Sponsored

OEM Audio Plus - Anyone familiar with this system?

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's; 2020 Triumph Street Triple R
I'm trying to determine how best to upgrade the audio system in my JLU. I came across this company while researching potential options.

https://oemaudioplus.com/jeep/jl-se/

Is anyone familiar with this solution? I wasn't able to find anything in the forum.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wouldn't go with any "system" that uses so called "full range" 4" drivers. Used MB Quart adapters and put 6x9's in the roll bar and never looked back. Puny speakers give puny sound.

OP
OP
musicguyusa

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@desync0 and @RedundanT, thank you both for the feedback.

I had not heard of them either and, at least on paper, the product specifications do not appear all that impressive. Solutions such as the MB Quart system seem to offer much, much more for considerably less money.

I was simply wondering if anyone out there had either used this system or, perhaps, knew someone who has used this system and could help me understand how they justify the price tag. I have found quite a few online reviews for both the Subaru and Toyota systems; most comments are the system sounds very clean and plays pretty loud when pushed without distortion.

Sponsored

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I'm trying to determine how best to upgrade the audio system in my JLU. I came across this company while researching potential options.

https://oemaudioplus.com/jeep/jl-se/

Is anyone familiar with this solution? I wasn't able to find anything in the forum.
They are “plug and play” upgrades for Toyota, BMW and a few others….you can go to some Tacoma forums and read reviews. I don’t know if it’s worth the money in a wrangler…. Polyfill and dash speaker upgrades help and don’t cost a lot. The company is legit….the wrangler stuff must be new to them.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
I installed the OEM audio plus in a 2017 Tacoma a few years back. I was paying for the “OEM” type solution. It wasn’t overly impressive by any means, but supposedly had been dialed in for the interior of the Tacoma so none of that would be necessary. I remember thinking I wont ever tell anyone how much I paid for it, including my wife. Last year, i bought the alpine upgrade kit for our 2020 willys JLU that has an underseat sub for the same reason, no splicing easy install etc. It’s much better for sure, but not audiophile quality by any means if you are that guy. I want to believe I am, but lately have been lazy and buying upgrades that are as plug and play as possible (and the JLU Is my first lease also, so it will eventually have to come out).

OP
OP
musicguyusa

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TMD78, thank you for the information regarding your experience with OEM Audio Plus.

@Thx1158, the system for the Jeep is brand new; it was just released in June 2021. At least that is what they said when I spoke with them earlier today.
Sponsored