Last edited:

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Right under the dash on the passenger side. If you pull the top dash trim (Easy to do. only 1 bolt behind the radio bezel, and pressure clips) u can see it in a cut out I was able to stick my fingers in the cut out and unplug the connect which had enough slack to tap and solder my jumpers to the added pins
So your saying that the top of the dash has to come off to run the wires?

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So when upgrading to the oem auto dimming mirror, is the 8.4" unit required? Or can it be made to function with the 7"?

Debating just going this route because I think it is an ideal setup for soft top jeeps. The C8 corvette's rear view camera has shown how much better a camera based rearview really is.
https://brandmotion.com/product/ful...r-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-2020-fvmr-8876v2/
No it is not. The camera based rearview obviously brings into play additional benefits however you should ensure you are comfortable using one first. Some people have difficulty refocusing and it may not feel natural.

- Benny

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
No it is not. The camera based rearview obviously brings into play additional benefits however you should ensure you are comfortable using one first. Some people have difficulty refocusing and it may not feel natural.

- Benny
100% agreed. It can be a bit odd if not used to it.

Do you know if the auto dimming mirror retrofit requires the 8.4" unit?

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Will a BCM flash be required by the dealership?
No the mirrors are plug and play based on the feedback from the ones we have sold.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

hiilong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
No the mirrors are plug and play based on the feedback from the ones we have sold.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Thanks! My radio doesn’t have the auto dimming icon. Would that be needed, or will that auto dimming icon appear once I plug it in ?

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks! My radio doesn’t have the auto dimming icon. Would that be needed, or will that auto dimming icon appear once I plug it in ?

This I do not know, Sorry

- Benny

Sponsored

hiilong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Worked with Joe from Z automotive on enabling the icon on the uconnect. He knew exactly what needed to be done and programmed mine using a bcm flash. He said it would be easy to incorporate into a future release. He also enabled off road pages on my self upgraded uconnect 8.4.
I just installed mine but actually don’t have the mirror icon and couldn’t get it to work. Where did you go to reach out for support on this topic?

Thanks!

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Can I get the part number for the auto-dimming mirror WITH the assist/SOS buttons as well as the harness? Thanks

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Can I get the part number for the auto-dimming mirror WITH the assist/SOS buttons as well as the harness? Thanks
Hi Rick,
Im not seeing a JL mirror with this. The SOS buttons are built into the header trim panel.

- Benny

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Ok, thanks, guess that makes sense. Is there a part number for that? I've added the 8.4" uConnect unit to my Jeep so to use Guardian, I think I need that.

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ok, thanks, guess that makes sense. Is there a part number for that? I've added the 8.4" uConnect unit to my Jeep so to use Guardian, I think I need that.
I would like to look this up with your VIN in order to see other options currently equipped.

- Benny
Sponsored