Sponsored

OEM auto dimming rear view mirror

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Anyone know the part number for this mirror? Its not available on Sport S. I am thinking about installing it if it's not too difficult.
Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Anyone know the part number for this mirror? Its not available on Sport S. I am thinking about installing it if it's not too difficult.
I have a sports too and also want to add an auto dimming mirror. Here is a waaaaaay better alternative for you:
https://www.amazon.com/Rearview-Mirror-Recorder-Vehicle-Detection/dp/B06W563VNM

Dimming mirror, front and back dash cam all in one! I installed mine and it was super easy. Definitely shop around on Amazon, I just copy/paste the first one comes up on my search.
I bet this is also waaaay cheaper than OEM auto dimming rear mirror.

OP
OP

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
I have a sports too and also want to add an auto dimming mirror. Here is a waaaaaay better alternative for you:
https://www.amazon.com/Rearview-Mirror-Recorder-Vehicle-Detection/dp/B06W563VNM

Dimming mirror, front and back dash cam all in one! I installed mine and it was super easy. Definitely shop around on Amazon, I just copy/paste the first one comes up on my search.
I bet this is also waaaay cheaper than OEM auto dimming rear mirror.
Nice! Looks like an easy alternative. I'll put it on my wish list. Thanks!

JLSpartan

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Man that looks like a good and super cheap alternative. The one linked even comes with a rearview camera that I wonder if i could route to the sound bar to keep and eye on the kiddo :)

Too bad it still looks like a mirror ontop of a mirror lol I'd look for one that can replace the whole mirror.

golden809

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I just bought a new JL and was reading the manual regarding auto dimming mirrors. The model that I have as the rear view mirro dims, but also the drivers side mirror dims also. My 2008 Grand Ltd had center and both sides auto dimming. Great for on the highway driving! But it doesnt appear to be dimming my drivers side. Definitely doing the center but ot the drivers. Any ideas?

Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I just bought a new JL and was reading the manual regarding auto dimming mirrors. The model that I have as the rear view mirro dims, but also the drivers side mirror dims also. My 2008 Grand Ltd had center and both sides auto dimming. Great for on the highway driving! But it doesnt appear to be dimming my drivers side. Definitely doing the center but ot the drivers. Any ideas?

Apparently that's an error in the manual. I just had mine in the shop because the center one didn't function. They replaced it and works great now. I asked about the driver's side and they checked into it...

OP
OP

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
So what's the deal with auto dimming side mirrors? Is that included in the 8" infotainment system along with the auto dimming rearview? Website is unclear about it :(

mango315

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler rubicon 2dr
im looking to do an OEM upgrade, if anyone does it please post here...have a rubicon but didnt do the upgrade

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
So what's the deal with auto dimming side mirrors? Is that included in the 8" infotainment system along with the auto dimming rearview? Website is unclear about it :(

See my comment directly above yours.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have one up on member marketplace - you’ll need to wire ground/ power yourself as harness is unavailable. I installed the sos/assist button instead don’t need this

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
I just ordered the mirror and harness from Benny at @AllMoparParts.com too. I’ll let y’all know what happens when I install.
What is the part number for the auto dinning rearview mirror? Where do you get the power for it? Thanks

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

GregMG79

First Name
Greg