kevrei

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punkin JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my VEEPEAK ODBCheck BLE+ adaptor and bypass cable today. Zeroed in my tire size (which was running about 3mph high at highway speed) and deactivated the fog lamp drop on high beams. Worked great! I don't know why there is still a market for proprietary hardware. It just makes no sense. Oh, there is no light show, that's it. Bummed.

Now I need to find more things to mess with.

Nice ... I need to set the fog lights the next time I hook it up. My tire size is right but Im running about 2 mph slower now than the spedo says. Im going to try the next size back to see if that gets me closer. Update back with any new changes you try and your thoughts!

Good Luck!
Sponsored

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed a few things on Jscans facebook page that might be helpful to future buyers.

Quotes:

"Some info for Android users
A lot of You guys use the ICar Vgate Pro 4.0 BLE adapter. While this is the highly recommended adapter for iOS (being the cheapest Bluetooth LE option available on the market), for Android we recommend older ICar Vgate 2 Bluetooth (the orange one).
Surprisingly it’s faster and more reliable while being cheaper! Another reason is that Android has limited support for Bluetooth 4.0 (or Bluetooth LE) which sometimes causes problems

If you do have the ICar Pro adapter and an Android phone we recommend to connect it using Bluetooth 2.0 protocol (instructions below)

1. Plug in the adapter and turn your key to RUN position
2. Open Bluetooth settings on your phone and scan for available devices
3. One of the available options should be “V-LINK”. If you can’t find it, unplug the adapter and plug it back in, then try again
4. Click on the V-LINK option and pair it. If prompted for PIN use 1234
5. After pairing is complete a new option called “V-LINK” will be added to your adapter list in the app. Use this instead of the built-in “ICar Vgate 4.0 BLE
”

I have this adaptor and it works well on android. It's weird that they have a preset list like this. Wish they had an option to display available adaptors instead.

Also specifically for JL:

"* OBDLink MX+ adapter is needed for full capabilities, but almost everything will work with any of the supported adapters. The MX+ is needed to access RADIO, AMPLIFIER, HAVAC and BLIND SPOT modules. All adaptations can be performed with a normal adapter, however some adaptations (such as activating rear view camera) need a radio reset, and without the MX+ this will have to be done manually"

OBDLink MX+ is about $80

I noticed there is a setting to turn off your seatbelt chime just shut mine off.

kevrei

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punkin JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed a few things on Jscans facebook page that might be helpful to future buyers.

Quotes:

A lot of You guys use the ICar Vgate Pro 4.0 BLE adapter. While this is the highly recommended adapter for iOS (being the cheapest Bluetooth LE option available on the market), for Android we recommend older ICar Vgate 2 Bluetooth (the orange one).
Surprisingly it’s faster and more reliable while being cheaper! Another reason is that Android has limited support for Bluetooth 4.0 (or Bluetooth LE) which sometimes causes problems

If you do have the ICar Pro adapter and an Android phone we recommend to connect it using Bluetooth 2.0 protocol (instructions below)

3. One of the available options should be “V-LINK”. If you can’t find it, unplug the adapter and plug it back in, then try again
5. After pairing is complete a new option called “V-LINK” will be added to your adapter list in the app. Use this instead of the built-in “ICar Vgate 4.0 BLE
”

I have this adaptor and it works well on android. It's weird that they have a preset list like this. Wish they had an option to display available adaptors instead.

"* OBDLink MX+ adapter is needed for full capabilities, but almost everything will work with any of the supported adapters. The MX+ is needed to access RADIO, AMPLIFIER, HAVAC and BLIND SPOT modules. All adaptations can be performed with a normal adapter, however some adaptations (such as activating rear view camera) need a radio reset, and without the MX+ this will have to be done manually"

OBDLink MX+ is about $80

I noticed there is a setting to turn off your seatbelt chime just shut mine off.

Interesting on the MX+
Seat belt chime OFF is on the list...I haven't dug through the entire list of settings yet but that one is going on the list :)

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Quotes:

”

OBDLink MX+ is about $80

Where did you find the seat belt chime? This app needs a search function. Also, I wonder if the Veepeak BLE+ is as capable as the MX+. It seems to be a new addition (which I purchased) and they haven't commented on it. It's only $39

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting on the MX+
Seat belt chime OFF is on the list...I haven't dug through the entire list of settings yet but that one is going on the list :)
Found it under Vehicle User Settings | Seat Belt Alert. There were two entries but updating one updated both.

The BLE+ definitely does NOT do what the MX+ does.

Sponsored

kevrei

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punkin JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Found it under Vehicle User Settings | Seat Belt Alert. There were two entries but updating one updated both.

The BLE+ definitely does NOT do what the MX+ does.

May have t investigate to see if I need to re-invest in a better adapter :)

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Is it able to activate Aux Switches? I guess that's under Radio settings, so MX+ is required?

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is it able to activate Aux Switches? I guess that's under Radio settings, so MX+ is required?
I think that's probably correct.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I have a vgate and wonder if that is why I could change the light settings to led but changing the tire size seems to have no effect on the Speedo because according to gps my speed is three MPH off.
Gregj

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a vgate and wonder if that is why I could change the light settings to led but changing the tire size seems to have no effect on the Speedo because according to gps my speed is three MPH off.
Gregj
Tire Size works. I would suggest not using the MFGs published diameter and actually measure it. Mine was 3 mph off (set at 36.7 per mfg) and I found that my 37's were closer to 35.5" actual. That made all the difference.

Sponsored

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Too bad the cables and adaptors are so expensive in Canada.
Kinda kills this.

Jasper519

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does this set up have a setting to leave the blind spot monitoring on while the doors are off?

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Gregj
I have the same problem, tire size does not effect Speedometer. Another thing is I have Tazer too. When I change tire size with tazer, I dont see this change with JScan so this means it does not change the right parameter.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Tire Size works. I would suggest not using the MFGs published diameter and actually measure it. Mine was 3 mph off (set at 36.7 per mfg) and I found that my 37's were closer to 35.5" actual. That made all the difference.
It did not for me, I even tried some extreme numbers like 37 and 30, it did not affect the speedo (I have rubicon tires on my sport) .
Sponsored