OEM all weather Mopar floor mats

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
These things are amazing! There are actually cut-outs in the carpet that lead to a rubber plug in the floor pan. Remove the carpet plugs and remove the rubber floor pan plugs and these snap into place. You can then take the rubber plug removed from the floor and snap it into the opening in the floor mat. If you get a build up of water from melting snow or whatever, you remove the plug and it drains out... done. The red Jeep logo looks great!

20201024_205944.jpg
Sponsored

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I had head complaints about these mats after I ordered them. Watched a YouTube about how they don’t seal, etc.
So I never installed them because I didn’t want water getting in from underneath as some have said. I was about to resell them and order WeatherTech. I am going wheeling this week and needed something so I figured these would be better than ruining the carpet.
Well, to my surprise, just as Jamie says above, these fit GREAT! When you remove the little piece of carpet and the floor plug, they snap onto the mounts, pushing a little more and they snap into the floor pan and seal! GREAT! All this worry for nothing! I’m not sure if other people had older designs or what, but these fit like factory, as they should.!

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
The original JL mats had some issues with the drain design which has been improved, but it's still not perfect. This video shows one option to improve the seal around the drain but I'm not sure how it will hold up after removing / re-installing the mats.

Wrongful Suspicion

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I don’t know anything about the “original” mats, but I just installed these the other day and they are great. They will work just fine and I am treking snow into my Jeep all day. I think some people over think things or have unrealistic expectations.

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
The original JL mats had some issues with the drain design which has been improved, but it's still not perfect. This video shows one option to improve the seal around the drain but I'm not sure how it will hold up after removing / re-installing the mats.
Yes, that’s the video I watched that made me want to sell mine before I even installed them. I didn’t rewatch all of if, but in the first couple of minutes he sets the mat down and locks in the mounts but doesn’t push down on the drain. Then he says look, it lets water in.... When I pushed the drain down it locked into place . Im pretty sure they will work as designed. Weather they will hold up if taken out , cleaned and put back in over and over only time will tell.

Sponsored

ONTchamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(HellaYella)
I recently took delivery of my new factory ordered 2021 JLUR. I included the all weather floor mats in my build and was wondering why the the jeep logo on my mats is in black. A friend's new jeep came with the jeep logo on his mats in red.
Thanks

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I recently took delivery of my new factory ordered 2021 JLUR. I included the all weather floor mats in my build and was wondering why the the jeep logo on my mats is in black. A friend's new jeep came with the jeep logo on his mats in red.
Thanks
My 2021 JLUR came with black as well. The passenger side had a major defect and they ordered me another set. The new set is black... I like the red, not sure if that will rub off or get dirty though.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
These things are amazing! There are actually cut-outs in the carpet that lead to a rubber plug in the floor pan. Remove the carpet plugs and remove the rubber floor pan plugs and these snap into place. You can then take the rubber plug removed from the floor and snap it into the opening in the floor mat. If you get a build up of water from melting snow or whatever, you remove the plug and it drains out... done. The red Jeep logo looks great!

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM all weather Mopar floor mats 20201024_205944
This is a case of one man's meat is another's poison. The drain holes can be polarizing.
Sponsored