Odd Off-road Pages Behavior with CarPlay

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I have noticed that once Off-road pages is available it will launch in 15 seconds, but if my iPhone is connected and CarPlay is activated Off-road pages takes about 1 minute and 45 seconds. I have seen a large delay immediately after the off-road pages icon becomes available and selected for the app to load. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior?
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed that once Off-road pages is available it will launch in 15 seconds, but if my iPhone is connected and CarPlay is activated Off-road pages takes about 1 minute and 45 seconds. I have seen a large delay immediately after the off-road pages icon becomes available and selected for the app to load. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior?
Hi Will, about 3 weeks ago I went on some trails in upstate NY. My brother was in the Jeep. I said ā€œhey do you want to see a cool featureā€? I wound up embarrassed because my off road pages wouldnā€™t come up. I just continued trailing and a few minutes later it was there. I too had my iPhone in Car Play. I didnā€™t bother to try and disconnect my phone, I just assumed it was because I was in the woods but will next time.
Iā€™ll keep ya posted buddy.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah same thing happens with mine.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Will, about 3 weeks ago I went on some trails in upstate NY. My brother was in the Jeep. I said ā€œhey do you want to see a cool featureā€? I wound up embarrassed because my off road pages wouldnā€™t come up. I just continued trailing and a few minutes later it was there. I too had my iPhone in Car Play. I didnā€™t bother to try and disconnect my phone, I just assumed it was because I was in the woods but will next time.
Iā€™ll keep ya posted buddy.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
_olllllllo_

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been working in the mechanical engineering field for over 30 years and also straddle the line with IT, so I always look to be able to duplicate issues. If I plug in the iPhone 30 seconds after the OffRoad pages app is available, OffRoad pages comes up in normal speed (~15 seconds).

@JeepCares - I will continue to monitor the situation and if it appears to be a systemic issue I will elevate up to you. Thanks for jumping in to offer support.

Sponsored

OP
OP
_olllllllo_

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JeepCares - I continue to experience odd behavior with the Off Road Pages app. On a recent trip to and from California from Southern Arizona, whenever I was relatively close to the Mexican border Off Road Pages would not show the latitude/longitude or altitude. Once I was approximately 20-30 miles from the border they information would display again. I never lost the 4 temperature gauges ( I have a 6-speed manual so no automatic transmission temperature gauge). See attached image.

Today I went to use the Off Road Pages and the orange wording was there, but the tire tread circular icon was black. I pressed where the icon should be and it activated Off Road Pages, but the icon remained blacked out. See attached image.

Any recommendations? I live near Tucson, AZ and have gone to the Larry H. Miller Dealership on 22nd and Pantano in the past for the W12 clutch recall.

Jeep Wrangler JL Odd Off-road Pages Behavior with CarPlay IMG_8542

Jeep Wrangler JL Odd Off-road Pages Behavior with CarPlay IMG_8851

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares - I continue to experience odd behavior with the Off Road Pages app. On a recent trip to and from California from Southern Arizona, whenever I was relatively close to the Mexican border Off Road Pages would not show the latitude/longitude or altitude. Once I was approximately 20-30 miles from the border they information would display again. I never lost the 4 temperature gauges ( I have a 6-speed manual so no automatic transmission temperature gauge). See attached image.

Today I went to use the Off Road Pages and the orange wording was there, but the tire tread circular icon was black. I pressed where the icon should be and it activated Off Road Pages, but the icon remained blacked out. See attached image.

Any recommendations? I live near Tucson, AZ and have gone to the Larry H. Miller Dealership on 22nd and Pantano in the past for the W12 clutch recall.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
I have had my 2020 Rubicon for only a week and a couple of hundred miles but the latitude/longitude or altitude indications are blank. I would think if it isn't going to work, it wouldn't be there. If you find an answer for this, let me know.

OP
OP
_olllllllo_

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepCares reached out to me and actually called me at home to understand the issues I was having. The representative told me that they were working on an update to Off Road Pages to address this issue. Off Road Pages communicates via the cell connection in the vehicle to get updates. If your vehicle is having connectivity issues that may be causing the issue. I believe I read in a different post that FCA uses AT&T for cell coverage. I also have AT&T and I will have service near the Mexico border or off-roading and Off Road Pages wonā€™t display Lat/Lon or altitude. I will let you know if they contact me with the timeframe of the update.

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
JeepCares reached out to me and actually called me at home to understand the issues I was having. The representative told me that they were working on an update to Off Road Pages to address this issue. Off Road Pages communicates via the cell connection in the vehicle to get updates. If your vehicle is having connectivity issues that may be causing the issue. I believe I read in a different post that FCA uses AT&T for cell coverage. I also have AT&T and I will have service near the Mexico border or off-roading and Off Road Pages wonā€™t display Lat/Lon or altitude. I will let you know if they contact me with the timeframe of the update.
Ok, thanks William. As far as I know, connectivity shouldn't be a problem.

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
I have had my 2020 Rubicon for only a week and a couple of hundred miles but the latitude/longitude or altitude indications are blank. I would think if it isn't going to work, it wouldn't be there. If you find an answer for this, let me know.
Well a month and a half and 1400+ miles, still have blank Lat/long and alt. readings. Anybody have a fix for this? @JeepCares?
Sponsored