Sponsored

ODB Jscan available for JL

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Emailed Jscan earlier this week. They’re apparently working on the ESS bypass. Hopefully they get it figured out soon.
I wonder if It could be done in a round about way. From what I have heard, ESS will not work if the Hood is open. Maybe the Hood switch could be disconnected, then use JSCAN to set the Hood Ajar Sensor to "Not Present" or "OFF" (Under Miscellaneous Settings), so the Hood Open warning light would not appear on the dash.

94ba54d1-05c8-44ec-a85e-e4ce84ffc7d8-jpeg.jpg

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I wonder if It could be done in a round about way. From what I have heard, ESS will not work if the Hood is open. Maybe the Hood switch could be disconnected, then use JSCAN to set the Hood Ajar Sensor to "Not Present" or "OFF" (Under Miscellaneous Settings), so the Hood Open warning light would not appear on the dash.

Jeep Wrangler JL ODB Jscan available for JL 94ba54d1-05c8-44ec-a85e-e4ce84ffc7d8-jpe
Yes. There’s a video out there of a guy doing that. However I have a 07 Duramax that looks like a Peanuts Christmas Tree. That’s what I would want to avoid. I’d rather deal with the A button for now than have a light on on the dash. Hopefully they figure it out sooner than later.

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm anxiously waiting for the MX+ should be here Monday then I'll purchase a liscence from Jscan, gonna hopefully start with tire size, and definitely get rid of the seatbelts chime.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm anxiously waiting for the MX+ should be here Monday then I'll purchase a liscence from Jscan, gonna hopefully start with tire size, and definitely get rid of the seatbelts chime.
@MalteeseJLU Very easy to disable the seat belt chime. You don't even need a programmer to do the disable. Watch this guy's video:

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
So the security bypass adapter cable plugs in where exactly on the JL ? and then where does the other end plug into ? I’m totally lost
If you use the bypass cable you don’t plug into the OBD two port then is that correct.

CFDE8983-5FBE-4932-9190-BB2FD87B5EBE.png

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
So the security bypass adapter cable plugs in where exactly on the JL ? and then where does the other end plug into ? I’m totally lost
If you use the bypass cable you don’t plug into the OBD two port then is that correct.

Jeep Wrangler JL ODB Jscan available for JL CFDE8983-5FBE-4932-9190-BB2FD87B5EBE
@Htfan sent me this pic a while back. They’re tucked up in there. But once you get the hang of it you can sit on the door sill and put your hand in there and unplug/replicate everything. The tab disconnect is on facing towards the engine bay.

443C91E3-B3CF-4D9F-9F48-9313C54A5495.jpeg

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Two smaller cables plug in where the above picture is circled. Then plug your vgate into the side with the OBD port.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Htfan sent me this pic a while back. They’re tucked up in there. But once you get the hang of it you can sit on the door sill and put your hand in there and unplug/replicate everything. The tab disconnect is on facing towards the engine bay.
No way are you just gonna sit on the door sill and disconnect and or reconnect cables there. You will need to pull the plastic just under the steering wheel and with the help of a good light get up under there literally to see and work with the connectors.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@72Blazer
@No IFS

This video shows the install of a SmartStopStart unit. You guys will be dealing with the exact same connectors as shown in the video. Watch the video so you have an idea how to do what you seek to do.

Fast forward to 4:35 in this video..

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
No way are you just gonna sit on the door sill and disconnect and or reconnect cables there. You will need to pull the plastic just under the steering wheel and with the help of a good light get up under there literally to see and work with the connectors.
Yes way. I did it after the second time of learning where the plugs were and how to unplug them. Is it easy? No. Can everyone do it that way? No. Is it more comfortable than becoming a contortionist? Yes.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
@72Blazer
@No IFS

This video shows the install of a SmartStopStart unit. You guys will be dealing with the exact same connectors as shown in the video. Watch the video so you have an idea how to do what you seek to do.

Fast forward to 4:35 in this video..
I’ve already dealt with these connectors many times. Maybe a bit of exaggeration of sitting on the door sill but I definitely did not take the bottom panel off and lay in awkward angles and positioning after the second time of getting to know the plug.

@72Blazer
No disrespect, but I do not believe you. Lets leave it at that..
Ha. Calling me a liar on a public forum. Maybe you need a little video posted like above to show there’s more than one way to do it. :CWL: As a first timer though, the video posted is the way to go.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve already dealt with these connectors many times. Maybe a bit of exaggeration of sitting on the door sill but I definitely did not take the bottom panel off and lay in awkward angles and positioning after the second time of getting to know the plug.

Ha. Calling me a liar on a public forum. Maybe you need a little video posted like above to show there’s more than one way to do it. :CWL: As a first timer though, the video posted is the way to go.
@Rhinebeck01
I can plug and unplug them easily while kneeling down next to my JL. You going to call me a liar too?
My concern is you guys post something here that a zillion Novices will read and take to heart.

Reality is... the truth is, it is the rare guy/gal that can just easy peasy, do as you say you have done.

SURE, it is possible for some/few guys to do as you say and sit on the sill and do the reconnect and disconnect but, but this is far far from the norm lets say. Best post the real deal versus the rare deal lets say.

I'll comment no more on this...