Sponsored

ODB Jscan available for JL

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
This may be a dumb question, but am I supposed to hook up the security cable and OBDII tool and then move the ignition to the run position, or do I put the ignition into run and then hookup the cable and tool? Does it matter?

Was just concerned about unplugging those two connectors that hook up to the security cable with the Jeep already running.
Hook up the cable and the OBDII tool then run the engine
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This may be a dumb question, but am I supposed to hook up the security cable and OBDII tool and then move the ignition to the run position, or do I put the ignition into run and then hookup the cable and tool? Does it matter?

Was just concerned about unplugging those two connectors that hook up to the security cable with the Jeep already running.
I hook up first then put it to run. Make any changes.. When done, I shut off and un hook hook and plug the original OBDII connection.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Just received an email from Jscan. Apparently they’re going to post an update this week. They will be making the “ESS Disable” feature available. Also not sure how long ago this happened but apparently they have a “Trail View” section now that allows engagement of lockers in 2wd and 4hi.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@72Blazer

I'm looking forward to / am interested in, how they deal with "ESS Disable"..... especially since it is a live feature (requires hardware in place) for the SmartStopStart unit and the Tazer JL to deal with ESS..

I'm thinking that Jcan will handle like SuperChips, and you the JScan user, will have to disconnect a plunger under the hood.. the plunger disconnect has it's shortcomings...

Will be interesting to see......

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a process in removing JScan prior to taking Jeep in for maintenance at dealer?

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@72Blazer

I'm looking forward to / am interested in, how they deal with "ESS Disable"..... especially since it is a live feature (requires hardware in place) for the SmartStopStart unit and the Tazer JL to deal with ESS..

I'm thinking that Jcan will handle like SuperChips, and you the JScan user, will have to disconnect a plunger under the hood.. the plunger disconnect has it's shortcomings...

Will be interesting to see......
I see the iption is there in Jscan.
Anyone know how to use it?

Screenshot_20200905-071937_OBD JScan.jpg

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I see the iption is there in Jscan.
Anyone know how to use it?

Jeep Wrangler JL ODB Jscan available for JL Screenshot_20200905-071937_OBD JScan
I haven’t tried it. But it seems it might make the computer think the hood plunger has been disabled?! Have you tried setting the mode? I’ll mess with it later this morning but I can’t take it out for a drive anyway. The top and doors are off and we’ve had rain since last night. :headbang:

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Finally got the JScan app to work. First obd2 reader didn’t work with my iPhone so I returned it and got the more expensive one and it worked. Changed tire size and tpms.

What are the must have changes I should do next? Thanks!!

Sponsored

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Is there a way to keep the front LED running lights (in the fenders) on when you turn on turn signals? Basically the white stays on while the yellow flashes?

Buzzguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Is there a way to keep the front LED running lights (in the fenders) on when you turn on turn signals? Basically the white stays on while the yellow flashes?

Adaptation ->DRL ->DRL Dropout Enable -> Active

I believe that is what your are looking for.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
Adaptation ->DRL ->DRL Dropout Enable -> Active

I believe that is what your are looking for.
I believe this is to keep DRL on when headlights are on. Turning off the white DRL bulb when the turn signal is on is a safety feature I dont think you can disable. Prevents the amber signal from being drowned out by the white DRL. Was a problem of some of the first cars to implement LED drl strips; you couldn't see the turn signals.

Buzzguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I believe this is to keep DRL on when headlights are on. Turning off the white DRL bulb when the turn signal is on is a safety feature I dont think you can disable. Prevents the amber signal from being drowned out by the white DRL. Was a problem of some of the first cars to implement LED drl strips; you couldn't see the turn signals.
Hmm not sure. I know at night both are lit up with the DRL being less intense than during the day. I was messing around with it a bit last weekend and tested most of the different settings, and as I recall, that's what happened when I tried that out, but I ended up leaving the setting unchanged in the end. Also another thing the lights are programmed different between US and Canada, as the laws are different here.
Sponsored