OEM MOPAR PART WEBSITE LEGIT OR NOT

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
$1,350 installed ain't bad at all, though.

I'm gonna knock it out myself in my garage. It looks like a fairly simple, straightforward install. I'm not sure if you'd be able to tell the springs will succumb to bending just by looking at them, but at first glance they look fine to me.

Yeah, that doesn't solve the issue. It just masks it. And that kind of answer doesn't surprise me at all. It's not really any different than when they were telling folks to replace the steering stabilizer on JKs that were getting the death wobble because the lack of shouldered bolts throughout the suspension were wallowing out holes for the trackbar and what not.

I did call the dealership I bought it from, though, and asked them if they've run into this. They told me they've installed about a half-dozen of these kits and haven't encountered any issues, but they wouldn't allow a Jeep to leave their dealership if they did since these are all being added to the purchase of their vehicles "out-the-door." So, that's kind of promising.
$1350 just for the lift, total installed I was quoted $2100 which seems steep.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
$1350 just for the lift, total installed I was quoted $2100 which seems steep.
Oh okay. I misread. Yeah, that is a tad pricey for the install, but certainly not horrible. The dealership I bought my Jeep from (not the lift kit) quoted me $5,500 for the kit, tires, and install. They proceeded to tell me about the time, care, and attention to detail they put into their work to justify the damn near $2,500 cost in labor. Suffice to say, I won't be using them for any kind of service work ever.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Oh okay. I misread. Yeah, that is a tad pricey for the install, but certainly not horrible. The dealership I bought my Jeep from (not the lift kit) quoted me $5,500 for the kit, tires, and install. They proceeded to tell me about the time, care, and attention to detail they put into their work to justify the damn near $2,500 cost in labor. Suffice to say, I won't be using them for any kind of service work ever.
I don't blame you. NO service dept. cares about attention to detail. They do all work as quickly as possible, and even if they complete the work earlier than what the job calls for, they still charge the full price. I HATE taking my vehicles to the stealer, and try to avoid at all cost. Trust me, if I knew someone close to me that could help me install the lift, I would rather pay that person and help wrench myself.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
My dealer first said there is not a problem. now they say thats normal the springs suppose to look like that so it can flex lol. I cant believe what some will do to sell someone something when they know its not right
Sponsored