the anchors I used for position 2. The fourth image is the bolts I used for position 3. I later swapped out the screws and nuts/bolts/washers for stainless steel. The hardest part was drilling the holes in the correct spots on the mud guard. After I did the first one, I lined it up with the second one and drilled the mirror image. This worked perfectly and is very secure. Any other questions, let me know

anchors.jpg

IMG_8096.JPG

IMG_8095.JPG

IMG_8097.JPG

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Any luck on getting the answer on this?