ODB Jscan available for JL

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
How do you turn the lockers on in 4 high with the J scan?
I haven’t tinkered with it but from what I’ve gathered the app and plugs have to be actively going in order to enter the 2wd and 4hi locker activation. It won’t work once the Jscan and modules are pulled off.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
Hmm not sure. I know at night both are lit up with the DRL being less intense than during the day. I was messing around with it a bit last weekend and tested most of the different settings, and as I recall, that's what happened when I tried that out, but I ended up leaving the setting unchanged in the end. Also another thing the lights are programmed different between US and Canada, as the laws are different here.
I found this for US spec:

FMVSS Standard No. 108 lays it all out, starting with cars that have combined DRLs and turn signals:
Each DRL optically combined with a turn signal lamp must be automatically deactivated as a DRL when the turn signal lamp or hazard warning lamp is activated, and automatically reactivated as a DRL when the turn signal lamp or hazard warning lamp is deactivated.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2004-title49-vol5/xml/CFR-2004-title49-vol5-sec571-108.xml

Warrior319

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I hook up first then put it to run. Make any changes.. When done, I shut off and un hook hook and plug the original OBDII connection.
Can you drive and leave it hooked up? Or do you have to remove the cable?

Warrior319

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Is there a process in removing JScan prior to taking Jeep in for maintenance at dealer?
Good question? I am also concerned if this is going to bite me in the butt with warranty on my 2020?

Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Can you drive and leave it hooked up? Or do you have to remove the cable?
I've been leaving mine in without any problems that I'm aware of. I've zip tied it close behind the panel so I can remove when I need.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
MaggieJeep, here you go.
Jeep Wrangler JL ODB Jscan available for JL Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 10.41.27 AM

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I really wish there was list of what all of the Modules ad Adaptions do. Specifically under the ECU Reset list of 7 different target values. I've experienced pretty bad steering fade to the right since installing the Synergy wheel spacers and I wonder if resetting the ECU or the Power train would help. But what would be the hugest help would be a list of all the Jscan functions.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I really wish there was list of what all of the Modules ad Adaptions do. Specifically under the ECU Reset list of 7 different target values. I've experienced pretty bad steering fade to the right since installing the Synergy wheel spacers and I wonder if resetting the ECU or the Power train would help. But what would be the hugest help would be a list of all the Jscan functions.
This!

I haven't purchased yet, but probably will regardless. However, it would be really nice to have a better idea of the actual capabilities. I'm surprised their website doesn't have this type of list with explanations for each adaptation.

I've previously used similar software tools for Audi, however those had great explanations for each adaptation and what the options meant.

Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
This!

I haven't purchased yet, but probably will regardless. However, it would be really nice to have a better idea of the actual capabilities. I'm surprised their website doesn't have this type of list with explanations for each adaptation.

I've previously used similar software tools for Audi, however those had great explanations for each adaptation and what the options meant.
I would highly recommend buying it. Used it for adding passive entry and it worked awesome. The guy who owns it is from Europe and has a Facebook page, so maybe you could ask him about adding explanations.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I would highly recommend buying it. Used it for adding passive entry and it worked awesome. The guy who owns it is from Europe and has a Facebook page, so maybe you could ask him about adding explanations.
Good suggestion to check their FB page. I found this link for a new documentation project just started:

https://jscan-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I've been leaving mine in without any problems that I'm aware of. I've zip tied it close behind the panel so I can remove when I need.
Are referring to the security bypass cable? Bluetooth obd2? Or both?

I'm wondering the same thing for warranty work at the dealership.

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone out there could post on their facebook page a request for them to add the ability to activate the footwell ambient lighting with adjustments would be amazing! I don't have facebook.

I used to have this option on my audi via the Carista OBD.

I know there are a lot of Jeepers out there that have spent their hard earned money on aftermarket footwell lighting when the LED's are already there, they just operate only when the doors open.

Here is a snapshot of the customizations that were available on the OBDII adapter called Carista. Maybe post this screenshot on their page as an example? Thank you ahead of time that would do this for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL ODB Jscan available for JL 591BAA33-2BF0-49FE-B572-F454185D2CF4
Sponsored