Sponsored

ODB Jscan available for JL

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Anybody see the new HALO options in the latest Jscan? I have no idea what these features A, B and C are or what they do.

IMG_2597.PNG
IMG_2598.PNG
Hi! I have actually been working with Pitor to try and push and help them to get a halo on/off function working. I did an oem Halogen to LED swap and installed the Mopar kit wires to the BCM. He took a first shot at it with these options to try to get the Halo to turn on, but I did not have any luck.

It would be really helpful if someone with working OEM Halos could plug-in (even without the security bypass) and see what setting is on their Jeep for this option by default.

Even better if someone is willing to do a Live Data scan on their BCM module and send Jscan the log to see the differences between a halogen and led Jeep.
Sponsored

Florida Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited rubicon 4door
I have not been able to get the security module cables disconnected because there isn't enough room in there. Did you guys remove the metal brace holding the obd to get access?

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I have not been able to get the security module cables disconnected because there isn't enough room in there. Did you guys remove the metal brace holding the obd to get access?
Man its hard. I am barely able to push the release with one hand(L) and tug with the other(R). I get the left connector first then my LH is clear to push the release on the right connector. Maybe someone out there has a good/better technique.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

At first it took me a few tries. But now, I just reach up and do one at a time without issue. I've pretty much got my process down by feel. I haven't had to remove anything.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I always remove the trim panel under the steering column. I also put chairs & shop stool next to open driver door and lay on my back with my head under dash. I figure soon I'll be able to do it by feel.

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Hi! I have actually been working with Pitor to try and push and help them to get a halo on/off function working. I did an oem Halogen to LED swap and installed the Mopar kit wires to the BCM. He took a first shot at it with these options to try to get the Halo to turn on, but I did not have any luck.

It would be really helpful if someone with working OEM Halos could plug-in (even without the security bypass) and see what setting is on their Jeep for this option by default.

Even better if someone is willing to do a Live Data scan on their BCM module and send Jscan the log to see the differences between a halogen and led Jeep.
Here’s a bit more info in case anyone can help. I gave jscan this info from the Mopar led install instructions.
85026061-9454-4B29-9D05-CAB06E9CE503.jpeg

They then had me do a live data scan of all the sensors in the body control module and there seemed to be a connection that matched the Mopar instructions.
A77BF4B7-CB68-491B-9B1B-0472DEB9C68A.jpeg

B406FDD0-BEAE-45F3-9E44-00A242ED6CD1.jpeg

They tried to work with this info to create those new A,B,C options in the latest version to see if any toggled the Halo’s on/off. I tested on my Jeep with no luck.
A2AC184C-962E-4E1E-B297-072E13FBF208.jpeg

If anyone with the factory LEDs could do some looking around to see what settings come up for them or would send Jscan a log from the settings area it could be helpful in figuring this out. Thanks!

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Appreciate your post. I was actually looking for a picture under the dash with the cables attached. However, I have since found pictures showing this detail
Now I know what you mean. Just getting around to the doing this after my tire install and a little stumped as well. :CWL:

Florida Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited rubicon 4door
I finally got my security bypass module connected and then plugged in my OBDLinkMX+ dongle and got connected to my Iphone. Screen looks right but I can't find the path to start changing tire size or anything else. I email them and they said:
Hi Bob,

I do apologize for any confusion that may have arisen in our line of emails.
The OBDLink, by default, is a read-only software that can only connect to emissions related data. While you can read and clear trouble codes and read live parameters via these software solutions, you will not be able to control your vehicle or edit your vehicle's ECU with these apps.

The MX+ is compatible with AlfaOBD app/software, which offers enhanced diagnostics for select Jeep/Dodge vehicles, including Jeep vehicles that may support this feature.

The exact years and Jeep models supported vary. We recommend confirming support for your 2018 Jeep Rubicon with AlfaOBD directly.
Additionally, it is only available for Android and Windows. I am not aware of any iOS equivilents.
Best regards,
Shubert
Technical Support

What did I miss or did I buy the wrong dongle?

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
That’s weird. You’re just trying to change tire size and they said you couldn’t do it? I could screen record how I did mine and send it to you via text if you want. Just shoot me a PM if you don’t figure it out.

but mine was pretty straight forward. Only problem I had was mine wouldn’t turn on after and would go into anti theft mode. Realized I had to disconnect my cable and reconnect the module plugs.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What did I miss or did I buy the wrong dongle?
The OBDLink MX+ is listed as a supported adapter for OBD JScan:

http://jscan.net/supported-and-not-supported-obd-adapters/

I'm a bit confused by the email you posted. It talks about ODBLink, which is the native diagnostic app for the OBDLink MX+ adapter. It then talks about AlfaOBD. What app were you trying to use to change your tire size, and who was it that sent you that email (JSCAN, OBDLink or AlfaOBD)?

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
I do apologize for any confusion that may have arisen in our line of emails.
The OBDLink, by default, is a read-only software that can only connect to emissions related data. While you can read and clear trouble codes and read live parameters via these software solutions, you will not be able to control your vehicle or edit your vehicle's ECU with these apps.
You are using the wrong App, instead of OBDLink you need to use OBD JScan

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Anyone with factory LED package willing to check what their stock settings are for this field? You don’t have to even use the bypass cable to check this, just plug the OBD adapter in. Thanks in advance!!
5B87E8F6-8600-4209-B6F3-B75BD684FAAE.jpeg

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Can't help today, but after tomorrow I'll be able to take a look.;)

Gregj

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Can't help today, but after tomorrow I'll be able to take a look.;)

Gregj
Thanks! Hoping for some sort of breakthrough to get the Halos on without a Tazer.