ODB Jscan available for JL

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I have the same problem, tire size does not effect Speedometer. Another thing is I have Tazer too. When I change tire size with tazer, I dont see this change with JScan so this means it does not change the right parameter.
Max, Thanks for this! At least I know I'm not alone in this.

Gregj
Sponsored

kevrei

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punkin JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It did not for me, I even tried some extreme numbers like 37 and 30, it did not affect the speedo (I have rubicon tires on my sport) .
I thought I read some thing that you have to reset something in another menu to get it to save .... one of the systems. I’ll see if/where I found or saw it.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you change the tire size you get a pop-up that says to go to miscellaneous settings and Restart all ecu's, but there are four options. I tried Power on Reset and Soft Reset and so far that has not worked.

Gregj

kevrei

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punkin JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When you change the tire size you get a pop-up that says to go to miscellaneous settings and Restart all ecu's, but there are four options. I tried Power on Reset and Soft Reset and so far that has not worked.

Gregj

Just found it and yup that was it. I didn’t have to do that though and all went well ... 33” to 35”

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Very excited about finding this thread. I've run vag-com tools on previous vehicles for years and greatly missing having that access on the JLU.

Does anyone have a picture of the bypass cable installed under the dash? I'm trying to understand what is needed before I start purchasing things.

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Just found it and yup that was it. I didn’t have to do that though and all went well ... 33” to 35”
Did not work for me. And like I said before, it does not see changes made by tazer, so its reading a different register. May be it have something to do with jeep software version or something.

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It did not for me, I even tried some extreme numbers like 37 and 30, it did not affect the speedo (I have rubicon tires on my sport) .
That's weird. It's definitely working here. Did you got to miscellaneous settings and hit the !Restart all ecus option?

OP
OP
JeepGA

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Gregj
The first time I did it, it suggested that I turn the Jeep off and do it in ACC mode. However, I've made some additional adjustments had used the Power on Reset and it worked.

I didn't go back through the thread so just wanted to make sure you're plugging into the security bypass and not directly to the ODBII port.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's weird. It's definitely working here. Did you got to miscellaneous settings and hit the !Restart all ecus option?
Yes I did. I could disable TPMS, but tire size changes did not work for me at all. I contacted JScan through their facebook page bug report an so far no reply.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The first time I did it, it suggested that I turn the Jeep off and do it in ACC mode. However, I've made some additional adjustments had used the Power on Reset and it worked.

I didn't go back through the thread so just wanted to make sure you're plugging into the security bypass and not directly to the ODBII port.
Interesting, Amazon is very late delivering my cable and I am using the bypass from a Tazer. So, that could be the problem.

Thank you for the input.
Gregj

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed app update and everything is working for me now! Have to sell my tazer :)

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received my 12-8 cable yesterday and tried to make tire size changes with no luck! This morning, low and behold, the changes worked! My Speedo is correct now.

Gregj

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received my 12-8 cable yesterday and tried to make tire size changes with no luck! This morning, low and behold, the changes worked! My Speedo is correct now.
I think the problem that I had had something to do with ECU restart. It was not restarting correct computers before. With Tazer it takes 2-3 minutes to do a restart. With JScan it takes less than a minute.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Hey guys. I just completed a factory LED conversion of fogs, turns, and headlights. I used the Mopar kit and wired the headlight halos to the BCM. I was able to use jscan to get everything working without errors but can’t seem to find a setting that enables the Halos. Anyone know if this can be done with jscan?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never even looked for that function. I did send them a message on Facebook let’s see if they get back to me.

Gregj
Sponsored