Sponsored

Odyssey battery price increase May 1

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
Just a heads up guys, we just got word from Odyssey that they will have an 8% price increase starting on May 1, 2022. If you are thinking about getting a Genesis dual battery system, or just need to replace your old batteries, you might consider going ahead and getting your order in during the month of April.

Right now the Odyssey Group 25 used in our JL/JT dual battery systems is $285.99. New price should be approx $309. (Odyssey hasn't sent us the official MAP pricing yet.)

The Odyssey Group 34 used in our JK kits is $339.99. New price will be approx $369.

These new prices push the Odyssey up closer to the Fullriver battery price, but the Fullriver Group 25 has a little bit more capacity than the Odyssey. The Fullriver Group 25 is $336.99, and their Group 34 is $324.49.

The good news is that we have plenty of batteries in stock, and most orders ship the same day. We were also very recently able to get better shipping rates for the batteries. They now ship for about $26 each compared to around $42 each in the recent past, so hopefully that helps. Even with shipping, it's still cheaper to order from us with shipping than to buy local with sales tax and a core charge.

I hope this helps you guys! Let me know if you have any questions!
-Shane

Jeep Wrangler JL Odyssey battery price increase May 1 Batteries (Medium)
Sponsored

Cycle11111

First Name
Alastair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Wrangler Sport
Just got my system in my 2door. Love it esp given my accessories and getting rid of the nutty motorcycle ESS battery and its inaccessibility is pure money

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@Genesis Offroad
Hi, Shane.

The Genesis dual battery system is on my To Buy list. That said, the a la carte price of the Full River batteries, $337 x 2, gives me pause.

Group 25 batteries vary from $100 (Wal-Mart) to $200 or so (Auto Zone). What's the value proposition in the Full River option? I don't mind paying for quality, as long as there's a clear business case for doing so.

TIA.

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Genesis Offroad
Hi, Shane.

The Genesis dual battery system is on my To Buy list. That said, the a la carte price of the Full River batteries, $337 x 2, gives me pause.

Group 25 batteries vary from $100 (Wal-Mart) to $200 or so (Auto Zone). What's the value proposition in the Full River option? I don't mind paying for quality, as long as there's a clear business case for doing so.

TIA.
That's a great question! It can be confusing to try to figure out why there's such a swing in prices. It mainly comes down to 3 things -

1. Battery capacity, rated in amp hours, or Ah
2. The amount of power it can put out to start the engine, usually shown as cold cranking amps, or CCA
3. Warranty time period, and pay attention to whether the warranty is pro-rated or not. If the warranty is 3 years but pro-rated, and your battery fails at 2 years old, then they will only cover 1/3 the cost of a replacement battery because there's one year left on the warranty.

There's lot of other factors too, such as the type of lead used, the type of electrolyte, expected service life (which varies based on your usage), how long it can sit unused without being charged, number of discharge cycles, and so on.

Odyssey and Fullriver have the best capacity, CCA, and warranty on the market.

Capacity - Odyssey Group 25 - 59Ah, Fullriver Group 25 - 64Ah
CCA - Odyssey Group 25 - 765 amps, Fullriver Group 25 - 750 amps
Warranty - Odyssey Group 25 - 3 years, not pro-rated, Fullriver Group 25 - 4 years, not pro-rated

If you are shopping at a local store, look at the label on the battery for those numbers for a quick and easy way to compare them.

Hope this helps!
-Shane

Sponsored

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Genesis Offroad Do you guys offer a discount for forum members like other vendors do here?
No, we actually don't run any sort of discounts or promotions or sales. The only exception is when we attend an event like Jeep Beach or Easter Jeep Safari, we'll give coupons to the folks who stop by our booth, but that's all.

We do occasionally have an open box item, or show displays, or a part with a minor imperfection that we put up for sale at a discount. We keep this page up to date with those items that are available in real time -
https://www.genesisoffroad.com/open-box

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick update. As of today, May 4th, Odyssey has still not sent us the official MAP pricing list for their price change announcement, so we have not yet updated the price on our website. As soon as we get the new price sheet, we will comply with their pricing policy. We just received 3 pallets of Odyssey batteries here yesterday, so get 'em while the gettin' is good!

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey sent us the price sheet on Monday, May 9. Prices have been updated to comply with their map pricing policy. Thanks for all the orders! We appreciate you guys!

boston3111

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
Which battery would I need for the 392? Just did the 392 motor swap on my 2021 JLU.

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which battery would I need for the 392? Just did the 392 motor swap on my 2021 JLU.
Were you able to keep the factory battery tray that came with your original engine? If so, then you can use our JL dual battery system which uses Group 25 sized batteries.
Sponsored