Sponsored

OEM Steel Front Bumper skid plate brackets?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
I have a question about the OEM skid plate brackets.

On my 2020 JLU Rubicon, that came equipped with factory steel bumpers, the lower edge of the front skid plate is attached to the frame with two small skid plate brackets.

Skid Plate Bracket, Right
68353836AB
Skid Plate Bracket, Left
68353837AB

I left these two brackets on my Jeep when I removed the OEM bumper and installed an aftermarket bumper, because I may use the attachment points with the skid plate that came with the new bumper.

I am writing to ask if these brackets are mounted on all Jeeps or if they are exclusive to factory steel bumper installs? I am imagining that the plastic "air dam" plates would also need an attachment point, and they may share the mounting points, but I just don't know.

The bottom line is that I am trying to learn if I need to advise anyone who acquires my skid plate take-off if they will need to purchase the brackets and a couple bolts, or if it is possible they already have these parts on their Jeep.

Thank you for any info your can share.
Sponsored

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
They are exclusive to the metal skid. Someone would need those 2 brackets, the bolts and also riv-nuts from the dealer to install into the frame to use your metal skid. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
As a follow up:

Here is a photo I found on the web of the skid plate brackets and the misc hardware needed:

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Steel Front Bumper skid plate brackets? Wrangler-JL-Front-Skid-Plate-Bracket

My brackets are still mounted on the frame so I had not realized the four bolts were threaded into MOPAR 6511076AA nut serts as mentioned in the post above.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited: