Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at Metalcloak’s lights and they put out the same lumen output as Mopar but around $450. I bought my Mopar set at BAM Wholesale for about $580, but waiting to install until the winch is in. Mopar lights are about the same cost as Baja or Vision and look to be exceptionally made.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Really?

the cases don’t look the same and there appears to be 7 elements inside the Mopar and only 4 inside the Tyri. Not doubting you but they visually don’t look the same to me.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Really?

the cases don’t look the same and there appears to be 7 elements inside the Mopar and only 4 inside the Tyri. Not doubting you but they visually don’t look the same to me.
You are confusing the 5" and 7" lights. The lights in https://maximus-3.com/home/tyri-1010-led-light-kit-from-maximus-3 are the same as the Mopar 5".

Here are the Tyri/Mopar 7" lights: https://maximus-3.com/home/tyri-1313-led-light-kit-from-maximus-3?search_query=tyri&results=2

The differences between Tyri and Mopar are the Mopar covers and lens say Jeep. It also appears the wire harness is much longer with the Mopar as well.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
So the Mopar 7” lights at BAM wholesale are cheaper than the same Tyri lights linked above, plus the Mopar has the Jeep covers, correct length power cables, and comes with specific zip ties for use on the Jeep.

I do say the Mopar lights work exceptionally well, and put out a crap ton of light. Only nits are they are too strong for on-road use, and if you forget to take off the covers they will melt them in a jiffy.

Reactions: Ick

Sponsored

kidintraffic

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
How's the color/temp of the lights match up with the OEM led color/temp of the headlights and fogs?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
How's the color/temp of the lights match up with the OEM led color/temp of the headlights and fogs?
Its kind of close. The offroad lights are warm white vs the OEM LEDs. Probably 4000k vs 5000k.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
If anyone has a pair of the 5” lights for sale in good condition, please do PM me and let me know! Looking to add them as the next upgrade to my rig!

Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone has a pair of the 5” lights for sale in good condition, please do PM me and let me know! Looking to add them as the next upgrade to my rig!
Check with Maximus-3. They sell the same Tyri lights, just not rebranded to Mopar.